[2.6] Rey's LHC Freezing Pulse Inquisitor Miniguide as requested.

The Wise Oak will always be a good option, especially while having poor gear to get an easy Elemental Weakness cap for mapping. You can always replace it later on if you decide to use a different flask setup.
Ideally you would have the reduced cold damage taken, however the offensive counterpart will do close to nothing for you.

As an Inquisitor we are already ignoring elemental resistances on crit and the fire penetration won't amplify the ignite damage either.

Other Ascendancy classes such as an Elementalist will benefit a lot more from The Wise Oak, compared to an Inquisitor.
Last edited by Reyonlol on Apr 12, 2017, 1:12:05 AM
"
Reyonlol wrote:

Either way, you've asked me for help with your tree idea - and even though I don't agree with the choices - I'd make sure to pickup more mana nodes to improve your MoM.
You might as well drop the primal spirit Flask Nodes since you aren't stacking Flask Nodes in first place, they only shine when you stack them together with utility flasks.
You'd have to make up for the lost dexterity with probably a Jade Amulet and some more on other pieces.
Your tree had two jewel slots, the updated version has four.

Thanks so much, I really appreciate it! You've made some definite improvements to my tree. I did try going CI around lvl 80 following your tree, but found it more squishy (I was only able to hit ~7K ES), and in general all the uniques required for CI make it feel a little more cookie cutter and just...not quite as enjoyable for me. I have no doubts your tree is superior and I'll never get to 100 as quickly/safely on mine (if at all), but as you say, having fun is important :P As such, I went back to this tree and with a hybrid build, it has been easy and cheap to get into the 8-9K EHP range (including non-reserved mana which is less only 30% of life so I think valid to include).

I haven't had too many problems with mana + reflect considering that I've got the life + mana leech enchant on my boots, as well using Warlord's Mark in the CoH set up (generally any rare reflect monster is going to have Warlord's Mark applied from the dead pack around it). I also had extra socket in the CoH set up so I added Frost Wall there, the idea being that I can block off bosses and then Frost Wall also curses with Warlord's Mark, so with my boots (and Doryani's) it results in 4.6% LL and 2.4% Mana Leech, so pretty decent for sustain, especially with MoM to keep the mana up.

Just got Vaal Clarity + Vaal Haste + ID and linked so I'm excited to try those out for mapping and bosses :) Thanks again for this awesome build. It levels so smoothly that I'll probably try it as a league starter for 3.0, unless Tulborns and First Snows don't have good league starter availability?
"
Thanks so much, I really appreciate it! You've made some definite improvements to my tree. I did try going CI around lvl 80 following your tree, but found it more squishy (I was only able to hit ~7K ES), and in general all the uniques required for CI make it feel a little more cookie cutter and just...not quite as enjoyable for me. I have no doubts your tree is superior and I'll never get to 100 as quickly/safely on mine (if at all), but as you say, having fun is important :P As such, I went back to this tree and with a hybrid build, it has been easy and cheap to get into the 8-9K EHP range (including non-reserved mana which is less only 30% of life so I think valid to include).

I haven't had too many problems with mana + reflect considering that I've got the life + mana leech enchant on my boots, as well using Warlord's Mark in the CoH set up (generally any rare reflect monster is going to have Warlord's Mark applied from the dead pack around it). I also had extra socket in the CoH set up so I added Frost Wall there, the idea being that I can block off bosses and then Frost Wall also curses with Warlord's Mark, so with my boots (and Doryani's) it results in 4.6% LL and 2.4% Mana Leech, so pretty decent for sustain, especially with MoM to keep the mana up.

Just got Vaal Clarity + Vaal Haste + ID and linked so I'm excited to try those out for mapping and bosses :) Thanks again for this awesome build. It levels so smoothly that I'll probably try it as a league starter for 3.0, unless Tulborns and First Snows don't have good league starter availability?

It will most likely be quite difficult to obtain any Tulborn wands early into the league, since they can only drop from Breaches.
For now, we don't even know if we will get the possibility of playing Breach through Zana or any different ways, so it might even be unobtainable.

The First Snow jewels will be obtainable from early on, so that shouldn't be a problem.

You can easily level up with a dedicated leveling build such as Flame Blast Totems and respec later on, or simply use Auxium which are very good too, even if worse than Tulborn.
Glad you're enjoying the build :).

Hey, I think something strange happened when I posted last time, and you probably haven't seen my post (last on page 3). Anyway, don't wanna be THAT guy, but would really like some input on what to gear for next.
"
The_Gurk wrote:
Hey, I think something strange happened when I posted last time, and you probably haven't seen my post (last on page 3). Anyway, don't wanna be THAT guy, but would really like some input on what to gear for next.

Don't worry about it, might have just missed your post. Always prioritize build enabling items over straight upgrades, unless you are missing resistances or a comfortable EHP pool (disregarding that you are playing CI, just a generic advise).

In your case, I'd make sure to fix your Flask setup to cover Curse Immunity before moving further.
That being said, your damage should look mighty fine as it is, considering you are about to finish your Dried Lake levels but are already sitting on a 6 Link.
Now, as I can't see your passive tree, but I'd advise pushing for Flask Nodes and grabbing an early Vinktar's. That will solve any mana issues you might have, as well as provide an extra steroid of reliable Shock for map clearing and bossing.

Regarding Atziri, I haven't bothered trying her. She is Ignite immune, so a rare crit dagger would outperform the mace.
Damage wise, she should be no problem at all. That being said, Uber Atziri should be very difficult without the ignite.
For me personally, she wasn't worth farming. I preferred farming experience and just flat out buying the mace, which I was able to do after dried lake.

I got a Doryani's before I had a Vinktar's, though because of the lack of availability at the time and a lot worse gear than you currently have.

Lastly, I have doubts about the reliability of CWDT with Blade Vortex, rather put in an Increased Duration if you want to avoid casting it as much, especially once you get access to Vinktar's, which will probably replace your Mana Flask.
You will also need a rolled Sapphire Flask to avoid destroying yourself on reflect, don't forget to swap one in before your damage gets too high.
Last edited by Reyonlol on Apr 13, 2017, 11:03:01 AM
Ty for the advice! My tree is:
Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUBAAKWAx4FQgmqDXwN0Q5IEHsRLREvEVARlhXXGF0ZihzcHU8fQSBuIuoi9Cj6KgsqOCsKLJwsvy0fMtE1uTzvQZZFR0lRSbFMs1AwVmNXyV3yX2piWmNDaPJsC20ZbWxwUnyDf8aGronTi4yMNo8aj_qSbpMnlwaYraEvpyut8a6ztUi4k7mTvFa-Or6KwGbAmsEAwcXDCcM6xKLQH9DQ0PXSfNfP2fzbGt-Y44TndOtj6-7r9ewY74jv6_DV8h31S_k3-d0=

I am choosing between picking up ash frost and storm or pushing for flash freeze.

Dmg wise I am pretty fine for the moment yes, as long as I Crit. I have been doing some lower tier maps instead of Lake farming but no problems yet.

Another thing I was wondering was if it may be better to skip flash freeze, all the way back to ballistic mastery or maybe primal spirit. Instead pick up the throatseeker and snowforged clusters? Seems like we lose some Flask effectiveness and proj speed for more Crit multi, chance and some points to spare.
"
The_Gurk wrote:
Ty for the advice! My tree is:
Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUBAAKWAx4FQgmqDXwN0Q5IEHsRLREvEVARlhXXGF0ZihzcHU8fQSBuIuoi9Cj6KgsqOCsKLJwsvy0fMtE1uTzvQZZFR0lRSbFMs1AwVmNXyV3yX2piWmNDaPJsC20ZbWxwUnyDf8aGronTi4yMNo8aj_qSbpMnlwaYraEvpyut8a6ztUi4k7mTvFa-Or6KwGbAmsEAwcXDCcM6xKLQH9DQ0PXSfNfP2fzbGt-Y44TndOtj6-7r9ewY74jv6_DV8h31S_k3-d0=

I am choosing between picking up ash frost and storm or pushing for flash freeze.

Dmg wise I am pretty fine for the moment yes, as long as I Crit. I have been doing some lower tier maps instead of Lake farming but no problems yet.

Another thing I was wondering was if it may be better to skip flash freeze, all the way back to ballistic mastery or maybe primal spirit. Instead pick up the throatseeker and snowforged clusters? Seems like we lose some Flask effectiveness and proj speed for more Crit multi, chance and some points to spare.

For Mapping you should pickup the remaining Flask Nodes and grab a Vinktar's to enjoy the smoother gameplay that comes with it.
If you want to focus on bossing to farm your own Doryani's, then you can indeed drop the Flask Nodes and pickup Snowforged and Throatseeker to improve your single target damage further.

You can always spec out of either choice later, but you won't need the extra damage for mapping as you'll already be one tapping most of it.
The biggest slowdown is the typical problem with cone-type abilities, the likeliness of requiring additional casts to clear a pack of spread out monsters, compared to a Vaal Spark/Fireball that offscreens reliably with all the projectiles and AoE coverage that they have.
There are simply faster clearspeed builds out there, usually it is not a damage problem but either mobility, AoE or a mix of those.

That being said, additional damage is always nice to have to make longer boss fights safer, so there is nothing wrong with Snowforged/Throatseeker.
Last edited by Reyonlol on Apr 13, 2017, 3:27:34 PM
Thanks for the build, mapping has been a breeze and every reach upgrade has made it smoother. Saving for a Vinktar's is very well worth it.
O.M.G. This build is great, easiest leveling Ive done in a while.
Hi.
Thank for sharing the build.
What are your opinions on low life version in compared to CI ?
I'm playing CI Inquisitor atm and really enjoy it but single target damage is a drawback.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info