Help me quit smoking *NOW 6 WEEKS*

Just get hypnotized. It's like flipping a switch turning you into an instant non-smoker.

I was a heavy smoker, had been since my early teens. The 31st of this month makes it 7 years since quitting.

Hypnosis worked for both me and my mom, and my step-brother. Definitely worth checking out if you're serious, and no need for vaping or any other expensive habits.

Edit: Forgot the obligatory early "Happy birthday!". :)
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
Last edited by Shovelcut on Mar 27, 2017, 6:53:54 PM
every time you want a cigarette, jerk it
anything is everything
"
Manocean wrote:
every time you want a cigarette, jerk it

and be like...
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
I've been off of them for 8 years. Do it, man. You won't regret it.

Be stubborn. Focused. Willpower. Stop doing the things that associate with smoking, even video games if you puff & play. Cut down hanging around enclosed places with others who smoke.

I'm not saying my method will work for everyone, but I literally just stopped and told myself never again.

When you're quitting and think you want a drag, imagine chewing on an old half smoked dirty butt or licking the ashtray. The thought of it will make you want to vomit.

Remember that no amount of medicine or voodoo is going to help unless you're 100% committed to it. Go all in, man.

Best wishes,

- The Reporter -

"
pneuma wrote:
Use vaping for cessation.

You keep the oral habit/fixation, and you start at a high nicotine level (~18mg/ml). Over time, you step the nicotine down to 0mg/ml.

You can even wean yourself onto vaping by mixed-use vaping. Vape while at your desk at home or driving, smoke outside/at bars. Over time you'll find yourself not wanting to go out of your way for analogs.

That gets you off the chemical dependence, then you just need something to do with your hands and mouth. I recommend chewing gum or eating licorice.

I would second this recommendation. The majority of the people I have known who have quit and stay quit (for more than a year) switched to vaping and worked their way down.

Good Luck!
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
I also suggest if you have brought some. Place them in a place where its a pain to access them. that way if you want some you have to go through hoops. A lot of the time you'll find you cant be bothered.

The best information is to stay busy. the days I don't smoke are the ones where I'm creating art all day. Aint got time to smoke. I'm too into what I'm doing.

Other than that, vapes are great. Ive come to like them more. tastier and you can smoke inside more often making them a great compliment to the media arts.
Smoother than Smooth.
Stop smoking for 3 days and you are free from the flash effect of smoking. Effects that causes the flash will be gone completely in 3 days every time you stop smoking, no exception. It doesn't matter if you smoke again. 3 days and it's gone.

After 3 days, your blood flow will start going without the effect of smoking so only you have to do is to let your body manage your blood flow. Keep in mind that it's communicating with your body. You are/were communicating with your body by smoke, sleep, eat, walk, think. You just do that except smoking. Once you have come to sense the up and down of your blood flow, you basically succeeded.

You might feel the sole of your foot warm instead of cold or numb, recharged after eating instead of dull, inspiring instead of bothering.

You just have to be noticing the change of the flow. Unlike the flash after smoking, it's surging, lasting and changing. You won't notice the change in a short term as you spend longer without smoking.

You might be irritating for w/e reasons. That is not from not being smoking. You and your body just don't know what to do and find w/e reasons to go irritate. Now instead of smoking to change your blood flow which affects to your body strongly, you take a deep breath, stay calm and keep going flawlessly, listen, talk, walk, think, eat, drink or do nothing and just exist.

You might sometimes feel the state where you are free from the signs of your body like you are a free soul tied to your body. Let your soul and body going and enjoy your life.

You don't have 1000 years to live those fairly tales ? Go smoke and relax. The point is now you know you could do w/o smoking and it goes differently. In 3 days w/o smoking, you will be free again. You know that and just wait while doing living stuff as always.
Stop Bombing Syria
/Flu_prevention_mode ON
Moment Joon 【Passport & Garcon】https://bit.ly/2wXiUSj
MonoNeon 【Put On Earth For You】https://bit.ly/3I22mru
Good luck with this important change to your life. Not only will your health benefit, but your finances, as well, both through savings from not buying smokes, and any bennies your health insurance throw your way for quitting (if you have insurance; they might also subsidize your attempt, depending on how you do it), as well.

Happy birthday, and may you enjoy many more happy and healthy years to come! =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
toot toot chugga chugga big red car

Last edited by Temper on Apr 11, 2017, 3:27:22 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info