[2.6] LHC Rank #17 - Righteous Fire - Juggernaut

"
Leeown wrote:
"
Once your Purity of Fire hits level 20, you can drop Vitality and still sustain RF without endurance charges. At this point you should also have whispers of doom for dual curse. If you still don't have enlightens, switch your Vitality out for one blasphemy curse (enfeeble or flammability). If you do have your enlightens (or one enlighten 3) you can switch to the final form of Purity of Fire + Blasphemy Enfeeble and Flammability.

This is from the guide. I really recommend you read the guide, since it does seem you don't know what you're doing. It will help you understand several things your self instead of asking for help with things you can find the answers to your self in the guide it self :)

I've read that part of the guide several times, but I was just curious if +1 to max fire resistance would make such a big difference. Yes, I'm new to the game and I'm trying to understand the mechanics. If I use a Ruby Flask (which gives +6 to max fire resistance) I have almost no regen. So I was wondering if the 1% max from PoF lvl 20 would fill the gap.

I bought a purity of fire lvl 20 now, to test it, but I'm still dropping life. not as much as before, but it's still dropping. I went over the tree in the guide several times, and I'm wondering if i missed any regen nodes, but i don't think so ...
Just to be clear, standing in your hideout with both Purity of Fire and Vitality auras on, you are still losing life? Looking at your profile in PoB I don't really see a reason that would be happening.
"
Wallach wrote:
Just to be clear, standing in your hideout with both Purity of Fire and Vitality auras on, you are still losing life? Looking at your profile in PoB I don't really see a reason that would be happening.

no, I dropped vitality as suggested in the guide. But the additional regen nodes I picked should give me more regen than vitality did.
One more question: What is the orb of storm skill do in this build? trigger ee? i thought that would be achieved by the +additional lightning dmg + shield charge and fortify
Last edited by purl on Jun 17, 2017, 7:44:00 PM
"
purl wrote:
"
Wallach wrote:

no, I dropped vitality as suggested in the guide. But the additional regen nodes I picked should give me more regen than vitality did.

To be honest, I don't see any such nodes in your skill tree (or any you could have picked up at your level that weren't already in the tree). What nodes are you referring to?
Well with Purity of Fire lvl 20 you shouldn't degen more than 14 life/s or so with the tree I see you having. The extra regen comes from endurance charges and the acendancies/fortify. This is what we use to regen back up. Ive put your char in Path of Building, and I cant see you degenerating if you take the ascendancies.
Last edited by Leeown on Jun 17, 2017, 7:48:52 PM
"
Wallach wrote:
"
purl wrote:
"
Wallach wrote:

To be honest, I don't see any such nodes in your skill tree (or any you could have picked up at your level that weren't already in the tree). What nodes are you referring to?

I'm sorry, I was sure, he didn't pick the combat stamina node, but he did. So I don't have additional nodes. maybe with the 0.4% from ascendancy it will work out, omw to get those nodes atm. I hope that will solve the problem (The life degen is rly small since i picked up purity of fire lvl 20). You guys helped me out quite a lot, I wasn't patient enough again and might have panicked a little bit too early. Would you mind to read the question referring to orb of storms, I edited in the post above? Trying to understand the mechanics of this build, and I can't find anything in the guide about orb of storms.
"
purl wrote:

I'm sorry, I was sure, he didn't pick the combat stamina node, but he did. So I don't have additional nodes. maybe with the 0.4% from ascendancy it will work out, omw to get those nodes atm. I hope that will solve the problem (The life degen is rly small since i picked up purity of fire lvl 20). You guys helped me out quite a lot, I wasn't patient enough again and might have panicked a little bit too early. Would you mind to read the question referring to orb of storms, I edited in the post above? Trying to understand the mechanics of this build, and I can't find anything in the guide about orb of storms.

There is only a brief line about it in the guide - it's for more consistently proccing Elemental Overload keystone, though it does also work to trigger Elemental Equilibrium.
"
Wallach wrote:
"
purl wrote:

There is only a brief line about it in the guide - it's for more consistently proccing Elemental Overload keystone, though it does also work to trigger Elemental Equilibrium.

That makes sense. Thank you so much. I've picked up the regen node in the ascendancy tree now. That really stopped the degen.
Life regeneration is a big part of a RF build. You do damage based on your life pool, but if your regeneration is barely enough to sustain the RF degeneration, then when you get hit who will fill your life pool back? That's why life regeneration must be as big as you can. Right from shaper and left from templar there are some regeneration nodes. As you level up pick them.

A free advice: the three in it's current form is optimised to get as many jewel sockets as you can. I see you got none active (I just woke up and maybe i don't see well). Jewels are a BIG part of surviving kit. 7% life from each of them and all the damage modes (i know very expensive) but will give in the end about 50% life increase and towards 300% damage increase (almost half of all increase). Killing fast is the way to survive.
i just wonder what is better at the belt - 40 life or end charge?
No rest for the wicked

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info