what is an exploit anyway? how are we (as players) to know!!?

In my 15+ years of online gaming I have only felt sympathy for exploiters ONCE, and it was with a bug only the most fastidious minds would notice. THIS is not one of those cases.

You people knew charges were to be used up when put into a map, just the same as when you enter a zone. Stop making excuses, you're at fault here and I hope all of you who abused this get banned.
Last edited by Bioness on Mar 21, 2017, 12:19:31 AM
The fact that the number that was clearly supposed to go down, did not go down, is a pretty good sign this was not supposed to happen and was thus an exploit. Anyone torturing logic like the OP and saying 'but it wasn't clear!' is just trying to either dodge a ban or dodge guilt for doing something they obviously knew was wrong.
Well if you can do it, do it till you cant do it. its whatever to me. I dont know anything on the exploit that you speak of. so im not exactly the right person to say what i said, but. yeah.. ive used exploits in the past. i never knew they were exploits like the bonewall, meteor dupe in diablo.. i just thought it was cool someone found that shit out..i was like 10 at the time. so yeah, whatever.

If you can do it, why not. Integrity, blah blah, yeah, whatever. We as people are scumbags on the whole.
Smoother than Smooth.
Yea... you knew what you were doing and I hope you get banned. To quote my friend who read this thread too and learned of the exploit (which neither of us knew existed until today since we play in a bubble pretty much).

"how would you know? oh...idk...the fact that the entire foundation of the [censored] league wasn't working as intended!?"

Sums it up pretty nicely...
anyone else think the op used the exploit, this whole speech reeks of justifying your actions after the fact. Thats like being a serial killer and coming up with shit like "I had to kill and eat those 47 people or abaraxis was coming back to earth to fuck the planet to death"...i just saved humanity,your welcome btw.

"
CaoMengde wrote:
"
silumit wrote:
"
CaoMengde wrote:
if there is something possible to do in the game, its fair game i say...
So if I found (and used) the way to instantly rob you of all your items using only game client, you'd say it is ok?

its not okay, but its the dev's fault, not the players ... ultimately..

This argument has been used many times in the past, it is and always has been a bullshit argument. Blaming someone else for you doing something that is wrong is just being unwilling to take responsibility for your own actions. Would you steal from a store just because it has a blind spot in the security ? Yes it's the store's fault for that blind spot existing, but it's your decision to take advantage of that, and I'm pretty sure that it was the stores fault wouldn't hold much weight as a defence if you got caught.

This thing uses charges but if I deliberately take a certain action it doesn't use charges... If you can't recognise that is a bug and that you are exploiting it then you are either a moron or morally corrupt.
"
markww wrote:
This argument has been used many times in the past, it is and always has been a bullshit argument. Blaming someone else for you doing something that is wrong is just being unwilling to take responsibility for your own actions. Would you steal from a store just because it has a blind spot in the security ? Yes it's the store's fault for that blind spot existing, but it's your decision to take advantage of that, and I'm pretty sure that it was the stores fault wouldn't hold much weight as a defence if you got caught.

This thing uses charges but if I deliberately take a certain action it doesn't use charges... If you can't recognise that is a bug and that you are exploiting it then you are either a moron or morally corrupt.

You won, my friend, well said :)

I don't care much about this whole ordeal, I play SSF and don't give a flying hoot about the league economy, but I do see why some people are upset, and I think exploiters should be punished in some way or another.

Glad I play in my own bubble (SSF) and I will continue to do so like many others. I don't think they will cancel or restart the league as this would hurt a lot of players who put a lot of work in building their SSF chars, and a lot of players would probably quit the league.

Then again, I don't think banning all offenders would be the right move either. Personally I think banning the top offenders would be the right move, but more like GGG will probably take the easy way out and carry on like nothing happened.
And suddenly people are fucking tools who can't tell what is a bug, and what is not. Lets pretend we have no brains, so that we can exploit bugs without consequences.

Because Leagustones don't have charges.

OH WAIT, THEY FUCKING DO.

If anyone ever thinks that they can have a Leaguestone which provides them with endless Chayula breaches, then he is an idiot and deserves to be banned.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
"
what is an exploit anyway? how are we (as players) to know!!?

Through thinking.

Not a signature.
I'm not sure how this worked - but if it was a bug that resulted in leaguestones just not losing charges in the map device, then you would use the exploit by simply playing as intended and someone somewhere made a coding mistake.
If you have to do something special in order to get leaguestones behave that way, then I would consider it an exploit.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
Last edited by Mikrotherion on Mar 21, 2017, 3:48:29 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info