[3.0][Slayer] Dual-sword Crit Flurry - Endgame map cruiser (no bleed/chaos) (Guardian/Shaper/Uber)

"
Lazybeer wrote:
"
Brown14 wrote:

Check this out, here's what i would do with your char : www.poeurl.com/bd8R

Notice the Dirty technique wheel, you'll now poison bleeding enemies, greatly increase your single dps (25% is ok). You'll also gain additional 15% bleed chance from Razor edge, a total of 40% bleed chance (including gladiator ascendancy).

Dropping generic block nodes from duelist/marauder area and spec into damage/block nodes in ranger area. You'll lose 4% block chance but will gain more accuracy/crit/damage.

Again, this is just a reference :D

Wish I saw this post 10 mins ago, as I already changed a lot of it hehe. Since I still have the node down there for mana leech I'll have to consider going the bottom route again. I wonder if any DoT nodes are worth it with 40% bleed and 15% poison. Then again some of the guardians will be immune to either bleed or poison, and map bosses are fairly quick.

Thanks for the input, I'll check it out.

It's 25% poison tho, its true that Chimera and Hydra are immune, but it's still a great single target boost no doubt. It's only a suggestion since you ask for a way to boost single target in the first place xD.
"
Kirby1978 wrote:
Have you killed Shaper with this ? :-)

I did shaper service back then, but have to stop because im not always success xD The dps is not enough to do it comfortably like other poison abuse builds since i build this char a bit defensive wise. Only way to make it easier is to dual wield 2 foils, but you'll lose a lot of block/life tho
Updated with Phoenix and Chimera video
"
Brown14 wrote:
Updated with Phoenix and Chimera video

Thank you.

I watched the phoenix video. What I noticed is that you completely disabled the slayer leech mechanic with the acuities. Normally slayer leech is a strong leech (you'll have at least +15% max life/second leech increase) kicking in every time you take damage due to the not ending at full life, not relying of doing damage after you got hit, but on doing damage before being hit.

With your build I see the typical instant leech, available to any class which uses these gloves. So you almost ignored one of the strongest slayer perks.

I don't say the gloves are bad - it's only there is no real synergy with the slayer stats. You could slam them on a gladi or an assasin and he would have the same kind of leech. Best would be a berserker with cloak of savagery, so the next hit fills you up warranted and not during 1 to 1.5 seconds as in your video after a savage hit.

Slayer is more about being able to leech while fleeing zigzag from a big smash without attacking anything due to the stored up leech.

The other things are not touched - stun immunity, bleed immunity and the other perks run on the non-critical strike leeches of cause and provide comfort.

I played 2-hand slayer, so I know how the normal slayer leech looks on the health globe.

"
Llyrain wrote:

Thank you.

I watched the phoenix video. What I noticed is that you completely disabled the slayer leech mechanic with the acuities. Normally slayer leech is a strong leech (you'll have at least +15% max life/second leech increase) kicking in every time you take damage due to the not ending at full life, not relying of doing damage after you got hit, but on doing damage before being hit.

With your build I see the typical instant leech, available to any class which uses these gloves. So you almost ignored one of the strongest slayer perks.

I don't say the gloves are bad - it's only there is no real synergy with the slayer stats. You could slam them on a gladi or an assasin and he would have the same kind of leech. Best would be a berserker with cloak of savagery, so the next hit fills you up warranted and not during 1 to 1.5 seconds as in your video after a savage hit.

Slayer is more about being able to leech while fleeing zigzag from a big smash without attacking anything due to the stored up leech.

The other things are not touched - stun immunity, bleed immunity and the other perks run on the non-critical strike leeches of cause and provide comfort.

I played 2-hand slayer, so I know how the normal slayer leech looks on the health globe.

I've already addressed this in my guide, you must have not read it. I've tried it before and i can pretty sure that you were 100% wrong. You still have not recognized the true potential of slayer leech and acuity combo.

- I choose Acuity instead of taking Vaal pact because Atziri acuity allow me to synergy with Slayer's Endless Hunger and Brutal Fervour. If you take Vaal pact, you can't get the benefits from these 2 ascendancies like "20% of Overkill Damage is Leeched as Life" and therefore you'll be vulnerable to stun and bleed.

- Don't believe it ? you can test it yourself, let a monster cause you to bleed, then start attacking it, you'll see the bleed is automatically removed. If you use Vaal pact, you will still be bleeding, thats for Brutal Fervour.

- For Endless Hunger, go kill some mobs to trigger "Life leech effect is not removed at full life" then walk into some traps or burning grounds, if you see your health start dropping immediately, that's mean you do not benefit from Endless hunger. If your health does not start dropping, that means the damage is being calculated to your leeched life first.

- I don't know where did you come up with the idea that i'm "completely disabled the slayer leech mechanic" with acuities, pls do some research first, this is just basic game mechanic. Acuity does not only synergy well with Slayer ascendancy but also improve your leech rate (instant).

- The reason you see my leech takes 1 - 1.5 sec to start, its because that hit was not crit, therefore acuity leech effect did not apply and that was a 60% less regen map, which affect your leech rate.
I'm playing a variant of this build. Currently a Slayer. I'm not really sure where to go from here to get more damage whhile still remaining tanky. Voidheart something to go for?

My gear:

Spoiler
"
Essem wrote:
I'm playing a variant of this build. Currently a Slayer. I'm not really sure where to go from here to get more damage whhile still remaining tanky. Voidheart something to go for?

My gear:

Spoiler

Nice gears, Voidheart is good but it takes away too many good stats. Only use when you can manage to cap your res/acc, otherwise, a good rare ring with high flat phys is always better.

I checked your tree, why would you take the Cleaving cluster for Axe near marauder are tho ?

Going all the way to templar area to get Amplify is ok, but i don't think its really optimal, Elementalist and Retribution do not give you much benefits. You miss the best damage cluster for sword near marauder area, Razor edge & Blade master, which gives you 105% damage with sword, +1 range, 18% atk spd and 15% chance to cause bleeding (bleed don't stack so 15% is really enough against boss).

In my opinion, you should spec out of the templar area and get damage + block + crit nodes near Ranger starting point, wayyy more better, check my tree again.
"
Brown14 wrote:
"
Essem wrote:

My gear:

Spoiler

Nice gears, Voidheart is good but it takes away too many good stats. Only use when you can manage to cap your res/acc, otherwise, a good rare ring with high flat phys is always better.

I checked your tree, why would you take the Cleaving cluster for Axe near marauder are tho ?

Going all the way to templar area to get Amplify is ok, but i don't think its really optimal, Elementalist and Retribution do not give you much benefits. You miss the best damage cluster for sword near marauder area, Razor edge & Blade master, which gives you 105% damage with sword, +1 range, 18% atk spd and 15% chance to cause bleeding (bleed don't stack so 15% is really enough against boss).

In my opinion, you should spec out of the templar area and get damage + block + crit nodes near Ranger starting point, wayyy more better, check my tree again.

Oh wow, im such a a dumbass, i mustve forgottten to respecc out of the axe nodes, HAHA. As for the Diamond skin route, planning to buy a Red Nightmare jewel to put there for some extra block and easier endurance charges. For the templar area nodes, it will be alright without them aslong as im slayer, but im thinking of speccing to gladiator instead
"
Essem wrote:

Oh wow, im such a a dumbass, i mustve forgottten to respecc out of the axe nodes, HAHA. As for the Diamond skin route, planning to buy a Red Nightmare jewel to put there for some extra block and easier endurance charges. For the templar area nodes, it will be alright without them aslong as im slayer, but im thinking of speccing to gladiator instead

Well, even with Gladitaor, you don't really need those area of effect nodes, wasting too many points while you can get more damage, crit, accuracy, etc.. in ranger starting point. It will be annoying if you are playing maps with less aoe tho.

You'll lose many benefits if playing gladiator, but still, play what you like.
Hey OP

I'm the guy that first replied to this guide, playing LHC.

I'm level 90 now and going well (outside of the very real danger of dying to any volatile in t11+ maps.

Quick question. Do you think at 90+ it's worth going for Brutal Blade by 94 instead of heading for the more jewel sockets.

Even with Quad stat jewels, I think Brutal Blade offers more value (especially with the extra 4% block, which will bring your block closer to 75% cap with a 20% rumi)

As an aside, this build definitely keeps you on your toes in HC but I can't see myself doing t13+ without basically gambling with my life at every turn haha.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info