[2.6] CI FrostBlades Raider/Pathfinder [Permafreeze T15 bosses, 4:17 Shaper Run, 1:49 Chayula timer]

If you corrupt Gloves with Frostbite this League I pay you 1000000 Mirrors...
"
LGNaa wrote:
Why EW? frostbite give more -res

If you're talking about the glove corruption, it's simple. Frostbite can't be crafted as a 'curse on hit' corruption on gloves or any other item for that matter. The only ways to apply Frostbite would be to manually cast the curse, or to set it up with a CoH setup on Whirling Blades/Shield Charge since you're not going to put a CoH setup into Frost Blades.

Not to mention the corrupted CoH on gloves applies the curse instantly, doesn't need any setup time, and works on any of your attacks. So yes, Frostbite would technically be better, but it just doesn't work when you look at the above.

**EDIT**

Also, what Hollycz posted...this is an important point that I totally forgot about. If you're lacking some resists, you can go for an Archon Kite Shield as it gives you an implicit +12 (or +24 if you have a legacy one) to All Resists. You won't get as high an ES value in the end compared to a Titanium Spirit Shield, or potentially even a Thorium Spirit Shield, but that's still something to consider when building. Also along those lines, don't think you're locked into a Titanium Spirit Shield...a Thorium Spirit Shield with good rolls is still quite good and might run you a cheaper price just because it's not the 'best base' to use.
Last edited by Tanakeah on Apr 29, 2017, 7:48:27 AM
if ur talking about shields i bought this one and i am satisfied. resists are no good but with wise oak i have 75% res even with ele weakness map mode.

Also one fun thing you can do is VAAL CYCLONE :D its actually really good and im having fun with it now

one thing i'd like to ask you tho is i have my own links that im good with atm but i have some free slots now. any idea what to use? probably just link smth with that cyclone :P

4135 fuings exactly, counted every single one. Not a 6 link. Wasted every single currency I had on it.

I know I could have done Vorici. But it's the principle that annoys me. Got a guy in my guild. He have 6 linked like 9 items this league. I none. This just proves how fucking unfair this game is to the core. Dosen't reward you shit, played the whole league.

I'm done this league. Thanks Inval for making this build and everyone else. Good lucka and have fun lol.
"
Pjey wrote:

4135 fuings exactly, counted every single one. Not a 6 link. Wasted every single currency I had on it.

I know I could have done Vorici. But it's the principle that annoys me. Got a guy in my guild. He have 6 linked like 9 items this league. I none. This just proves how fucking unfair this game is to the core. Dosen't reward you shit, played the whole league.

I'm done this league. Thanks Inval for making this build and everyone else. Good lucka and have fun lol.

ouch that sucks. I am just getting started this league. You know, if you wanna just like, hand that off to me I will continue the vendetta against 6 linking it :)

6L kill people, i know how discouraging it can get.

On another note: because we rely so much on penetration do we not follow tooltip DPS? Currently running a 4L at lvl 58 ( first character and broke/basically SSF). I run MS > WED > FB > Faster Attacks. It seems to give me the highest tooltip right now. MY weapons are not fantastic phys dmg weps so perhaps that is why my WED gives me a higher tooltip with hatred rather than running MPD? If i take out FA and put in pen or the other gem... ( hypothermia? ) my tooltip goes down drastically but i imagine the tooltip doesn't properly reflect the damage change..
"
poppawheelie wrote:
ouch that sucks. I am just getting started this league. You know, if you wanna just like, hand that off to me I will continue the vendetta against 6 linking it :)

On another note: because we rely so much on penetration do we not follow tooltip DPS? Currently running a 4L at lvl 58 ( first character and broke/basically SSF). I run MS > WED > FB > Faster Attacks. It seems to give me the highest tooltip right now. MY weapons are not fantastic phys dmg weps so perhaps that is why my WED gives me a higher tooltip with hatred rather than running MPD? If i take out FA and put in pen or the other gem... ( hypothermia? ) my tooltip goes down drastically but i imagine the tooltip doesn't properly reflect the damage change..

You are correct about the Tooltip DPS. It's actually one of the easiest 'traps' to fall into and a lot of people chase after the big numbers without really realizing that the numbers aren't everything. Cold Penetration is not factored into the tooltip DPS, but if you slot it in and take a close look, you'll very likely notice a difference in how quickly you kill things. Same for Hypothermia, though I'd lean more towards Cold Pen. myself for leveling, but up to you. You're already going to get enough attack speed with Multistrike that Faster Attacks is a bit overkill.

Basically, don't rely on the tooltip to be your guide for what is 'right'...experiment and use your own analysis to see what feels stronger. Not to say the tooltip is bad and you shouldn't use, just don't rely on it as gospel truth as it were.
"
Tanakeah wrote:
"
poppawheelie wrote:

You are correct about the Tooltip DPS. It's actually one of the easiest 'traps' to fall into and a lot of people chase after the big numbers without really realizing that the numbers aren't everything. Cold Penetration is not factored into the tooltip DPS, but if you slot it in and take a close look, you'll very likely notice a difference in how quickly you kill things. Same for Hypothermia, though I'd lean more towards Cold Pen. myself for leveling, but up to you. You're already going to get enough attack speed with Multistrike that Faster Attacks is a bit overkill.

Basically, don't rely on the tooltip to be your guide for what is 'right'...experiment and use your own analysis to see what feels stronger. Not to say the tooltip is bad and you shouldn't use, just don't rely on it as gospel truth as it were.

thanks for the response, i am seeing that now. the bigger problem is that i am clearing so fast already that it is hard to tell the difference haha. the actual speed of the projectiles and attacks is quite the placebo for feeling like big damage is happening.

My tip for the build for new players is that the health pool is really shockingly low if you are not funding it from previous characters. this is my first character of this league and come from a heavy HC background and the health pool with decent +hp gear is barely 3k right now at almost 60. I think i decided to hold off on a few of the nodes because i just wont have the regrets to eventually switch to CI, but even still, scary low hp it feels.
Hey, i've got a question. How do you get stun immunity before skyforths? Do i just have to use eye of chayula basically forever since i can't afford sf?
Valyrium ring
"
xflinn wrote:
I just recently respecced my pathfinder to FB and was wondering the priorities of upgrades

Gear
Spoiler

Flasks
Spoiler

Trying to find a 330+ dps claw but there aren't that many that fit the requirement that aren't 15ex+
So I'll most likely start crafting my own claw at some point.

Using skin of the loyal until I get splendour (es) and/or might migrate my regalia from my howa and try to off color.

The helm is pretty weak (but nearly caps my resistances (same as my shitty shield))

Should probably bring/buy my wise oak.

Tooltip is 37k with only my auras and no flasks.
Currently using Charisma nodes because that's the only way to fit in 3 auras for me without skyforths.

I think your DPS gear is good enough for now. I would focus on getting better ES gear at this point - shield and helm mainly, as you've already mentioned haha

"
LGNaa wrote:
Why EW? frostbite give more -res

Also, just to add to what tanakeah and daath have already mentioned. If you're talking about -ve res, a 20q elemental weakness would grant identical -res as a frost bite of the same level and would be better for party play and also solo play (because veteran bowyer grants extra elemental damage of a random type).

"
Pjey wrote:

Shucks, yeah RNG can be a bitch sometimes. See you around!

"
poppawheelie wrote:

thanks for the response, i am seeing that now. the bigger problem is that i am clearing so fast already that it is hard to tell the difference haha. the actual speed of the projectiles and attacks is quite the placebo for feeling like big damage is happening.

My tip for the build for new players is that the health pool is really shockingly low if you are not funding it from previous characters. this is my first character of this league and come from a heavy HC background and the health pool with decent +hp gear is barely 3k right now at almost 60. I think i decided to hold off on a few of the nodes because i just wont have the regrets to eventually switch to CI, but even still, scary low hp it feels.

WED providing more damage than MPD is working as intended. The %more damage bonus on WED is higher than MPD, so its definitely the preferred choice over MPD if you're limited in sockets/links.

Frost blades definitely has awesome clear speed even on a low budget. You'll eventually be needing some DPS flasks though for the bosses.

Ya I actually did try to grab as many HP nodes as I could for the leveling trees. I suppose one can use a shield for the extra HP and defense in a HC setting. At least cold damage allows us to freeze mobs which provides for an extra layer of defence!
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info