[2.6] Ngamahu Molten strike / Cyclone combo | Fast Clearing | Deathless Shaper and t16s! | Videos

"
69wanted69 wrote:

no, read molten burst skill, only proc on melee hit, so the first stage of melee hit of molten strike procs molten burst, the projectiles does not. the idea of using molten strike is so the projectiles of molten strike gets the benefit of scaling and so does molten burst, therefore have insane single target damage.(where as cyclone dont)
multistrike autolocks target so the melee hit will proc molten burst, and faster you hit, the more chance to proc it.

Spot on!

"
cudders wrote:
I've been dying quite a fair bit tier 8-9 maps, I don't have the flasks, do they make the big of a difference?

"

Could you post your gear mate? Your profile is set to private. I feel that the build is very tanky, especially after getting Cloaked in savagery!

I'd really like some more info about Xoph's Blood.

Is it worth it since it makes those flasks less useful?

If you were using Xoph's, would you swap your rings out to have WED on them?

Just wondering how safe I would be selling my Xophs and using it to get some real nice jewelery with phys damage on em like your gear listed in main post.

Help me decide, please. :(

Xoph's is worth it, I just need to rebalance resists and actually get it again first, but damage-wise it's great. Only thing i don't like about Ash is that the mobs require to hit you, and that often doesnt happen in certain fights (Shaper, uber atziri e.g.)

"
cudders wrote:
So I have a 6s 5l axe, has anyone tested the optimal gem set up for this?

I'd drop fire pen in a 6l, but still have ele focus or fire pen if you've a xophs in the 6th link as it affects molten burst (but not strike).
Last edited by mirthfulnga on Mar 26, 2017, 6:36:49 PM
rerolling HC any diff things i should do building this?
"
krilox wrote:
"
69wanted69 wrote:

these, except i dont use conc effect on molten strike, the aoe is good without it. the concept is pretty much the same, and berserker get attack speed when hit so overall about 0.5attack time on leapslam?
if i get to do it again i would go berserker too as all the ms and stuff is kinda wasted, and 100% leech is just too good.

edit: oh yea if you dont mind me asking, if you dont use xoph's blood you only get 50% fire conversion on molten burst, how does that work lol
imo if you go fire pen, then you have to go 100% conversion to make all the ele pen worth it, and xoph's blood work well like that (its extra 10% pen with 20% more fire damage dealt when mob is covered in ash)

Sorry I've had a pretty hectic weekend, havent had time to reply :)

I've comprimised a bit on the links due to squeezing in kaom's heart, which i felt helped greatly vs guardians, uber ziri and shaper.

Molten strike gets the full 100%, burst gets 50%, and it's currently enough to clear all t16 trash just fine, my main focus is on the single target damage from molten strike. That being said, i've started using Ele focus instead of fire pen due to it being 100% efficient for both :)

I feel that Xoph's is worth it, just need to rebalance resists etc around it, and i do love my Sin's rebirth. But with a Dying sun instead, id probably run it

and also ele focus or fire pen, its a 50% buff for molten burst since both only affect the fire damage, so full conversion is needed. this might sound kinda rude but changing that wont actually change anything (molten strike get ful benefit either way, while molten burst is still 50/50 on both gem)
if you do get it tho, i would consider wise oak for 20% fire pen
you have 66% fire pen, with wise oak it can get up to 86%, then flamma reduce resis by further 40%+, you will have bosses at negative res even if they have 200% res, i think this is much better than sin's rebirth.
Last edited by 69wanted69 on Mar 26, 2017, 7:53:04 PM
"
DeusDemonio wrote:
"
69wanted69 wrote:
"
DeusDemonio wrote:
Hi, I'm currently following your build, my level is 74 and I was curious about some things.
What is your defense and chance of evasion? Is my equipment good?

I still need to buy the jars.

his defense is from ascendancy, 100% damage leeched as life when he take damage greater than 15% of his hp, high hp pool is his defense, everything else such as evasion and armor is irrelevant.
and dont buy the flask, switch to xoph's blood instead

As much as you tell this about the ascendancy, with 5,304 of HP I take hit kill of several monsters. I'm having a hard time climbing lvl.

then you're doing something very wrong, which ascendancy nodes did you take first?
you take all the leech ones first and carnage last, and with that hp im guessing you didnt take all the hp nodes first either.
So, I want to do this but as a raider (I like going fast). I have few question about molten strike skill itself.
1. So, fire conversion on gem only applies to melee hit? Projectiles are still 50/50 with axe? To achieve 100% fire on projectiles we must have xoph amulet?
2. Does helm enchantment increased molten strike damage affects projectiles too? It is pretty much the same dmg as 3 additional projectiles and is way cheaper.
I am so sorry to ask a super obvious question. I am somewhat of a noob still. Is there a reason we dont take Resolute Technique? is that a valid alternative?

Thanks!
"
So, I want to do this but as a raider (I like going fast). I have few question about molten strike skill itself.
1. So, fire conversion on gem only applies to melee hit? Projectiles are still 50/50 with axe? To achieve 100% fire on projectiles we must have xoph amulet?
2. Does helm enchantment increased molten strike damage affects projectiles too? It is pretty much the same dmg as 3 additional projectiles and is way cheaper.

1. I think you read wrong, molten strike's projectile will be 100% conversion as molten strike have 60% conversion already, with conversion on axe its 100%. It is the "molten burst" from the axe that only have 50% conversion (it has no conversion innate, therefore only 50% damage is fire from the axe conversion) so to get molten burst to have 100% conversion, xoph's blood is needed.

2. yes it will affect projectile too, but remember, molten strike with multistrike linked is 3 hits, this means with extra proj enchant there will be 9 more proj every time you use molten strike, therefore much better than the damage enchant.(pretty much 30% increased damage vs 30% more damage)
I am playing the raider variant and I can tell you although its faster and stuff, berserker is the way to go as the leech is just too strong. ( the 100% leech is way more noticeable at around tier 12+ maps)
i can show you in-game if you want, the raider variant.
Last edited by 69wanted69 on Mar 27, 2017, 4:47:36 AM
"
Dpachi wrote:
I am so sorry to ask a super obvious question. I am somewhat of a noob still. Is there a reason we dont take Resolute Technique? is that a valid alternative?

Thanks!

hes running ele overload. with rt you cannot crit, therefore cant proc overload
Last edited by 69wanted69 on Mar 27, 2017, 4:39:32 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info