The Fall of Oriath: Monster Preview

It would be more accurate to say that this Path of Exile expansion is closer to anti-religion then to say this expansion is targeting any religion (Christian, Catholic, etc.)

Think about what the premise/mechanic is of the later acts that have been discussed. The Pantheon system we kill the gods and take their powers. Notice the plural there. This is not about any one faith or religion.

Think about this from the Marauder's perspective. He has been talking about Tukohama the entire game. He will have to kill his own chief god and center of his faith. (I really hope his comments he makes changes afterwards).
Last edited by CidAvadose on Mar 30, 2017, 4:21:12 PM
finally nazi-monsters!
"
CidAvadose wrote:
Whenever you have bad guys that are humans (not demons, not gods, not aliens) there is enough history in the world that those events will look/remind people of some past events. This is not an organized plot, it is just how things are.
Yeah, and they'll always have armbands that are exact replica (except symbol in the centre which is nevertheless in the same color) of Nazi armbands. Sure. Just a coincidence, I understand.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
silumit wrote:
"
CidAvadose wrote:
Whenever you have bad guys that are humans (not demons, not gods, not aliens) there is enough history in the world that those events will look/remind people of some past events. This is not an organized plot, it is just how things are.
Yeah, and they'll always have armbands that are exact replica (except symbol in the centre which is nevertheless in the same color) of Nazi armbands. Sure. Just a coincidence, I understand.

This exactly is the issue. The problem is that the design BEGS for to be reminded as Third Reich!

The armbands could have been designed in a bit different way, especially not with the exactly same colors. And the Third Reich SS uniform theme is also a thing where I ask myself: What is wrong with you guys? I mean it looks all nice in a technical way, but why do you want your Oriath enemies exactly look like nazis, when they don't have any relation to real world history?

I think there are more ways to let them Oriath people look dangerous and threatening to illustrate how the Oriath regime is hierarchically structured as to use over and over again the cheap old nazi design. Seriously, grow up and make something new where people will love you for!

And of course I already wonder about how many Third Reich sympathizing people will run around with summoned SS nazi uniform looking minions... *sighs and shakes head*

And about the catholic designs:

You could have put a bit more work into it to let them priest guys look a bit more in a fantasy way. As it looks right now I think it's just kind of insulting and let (for example) the nuns look in a filthy way. Again: What is wrong with you guys and what are your purposes about that?

"
silumit wrote:

+1
Last edited by h4lth3rr on Mar 31, 2017, 8:43:50 AM
Looks relaly nice, hype's starting already !
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
I absolutely have no problems with making the whole oriath-empire look like the catholic church. It was bound to be like that. Templars, religious doctrine, slavery and crusade like justification of its fights was hinting at that anyway.

My problem is that you seriously went with making everything look like nazis. Seriously, that theme is not just overused, its making it a bit ridiculous .... we got wolfenstein already. We dont need another game to beat up "magic nazi maniacs".

I would have loved to see everything being based more on roman or greek culture. That would have been perfect as the previous 4 acts already made that impression about the old Wraeclast (which is now destroyed).

I mean when i look at the current games environment i see everything being based on the roman empire. Dominus and Gravicius are definetly not giving of any impression of being based on the Nazis.

And if the 2 key leaders of Theopolis are not making that impression its a bit of a harsh collision if you suddenly make their state look like nazi germany.
GGG refuses to buff Melee and gives every surivability tool to Spell/Ranged/Minion Builds because they dont play the game or at least melee themself.
[Removed by Support]
-The Truth

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info