[3.1] ED Tri-Curse OCC | Hybrid, CI, LL | UberAtziri/Lab/Shaper

I too would like to know how mana is handled. right now with blasphemy temp chains and clarity up i have hardly enough mana to cast a contagion and ED. if i dont kill immediately im oom until something dies or i pop a mana pot.

Id love to find a way to alleviate this because the difference between having clarity and not is about 2k es.
use a mana pot bruh
"
IchiMorghulis wrote:
With the recent discussion concerning Consuming Dark vs Delirium Sai, I imported the build into Path of Building. I never play ED before so the damage numbers are kinda greek to me. Here are 3 screenshots of the different setups. The Sai does not have spell damage, while the Consuming Dark have 59% spell damage. My apology for not putting all three in one picture as I don't know how to do that in Paint.

Delirium/Empower
http://imgur.com/WOhwT5y

Delirium/Poison
http://imgur.com/a/aS6s2

Consuming/Empower
http://imgur.com/a/WqFii

Before I try to recolor my Shav to 4 green as the OP suggest (for poison), can someone shed some light on those Consuming Dark/Empower numbers because they just look huge compare to the other two.

Empower is not the way to go. The 6th link should be pierce because pierce is a more multiplier that double dips on the poison. Empower just increases the initial hit and the DoT and while an increase on the initial hit does increase the poison damage, it doesn't double dip.

The thing is, after a certain point, the decay and the DoT from the spell are negligible compared to the poison damage. Let's look at your empower numbers. You have 66k DoT + 67k poison DPS. But 67k is under 1 stack of poison. If your poison lasts 5 seconds and you are casting 1.5 times a second, you can get stick 7 stacks which is putting your poison DPS at >450k which dwarfs anything you're doing with the actual spell and decay. If you run sai + poison gem, you get the bonus 40k decay DPS but losing out on a lot of poison DPS. This is not even considering the fact that your numbers don't account for wither stacks which is also a double dipping multiplier. Under wither, that 67k poison DPS is at least double if not triple.

But we have to be realistic here since poison only lasts a long time on trash which isn't going to survive for that long for it to matter anyway. Against shaper/guardians, poison lasts ~1.6 seconds which allows you to put 2 stacks on it only and that's only if you are able to constantly hit it with ED non stop. If you're only able to stick 1 stack at a time, then the decay DPS is higher. At 2 stacks, poison is higher once again.

Your shavs should be 4G2B anyway so you can swap between poison and pierce as needed. Pierce is better for mapping in terms of QOL anyway. As for the skill tree, vile bastion is garbage. You would be much better off going malediction and run enfeeble over PoI. The survivability is much higher. Also potency of will is a must. Duration scales DPS a ton on this build.
Easiest way to get 4G shavs?
is any essence build weak in party play? I usually play with friends and we just gonna start playing and was thinking of a great build for party play
IGN: flaxburn
U play with 1 curse and 1 aura in the CI version why u dont use other auren ? (play ED first time)
"
lasty03 wrote:
Easiest way to get 4G shavs?

3g vorici

"
crunchz87 wrote:
is any essence build weak in party play? I usually play with friends and we just gonna start playing and was thinking of a great build for party play

well u can be a some sort of aura bot, but still ED is weak untill u got high enough dmg. your buddies will kill everything before ur contagion start spreading. extra monster life rly hurts. But! You can be some sort of support character and curse everything around + knock out bosses.

"
Crisscross17 wrote:
U play with 1 curse and 1 aura in the CI version why u dont use other auren ? (play ED first time)

1k total mana 35% reserved by a curse, another 35% by aura. 300 mana left. ED has 100-105 mana cost + contagion 50. Not much u can do here.(Its not aura or curse based build anyway).
Do u have a option to use Herectic's Veil for this build ?
"
Sinnerrr wrote:
Do u have a option to use Herectic's Veil for this build ?

Yes, but the Witchfire is way more efficient i would say. In terms of damage/reservation balance.
Last edited by no1else515 on Apr 3, 2017, 5:41:46 AM
deleted
Last edited by no1else515 on Apr 3, 2017, 5:41:54 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info