[2.6] Rey's LHC Freezing Pulse Inquisitor Miniguide as requested.

"
midtown wrote:
Wow, this build is SO fun to level and your leveling gear and progressions make it smooth and cheap as well :) I got to 75 easily in HC with two Tulborns and a Tabula. Thanks for making this guide, the tree and gear is really well-thought out and I love the Igniting FP mechanic.

Two questions:
* You always mention taking Righteous Providence and Inevitable Judgement together, but is there any negative to leveling a bit in between the two? I can't figure out a downside to just having RP without IJ while I prepare for Merc lab.
* Do you have life-based tree? I ended up making a life-based tree since I find CI a bit daunting due to expensive gear and lots of things to overcome (stun, etc). It was also close to minion nodes so I took the Zombie ones to get 6 tanky zombies and threw Zombies + Ice Golem + Minion Life + Minion Res in a 4L helm w/ +2 minions. Then, I added Convocate to a low lvl CWDT so that as soon as I take damage I have a bunch of meat shields. It's really fun! You are a pro so I welcome any thoughts or tweaks on my tree: http://poeplanner.com/AAcAAPcVAAB5Ax4FQgmqDdEOSBEtES8RlhzcH0EgbiL0KPoqCyo4KwosnDLRQZZFR0lRTLNQMF3yY0NsC20ZcFJ8g3_GidOLjIw2jxqP-pMnrrO4k7mTwGbAmsMJwzrEotAf0PXZ_Nte44TrY-vu6_Xv6_DV8h353QSzogDwHwj0wFRqQ5UuBx4EB4PbVcY6WGvbfRgmlWHiVUuCx_noQYe3Pv4K2L3yRTrhpldN4_6PNZKXBhmKNj2dqmyMYqzhc4KbmjvtPNWmGmw26SSqFm_jaha_D6ski9kLKpiIQKas-oCQM4UyvOqYrQKWDFKSbpx7qLm8VtJ87WEAAAAAAA==[/li]

Thanks again for the build! :D

Regarding your first question, there is no downside. I just don't consider it worth the lab run over grinding exp, unlike Inevitable Judgement.
If you want to play pure life, then you would likely add MoM. Good luck with making such a tree when everything you would want is on the right side of the tree, such as crit, projectile speed and flask nodes.
Honestly, playing Hybrid would be easier, you would still get access to most of the stuff you would want. Just that endgame Hybrid is usually inferior to endgame CI for crit casters, so why bother?

Regarding zombies... Outside of the fact that we're going full hipster right now, I see no reason why you wouldn't deviate away from what I am doing, to make your own version more enjoyable.

Personally I wouldn't want to play a life based crit caster, to include some of the downsides:
- You are likely going to have a smaller effective HP pool, even with MoM compared to CI.
- If you shoot into reflect as MoM, especially when playing crit, you will destroy your mana pool instantly. Forcing the use of HP and Mana Flasks while still requiring a Sapphire Flask to negate the reflect damage taken, resulting in less Buff/Utility Flask slots (You still want a Diamond and Sapphire Flask, giving up a Silver or Quicksilver flask, or run a single HP/Mana Flask to have that third slot...)
- Crit is focused around the Shadow side of the tree, Life is focused around the Marauder/Scion side of the tree. If you want to play crit, then you are making your life unnecessarily more difficult by going life due to the passive tree pathing issues it creates.
- You are already supposed to perma freeze most of the content when you accumulate gear, I don't see the point of zombies outside of t16 maps, in which they are likely going to get one shot by guardians.
Personally I've never used zombies for safety, but never did I feel like I would need a meatshield other than a Decoy Totem, which I usually drop later on.

Pros:
- Definitely Cheaper (again stay hybrid until you can afford to go CI)
- Safer with zombies (not even sure about that, most of the content doesn't get to touch you).

Unless you are trying to make the build cheaper to access - which Hybrid already covers decently well - I am unsure about your goal here.

Things I would personally consider is how to make the build even faster, not safer.
The biggest downside that I had playing this build, was watching my cospri's discharge friend faceroll on the run while I had to stand still and cast multiple times while speedrunning.
Zombies won't solve that issue, mana problems were avoidable with my Vinktar's and enough clearspeed by limiting what and how much I loot.

Either way, you've asked me for help with your tree idea - and even though I don't agree with the choices - I'd make sure to pickup more mana nodes to improve your MoM.
You might as well drop the primal spirit Flask Nodes since you aren't stacking Flask Nodes in first place, they only shine when you stack them together with utility flasks.
You'd have to make up for the lost dexterity with probably a Jade Amulet and some more on other pieces.
Your tree had two jewel slots, the updated version has four.

Here's the tweaked 119 point NotLikeThis.tree (please don't do this at home)
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUBAAKWAx4EBwSzBUIHHgj0CaoMUg3RDkgPqxEtES8RlhZvFr8aOBpsHNwfQSBuIvQkiySqJpUnLyj6KgsqOCqYKwosnDLRNZI26TpYOtg64UGHQZZFR0lPSVFMs03jUDBVS1XGXfJfKmHiY0NmVGpDa9tsC20ZcFJ8g30Yf8aCm4LHg9uFMoV7iECJ04uMjDaPGo_6kDOQVZJukyeVLpctmK2aO5x7oS-iAKZXpqyoua6ztz64k7mTvFa8qrzqvorAVMBmwJrDCcM60B_Q9dJ81abYvdkL2fzbXuFz42rjhOvk6-7r9ew47TztYe_r8B_w1fId8kX53fno-oD-Cv6P
Last edited by Reyonlol on Apr 6, 2017, 6:56:46 PM
I got a question, what would be the best upgrade for my char now if I have 8.5k ES and descent damage:
Vinktar, ToH or a crafted crystal belt (I'm just using a ghetto chain belt)
"
The_MnBN wrote:
I got a question, what would be the best upgrade for my char now if I have 8.5k ES and descent damage:
Vinktar, ToH or a crafted crystal belt (I'm just using a ghetto chain belt)

Out of the three things mentioned, Vinktar's for sure to fix your mana problems once and for all.
Last edited by Reyonlol on Apr 7, 2017, 2:43:37 PM
Thanks for the reply. Ele reflect is gonna be a bitch with vinktar's tho.
Last edited by The_MnBN on Apr 8, 2017, 2:00:44 AM
I looked at your current setup, is the only way you generate power charges through BV+PCoC?

Do you find it reliable enough or is there an alternative?
Last edited by AMR395 on Apr 8, 2017, 4:51:05 AM
"
The_MnBN wrote:
Thanks for the reply. Ele reflect is gonna be a bitch with vinktar's tho.

It always will be, but the remaining content is going to feel a lot nicer with it though.

"
AMR395 wrote:
I looked at your current setup, is the only way you generate power charges through BV+PCoC?

Do you find it reliable enough or is there an alternative?

I am done with the character, the gems/setup are just randomized since I have dinged 100 and did some random swaps here and there.
Point being, I had Skyforth and that was indeed enough to generate power charges.
Though as pointed out in the summary, I've been using a Victario's Acuity for mapping and BV PCoC Mana Leech for longer fights, or fights where you can't start with charges - such as Izaro.

Some people prefer running Voice of the Storm over Victario's Acuity, even without Skyforth.
I'd much rather prefer Victario's Acuity to keep my charges while mapping prior to a Skyforth purchase, but to each their own.
A Voice of the Storm amulet without Skyforth's would mean that Assassin's Mark would be the better choice to remove the clunkiness of PCoC for mapping.
Last edited by Reyonlol on Apr 8, 2017, 7:02:58 AM
Hey there, thanks for the guide, build looks great so far!

However the clear spead and AoE is so powerful, I'm having hard time on single target dps.
Trying to put down an orb of storms linked with power charge on crit but killing bosses is taking too long and running out of mana very fast.

Any suggestions or anything that I can be missing out on?

(I currently have 2x tulborns and a tabula)

Thanks again, very fun to play build!
"
TheTuf wrote:

However the clear spead and AoE is so powerful, I'm having hard time on single target dps.
Trying to put down an orb of storms linked with power charge on crit but killing bosses is taking too long and running out of mana very fast.

I assume you're still at a low level, though I can't know since your character sheet is set to private.
Do you have a Vaal Clarity and Increased Duration to get going? That alone should last you through any of the low level boss fights.
In case you do and you feel like it is still not enough, try adding a leveled Blade Vortex - PCoC - Mana Leech instead of your Orb of Storms. You should be freezing decently well, so staying in melee range / shield charging around the boss should be good enough and sustainable with this setup, even though it is a bit annoying to cast a Blade Vortex every now and then.
Later on you should melt anything during your Vinktar's and if not, then stick with Vaal Clarity to make up for any difficulties you might encounter.
The Blade Vortex 3 Link is just to make sure that you aren't left dry. I preferred it to Orb of Storms thanks to the extra Freezes while Shield Charging and the more reliable, as well as stackable Mana Leech.

Keep in mind that prior to a Vinktar's Purchase, you can use that Flask Slot for a Mana Flask to help you sustain until you farm up the currency for the flask.
A mix of the things mentioned above should hopefully get you through the difficulties you are experiencing, at least it did for me.
"
Reyonlol wrote:
"
TheTuf wrote:

I assume you're still at a low level, though I can't know since your character sheet is set to private.
Do you have a Vaal Clarity and Increased Duration to get going? That alone should last you through any of the low level boss fights.
In case you do and you feel like it is still not enough, try adding a leveled Blade Vortex - PCoC - Mana Leech instead of your Orb of Storms. You should be freezing decently well, so staying in melee range / shield charging around the boss should be good enough and sustainable with this setup, even though it is a bit annoying to cast a Blade Vortex every now and then.
Later on you should melt anything during your Vinktar's and if not, then stick with Vaal Clarity to make up for any difficulties you might encounter.
The Blade Vortex 3 Link is just to make sure that you aren't left dry. I preferred it to Orb of Storms thanks to the extra Freezes while Shield Charging and the more reliable, as well as stackable Mana Leech.

Keep in mind that prior to a Vinktar's Purchase, you can use that Flask Slot for a Mana Flask to help you sustain until you farm up the currency for the flask.
A mix of the things mentioned above should hopefully get you through the difficulties you are experiencing, at least it did for me.

Thanks for the reply appreciate it a lot mate!
Yeah I was low lvl and currently in mid Cruel, as I progress single target also becoming better and better. Still have to swap between weapon sets to shield charge as I am using dual Tulborn but as I progress more I'll your definately try out your suggestions.

One more question, what do you think about the Wise Oak flask? Could it be viable for extra cold damage and +res for survivability?

Edit: Forgot about the ascendancy of Inquisitor of res penetration. Dont mimd the last part about the wise oak :p But actually how about some more penetration? does it work? (to negative res values)
Last edited by TheTuf on Apr 11, 2017, 6:20:05 PM
Hey, ty for the build, I am having a ton of fun. I just swapped to CI and am wondering what to invest in first? Vinktar, doryani's or better ring / belt? After all investments made I am light on cash and need to prioritise.
Current gear
Spoiler

Another thing is, how is this build at Atziri? I have a couple of sets so I can try farming my own doryani's.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info