Help me quit smoking *NOW 6 WEEKS*

Keep going and remember: smoking is bad for your health
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
Wraeclastian wrote:

I firmly believe that anyone who "vapes" is a shitlord.

Or a conspiracy nut?
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Last edited by TheWretch on Apr 12, 2017, 3:43:24 PM
"
TheWretch wrote:
"
Wraeclastian wrote:

I firmly believe that anyone who "vapes" is a shitlord.

Or a conspiracy nut?

does this mean all liberals are vaper?
^ if they keep pushing that russia trump collusion narrative after the Syria strike, i guess you could say so, yes lol
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Almost 2 weeks folks. Here is the stupidest thing ever though: I did my taxes yesterday and really wanted a cigarette. LOL I only do the damned things once a year; what is up with THAT?

Anyway I have only skipped working out one day of the 12 so I would recommend it for any aspiring quitters even though I can't legally prove it helped I think it has.

It is starting to get easier or I'm just fking myself. Either one will work.
Censored.
I dunno where you live, but here you can buy a bag of tobacco, which doesn't have a tax beyond the state sales tax. Cigarettes are $4-$5/pack. You can buy enough tobacco to roll 2 cartons of cigarettes for around $13. Then another $4 for 400 filtered tubes. Rolling machine costs about $30, it's purely mechanical, and won't break, and you only ever have to buy one. I can roll 10-15 cigarettes in a couple minutes. Smoking costs me $20/month, tops.

I don't always obey smoking rules, like if some sign says I can't smoke outdoors, fuck them. If someone says anything I'll tell them to just call the cops. But I'll be gone before they can get here. If someone wants to go through the effort of looking at the cameras and trying to get my plate, etc, and then creating extra work for law enforcement for a belligerent smoker (gulp), then go for it. The best they could get me with is misdemeanor trespassing. Pretty sure the cops are gonna say they're not interested.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Apr 12, 2017, 5:16:58 PM
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
I dunno where you live, but here you can buy a bag of tobacco, which doesn't have a tax beyond the state sales tax. Cigarettes are $4-$5/pack. You can buy enough tobacco to roll 2 cartons of cigarettes for around $13. Then another $4 for 400 filtered tubes. Rolling machine costs about $30, it's purely mechanical, and won't break, and you only ever have to buy one. I can roll 10-15 cigarettes in a couple minutes. Smoking costs me $20/month, tops.

Tobacco is effectively free if you take the cost out of money that you would have needed for retirement for all the years that you'll be dead instead.

No wait, that's not true. Assuming you try to stay alive through the pain of cancer, COPD, or others, the cost goes up dramatically.

I guess the combination approach of shooting yourself in the head around 50-60 is the most financially sound.

(Only half of this post is satirical.)
I don't care about living to be 100. Or even 80. I had a dream one time where I was a scorpion. Got into a battle with a tarantula, after several face pokes with the stinger, it just quit moving. Feasted on it's corpse, and honestly, it tasted like crab legs. And I love crab legs. Bigly.

I think this was a message that when I die, I'm going to be reborn as a scorpion. I don't think some people understand how overrated being a human over some other creature actually is. So if I live to be 60, die and wake up as a scorpion, I'm 100% cool with that.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Apr 12, 2017, 5:39:13 PM
"
鬼殺し said:
Don't forget the Wagner.

Ha ha! Funny that you bring that up. Was just going through some old vids earlier and saw that. :)

MrSmiley, while I won't deny economics is a factor in my quitting it is not the only one. I don't want to live to be 100 or even 80, particularly either. But I don't want to be lugging around an oxygen tank while I do live.

And the other issue, which you bring up, the social stigma of smoking. Pretty sick of it. Where I live (TX) meth and heroin are more socially acceptable than tobacco. Way different than when we were kids. :( And pretty sad too.

These stupid assholes actually think smoking tobacco is the MOST horrible thing you can do ever. Wow. I can't even imagine being that dumb when I was a kid. They ought to really get off their asses and try traveling some time.
Censored.
"
鬼殺し said:
Curiously enough, Tasmania is leading the way there: anyone born after a certain year will never be legally able to buy tobacco in that state. This is to me a much more honest embrace of the generally accepted belief that smoking is bad than bullshit measures like hiding the packs or making them stupendously expensive.

I did not know that but I agree with you that it's ultimately a better solution to the problem. Hiding packs is not the answer. They do that here and I believe this state has some of the highest smoking numbers in the US.

It will be my 3 week anniversary in a few hours folks. It does get easier but this shit for real sux.
Censored.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info