[3.0]Wild Strike. Facetank content with 1.9M dps. All maps, all Guardians and Shaper. Videos inside.

Does anyone know how this build looks in 3.0 so far? I don't think it will suffer make changes, right?
Would "Amplify" passive good for this? i saw from the skill tree that you picked Retribution and Amplify would only be 2 passives from it.
"
Tuomari wrote:
Would "Amplify" passive good for this? i saw from the skill tree that you picked Retribution and Amplify would only be 2 passives from it.

AoE doesn't affect Wild Strike, since the skill gem doesn't have "AoE" written in the first line of tooltip :)

I'm about to start this build in SSF. Going with Ngamahus Flame and without Xoph's Blood, but I think it should work pretty well? Otherwise this looks very fun and just a build what I've been looking for!
"
Steamr0ller wrote:
"
Tuomari wrote:

AoE doesn't affect Wild Strike, since the skill gem doesn't have "AoE" written in the first line of tooltip :)

I'm about to start this build in SSF. Going with Ngamahus Flame and without Xoph's Blood, but I think it should work pretty well? Otherwise this looks very fun and just a build what I've been looking for!

But Wild Strike is AOE and it has AOE tag in gem description...
"
Tuomari wrote:
"
Steamr0ller wrote:
"
Tuomari wrote:

But Wild Strike is AOE and it has AOE tag in gem description...

The tags are as follows :

Fire, AoE, Attack
Cold, Projectile, Attack
Lightning, Chaining, Attack

As you can see, only the Fire part of Wild Strike would benefit from Amplify while Cold and Lightning would not. Defenetly not worth it.

What makes Wild Strike so good is how it's easy to scale. You get the best of both melee and elemental with penetration as a bonus.
3.3 RF Trickster SSF HC guide :

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2147256
"

The tags are as follows :

Fire, AoE, Attack
Cold, Projectile, Attack
Lightning, Chaining, Attack

As you can see, only the Fire part of Wild Strike would benefit from Amplify while Cold and Lightning would not. Defenetly not worth it.

What makes Wild Strike so good is how it's easy to scale. You get the best of both melee and elemental with penetration as a bonus.

Who makes there rules? i mean its ok to describe exactly what skill does with tags but would it be easier just to separate tags that can be buffed with skill points/passives? This is first time i have ever heard about this.

I mean doesn't Ethereal knives gets bonus damage from both + projectile damage AND + spell damage ??

Though this is my first time trying Wild Strike so i wasn't aware of this, it just confused me because in gem it self it just gives all the tags without grouping them informatively.
Last edited by Tuomari on Jul 2, 2017, 9:21:40 AM
I'm thinking of playing wild strike in 3.0 and this 2h build seems like the most powerful and fun build for it. Just wondering wether it would be safer to take the life leech nodes under the duelist start area including Vitality Void. As this is all about suriving by doing massive damage + leech it seems safer to take these nodes as well. Or... does the berserker ascendancy Cloaked in Savagery make these nodes less useful?
You don’t stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.
"
JohnnyV76 wrote:
I'm thinking of playing wild strike in 3.0 and this 2h build seems like the most powerful and fun build for it. Just wondering wether it would be safer to take the life leech nodes under the duelist start area including Vitality Void. As this is all about suriving by doing massive damage + leech it seems safer to take these nodes as well. Or... does the berserker ascendancy Cloaked in Savagery make these nodes less useful?

It would be a waste of passives since Cloaked in Savagery gives 100% of damage dealt is leeched.

It would be much better to invest in life nodes as the only thing that can kill us is oneshots.

Any thoughts about the new melee support gem "Ruthless" ?

edit: Saw on reddit a post from GGG Mark

"While it's true the visual component is less direct on Ruthless Blow, those hits are likely to stun most things encountered during the tutorial, and when they do, the base stun duration puts the stuns beyond the threshold at which they cause a swirly display over the enemy'y head.
Also, the current gem is a placeholder, and the actual planned mechanic for determining Ruthless Blows is predictable, not a chance, which will help with knowing when they're happening."
Last edited by morfer on Jul 4, 2017, 1:56:36 AM
"
morfer wrote:
Any thoughts about the new melee support gem "Ruthless" ?

edit: Saw on reddit a post from GGG Mark

"While it's true the visual component is less direct on Ruthless Blow, those hits are likely to stun most things encountered during the tutorial, and when they do, the base stun duration puts the stuns beyond the threshold at which they cause a swirly display over the enemy'y head.
Also, the current gem is a placeholder, and the actual planned mechanic for determining Ruthless Blows is predictable, not a chance, which will help with knowing when they're happening."

I will test it for sure. I can see it being swapped in vs some bosses for Multistrike.

I doubt it's better than any of the current supports but we'll see.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info