[3.0]Wild Strike. Facetank content with 1.9M dps. All maps, all Guardians and Shaper. Videos inside.

i just dont understand how you get 7.5k life.....i have just 5.8k.....wht to change to get more?
"
Offshore78 wrote:
Hey, great Guide. But you should update with the actual items and skill tree. It differs from your current gear and tree.

Added a Shaper kill setup section.

I'm not 100% sold on to use same tree for mapping so I'll update when I'm sure.
3.3 RF Trickster SSF HC guide :

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2147256
"
Lampra wrote:
i just dont understand how you get 7.5k life.....i have just 5.8k.....wht to change to get more?

You can look at the Shaper kill setup section. You are probably missing the jewels and Kaom's Roots.

I have 7,1k life when mapping as I don't use Kaom's Roots then.

At this point with you getting rid of the xophs blood wouldnt it be better to redo the tree and scale phys dmg and get an atziri's? With your elemental weakness on hit gloves I just feel it would do better. Correct me if I am wrong.. I have done this build and I like it. Just curious now about how the phys to fire scaling actually works with the random elemental dmg that procs from wild strike with the xophs and ngamahu.
"
At this point with you getting rid of the xophs blood wouldnt it be better to redo the tree and scale phys dmg and get an atziri's? With your elemental weakness on hit gloves I just feel it would do better. Correct me if I am wrong.. I have done this build and I like it. Just curious now about how the phys to fire scaling actually works with the random elemental dmg that procs from wild strike with the xophs and ngamahu.

I recently sold a +1 Frenzy Xoph's wich made it possible for me to buy a 6L Atziri's Disfavour.

That is by far the best weapon for this build.

When I started this build I had no wealth and my playtime is limited due to having 3 kids and fulltime job.

Ngamahu's Flame is very cheap and has rather good physical dps. Also free 20% fire pen is nice.

As the league has progressed I've had some nice RNG on my side. I found a near perfect Belly and six linked it myself. I bought key items for cheap like my 16% attack speed enchant boots Atziri's Step I got for 10C. Rather early I got the Devoto's Devotion with Wild Strike 6 chain enchant for 40C.

It wasn't until later that I saw some build use Xoph's and according to PoB it really improved my dps.
After awhile I realised that I was really better off using a rare amulet and so I switch.

During this time I have also spent arount 10Ex on Regrets because Iv'e been constantly testing new ideas and tuning the build.

I feel like with my tree in Shaper kill I have tuned it close to perfection. For mapping I can spec out of Wrecking Ball at the bottom of Duelist and put them to Phase Acrobats and then spec back for Guardians and Shaper.

I still have rather bad jewelry and my jewels are far from perfect so there is room for improvement for sure. I am really glad to have taken this overlooked skill that far and I'll play it next league for sure unless something strange happens.

To answer your question, yes it's best to do that and I have. I do take the two best elemental nodes though, rest is physical.

Thanks for the reply! I have been tinkering with your build recently myself. I got all the suggested gear from your old post and now have been shopping for a 6L atziri's. I am def keeping kaoms chest on though. I built away from the branch in the vaal pact direction and instead went for all the massive regen nodes and axe damage nodes. It helps keep blood rage up with no degen and also the +melee dmg with full life gem. I split off and got some health nodes that lead to the berserker attack speed nodes as well. I am going to drop the elemental dmg nodes I think and focus on scaling as much phys as possible and getting lvl 12 elemental weakness on hit. Dunno if its the right way to go but wild strike does scale with phys. DPS and health is at the same or better.

DPS drops when i take off xophs blood but all the other elemental dmg tool tips show up afterwords.(showed only fire dmg on tooltip before). Does the xophs blood and the ngamahu's really not phase out the other elements and just does fire dmg with either the chain (lightning) and the frost projectiles? i feel like it just turned those elements to fire instead. How does it even work? I have no idea.
"
Thanks for the reply! I have been tinkering with your build recently myself. I got all the suggested gear from your old post and now have been shopping for a 6L atziri's. I am def keeping kaoms chest on though. I built away from the branch in the vaal pact direction and instead went for all the massive regen nodes and axe damage nodes. It helps keep blood rage up with no degen and also the +melee dmg with full life gem. I split off and got some health nodes that lead to the berserker attack speed nodes as well. I am going to drop the elemental dmg nodes I think and focus on scaling as much phys as possible and getting lvl 12 elemental weakness on hit. Dunno if its the right way to go but wild strike does scale with phys. DPS and health is at the same or better.

DPS drops when i take off xophs blood but all the other elemental dmg tool tips show up afterwords.(showed only fire dmg on tooltip before). Does the xophs blood and the ngamahu's really not phase out the other elements and just does fire dmg with either the chain (lightning) and the frost projectiles? i feel like it just turned those elements to fire instead. How does it even work? I have no idea.

Wild Strike always picks one element at random.

With Ngamahu's and Xoph's this is what happens : (borrowed from another thread posted by tsftd)

"case: Wild Strike selects fire conversion
50% fire from axe, 50% fire from avatar/amulet, 100% fire from wild strike = 200% fire -> scale to 100% fire

case: Wild Strike selects cold conversion
50% fire from axe, 50% fire from avatar/amulet, 100% cold from wild strike = 100% fire, 100% cold -> scale to 50% fire, 50% cold --> 50% of the cold is converted to fire due to avatar = 25% cold (lost due to avatar), 75% fire

case: Wild Strike selects lightning conversion
50% fire from axe, 50% fire from avatar/amulet, 100% lightning from wild strike = 100% fire, 100% lightning -> scale to 50% fire, 50% lightning --> 50% of the lightning is converted to fire due to avatar = 25% lightning (lost due to avatar), 75% fire

since there is a 1/3 chance for each case, that means (100%+75%+75%)/3. or, again, 83%"

Yeah Kaom's is defenetly the way to go. I used Belly until I could afford 6L axe.

You are going to have some problems on Guardian and Shaper fights without Vaal Pact I'm afraid.

Well....poop. Guess I got enough regrets to shoot back over lol. Picking up an atziris probably tomorrow. I wouldn't mind sharing one on ones though with you if you don't mind. Wild strike is one of my favorite abilities. Would be cool to toss ideas back and forth
Yeah do that, I'll try to answer as fast as I can and to my best knowledge.

Anyone played this on HC? Going to make one now but need some guidelines on what to go for first in the tree, gear and so on.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info