[3.1] ED Tri-Curse OCC | Hybrid, CI, LL | UberAtziri/Lab/Shaper

"
Granikk wrote:
how is this build looking for 3.2? thinking about rolling this

pretty good so far, but i would wait for full patchnotes 1st
"
ikswokor wrote:
maybe someone can help my - why i got only 6% increased damage taken from wither in POB? Other checked build have 90% in this point.

Did you set the stacks to 20?

On the calc screen, go to wither and there's a dropdown for stacks. It'll stay at that number when you go to other skills.
Last edited by NemoM on Feb 27, 2018, 8:14:11 PM
RE: 3.2 Ascendancy revamps:

Is sacrificing Void Beacon to pick Vile Bastion possible or does it cramp damage output too much? "You can't get stunned if you have any ES whatsoever" makes this build much better when you spec into CI.

I think I'll definitely play this for Bestiary in any case.
Last edited by Kastanj on Feb 28, 2018, 4:22:27 AM
"
Kastanj wrote:
RE: 3.2 Ascendancy revamps:

Is sacrificing Void Beacon to pick Vile Bastion possible or does it cramp damage output too much? "You can't get stunned if you have any ES whatsoever" makes this build much better when you spec into CI.

I think I'll definitely play this for Bestiary in any case.

I'm also having a tough time choosing the ascendancy points, but I think I'll probably be going with dropping Void Beacon for Vile Bastion. This is as Hardcore though so dunno.
Presence of Chayula is going to be more expensive, so an option is to try and stick with Vile Bastion for longer than previously intended.

Trickster ED/cont has the same problem - dealing with stun (Escape Artist) also requires 4 points, and since you definitely definitely need Prolonged Pain, you can't get Swift Killer too.
Thinking more, I wonder if it's worth it to cut the entirety of the curse path, and just take Void beacon and Forbidden power instead? It removes the explosions that mess with the contagion spread.

What do you guys think?
I can't for the life of me see that as a decent alternative either. An ED Occultist needs curses, and Forbidden Power borders on the useless since you are either reserving mana for stuff or putting down the occasional Wither totem, not spending mana otherwise.
"
Shiverwarp wrote:
Thinking more, I wonder if it's worth it to cut the entirety of the curse path, and just take Void beacon and Forbidden power instead? It removes the explosions that mess with the contagion spread.

What do you guys think?

3.2 Occultist can't express her maximum potential without Malediction. Profane Bloom is terrible for Contagion spreading and I agree on that, but you can't sacrifice so many bonues for it.
Studied this build and topic as I plan the LL version for this league (second character I make, so pretty much new to the game)
Couple of thoughts, with the new changes...

From what I see, the paths are either:

- Malediction + Void Beacon + Wicked Ward and a Presence of Chayula for stun immunity (and ES)

I'm concerned about the price for Presence of Chayula, as I'm new this will be a issue..

- Malediction line + Vile Bastion line

Eliminates Presence of Chayula and frees a spot for another amulet , but at the same time lose the damage from Void Beacon ( which would be 30%, seems a lot ) and (I think) gain overall lower ES (would the flat 150 from Vile Bastion + whatever ES you obtain from another amulet compensate the 20% Life to ES?)

Could the second way be viable? I'm leaning towards that as it's cheaper...
Or...am I wrong with my reasoning :)

(apologies for the bad English, not a native speaker)
Void Beacon is the stronger DPS talent of the whole Occultist ascendancy.

The choice is between Malediction and Vile Bastion. Go for Vile Bastion until you can afford a Presence of Chayula, then respec it for Malediction.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info