what is an exploit anyway? how are we (as players) to know!!?

It's bee pretty obvious, the 2 you bolded are game mechanics well seated in the game and intended, so no they are not exploits.

Exploits are something that you know should not work or are not working as intended, the recent league stone one is blatant, the stones are supposed to be consumed then not being consumed and you gaining their benefit is an obvious bug, one that went pretty much unreported to benefit those that found it....that is an exploit.

Finding a way to crash an instance to craft items at next to no cost is also an exploit and an obvious one.

There are other ones, like being able to 1 or 2 shot any boss in the game (at the time) with bear trap and a specific interaction with damage conversion, reported as soon as it was found, confirmed by a few people and fixed a few days later (prety sure in the thread GGG asked people not to abuse it)

And then there is the aura snapshotting bug, clearly an exploit and it was reported, GGG realised that the problem was quite a deep seated on and would take time to fix so they allowed it...made me lol when it was finally fixed and the idiots cried about them breaking it.

Ohh and there was that one, cast on death +blood rage...that would be an exploit as it DC'd you or crashed the instance or something.

All of these are obvious as fuck...if you can't tell what you are doing is not intended then that is your problem.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
the thing is though,

id imagine the rhoa feather / krillson thing (if its even a thing ??? )
to require some kind of insane multi-step process that appears to be (kinda-sorta-like) an exploit

i didnt know about this, and i dont even think i was map level when this was a thing.. ???
... and i didnt even know how it was done, i just heard the just of it,

now seeing a video about it, lol yeah its pretty obvious exploit,
but ive heard of exploits in some games that are like, sorta like what GGG expects players to figure out and is routinely part of THIS game.

..and i just wanted to start a curious thread...
Last edited by CaoMengde on Mar 21, 2017, 4:28:30 AM
Come on, guys. Lay off the OP and those who exploited this flaw in Legacy design.

They obviously only did it for try, for see, and for know.

Harmless.
Bring back race seasons.
"
AbdulAlhazred wrote:
Come on, guys. Lay off the OP and those who exploited this flaw in Legacy design.

They obviously only did it for try, for see, and for know.

Harmless.

And just like "for try" people are getting banned for it, over 50 some in the ladder as well
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info