[3.1] ED Tri-Curse OCC | Hybrid, CI, LL | UberAtziri/Lab/Shaper

Your hybrid leveling trees don't really make much sense to me. I can see where you started off with fire damage for firestorm/flame totem leveling but as you recommend swapping to ED/Contagion when you get the IncAoE gem I really feel like you should drop the fire/elemental damage nodes by the 55 point tree. Instead you have those nodes in your final hybrid tree and never drop them.

Makes sense to me to just pick up the int node to the left of flame walker and respec out of all 4 of those points.
"
Mortichar wrote:
Your hybrid leveling trees don't really make much sense to me. I can see where you started off with fire damage for firestorm/flame totem leveling but as you recommend swapping to ED/Contagion when you get the IncAoE gem I really feel like you should drop the fire/elemental damage nodes by the 55 point tree. Instead you have those nodes in your final hybrid tree and never drop them.

Makes sense to me to just pick up the int node to the left of flame walker and respec out of all 4 of those points.

You are absolutely right. Optimized tree routes. Thank you
Hey, the guide is very well written and exhaustive.

One thing I don't like is the fact that you allocate seven passive points for 30% increased curse effectiveness (Hex Master / Skittering runes clusters), but they only affect one curse in your setup, Temporal Chains. I feel that isn't so efficient, especially at bosses / endgame content or in maps where you can meet hexproof / hexwarded affixes.
Last edited by djnat on Mar 28, 2017, 3:07:16 AM
"
djnat wrote:

One thing I don't like is the fact that you allocate seven passive points in curse effectiveness (plus the two in the whispers of doom cluster), but they only affect one curse in your setup, Temporal Chains.

And here is the reason. Build was initialy made heading for safe endgame farming in hardcore. Heavy invested Temporal chains
turns everything around you into snails and gives significantly more time to react on bosses. Heretics Veil is a thing also, but i dont feel like its worth losing that much flat ES, plus we got Witchfire Brew that gives up to 70% increased Damage Over Time wich is enough to cover lacking off curse effictiveness on Vulnerability. Hexproof is a problem for all curse users, not much we can do here, however build has enough defence and offence layers to feel comfortable with no curses at all.
Last edited by no1else515 on Mar 28, 2017, 3:32:19 AM
"
no1else515 wrote:
"
djnat wrote:

One thing I don't like is the fact that you allocate seven passive points in curse effectiveness (plus the two in the whispers of doom cluster), but they only affect one curse in your setup, Temporal Chains.

And here is the reason. Build was initialy made for hardcore play. Heavy invested Temporal chains
turns everything around you into snails and gives significantly more time to react on bosses. Heretics Veil is a thing also, but i dont feel like its worth losing that much flat ES. Hexproof is a problem for all curse users, not much we can do here, however build has enough defence and offence layers to feel comfortable with no curses at all.

Yes, I know temporal chains is amazing for both mapping and bosses. My doubt was only in the efficiency of seven points spent; you can have the same result with the 30% temp chains enchantment on head and spending those "saved" points going through the ranger area and taking all those juicy projectile damage nodes near the ranger start, with even better damage. :)
Last edited by djnat on Mar 28, 2017, 3:40:44 AM
"
djnat wrote:
you can have the same result with the 30% temp chains enchantment on head and spending those "saved" points going through the ranger area and taking all those juicy projectile damage nodes

Its 40% on the tree + curse aoe. Ranger nodes gives 55% projectile damage, including travelling. So you goin to trade 10% curse effect and 40% AoE for 15% increased dmg(not more). Not that great trade. :3 But still an option, feel free to do make it, if u feeling better like this.
Last edited by no1else515 on Mar 28, 2017, 4:10:49 AM
"
no1else515 wrote:
"
djnat wrote:
you can have the same result with the 30% temp chains enchantment on head and spending those "saved" points going through the ranger area and taking all those juicy projectile damage nodes

Its 40% on the tree + curse aoe. Ranger nodes gives 55% projectile damage, including travelling. So you goin to trade 10% curse effect and 40% AoE for 15% increased dmg(not more). Not that great trade. :3 But still an option, feel free to do make it, if u feeling better like this.

The 10% effectiveness in the whispers of doom cluster is untouchable. That's not considered in the comparison.

The tradeoff is having the same curse effectiveness (30% against the temp chains enchantment which does the same thing), less curse area of effect, while gaining 31% projectile damage (71% - 40% from the lost ED enchantment on head) and 20% projectile speed, which is pretty good when running slower proj. Going through the ranger area you can also remove a 30 dex node because you take it in the traveling towards ballistic mastery, that's why I added the 16% proj dmg final node in the comparison. You also gain 4% attack speed in the process, which is a decent QoL upgrade for Whirling Blades.
Last edited by djnat on Mar 28, 2017, 4:30:17 AM
"
djnat wrote:

The tradeoff is having the same curse effectiveness (30% against the temp chains enchantment which does the same thing), less curse area of effect, while gaining 31% projectile damage (71% - 40% from the lost ED enchantment on head) and 20% projectile speed, which is pretty good when running slower proj. Going through the ranger area you can also remove a 30 dex node because you take it in the traveling towards ballistic mastery, that's why I added the 16% proj dmg final node in the comparison. You also gain 4% attack speed in the process, which is a decent QoL upgrade for Whirling Blades.

I assume u talking about LL version, cus CI doesnt have dex node. Its not an option to spec out any strength nodes(even travelling little ones), it is actualy very important to keep blood magic high enough lvl.

Btw thank u for complex feedback.
Last edited by no1else515 on Mar 28, 2017, 4:49:33 AM
"
no1else515 wrote:
"
djnat wrote:

I assume u talking about LL version, cus CI doesnt have dex node. Its not an option to spec out any strength nodes(even travelling little ones), it is actualy very important to keep blood magic high enough lvl.

Btw thank u for complex feedback.

Yes, sorry, I was talking about the low life version!

You are welcome :)
This topic and guide was insanely helpful. Post a topic which has many elements this guide gives answers for. My longish list of questions is here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1874267

Why do u run CwDT on lvl9? Isn't lvl1 be just the best to get as many immortal call triggers as possible?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info