[2.6] CI FrostBlades Raider/Pathfinder [Permafreeze T15 bosses, 4:17 Shaper Run, 1:49 Chayula timer]

"
Fauxcus wrote:
Hey, i've got a question. How do you get stun immunity before skyforths? Do i just have to use eye of chayula basically forever since i can't afford sf?

Get a pair of koam's roots. Amazing boots for the price (Freeze, Temp Chains, Frozen ground-immunity!), even as CI. (Might feel slow on a pathfinder, but on a Ranger it is completly fine)
Last edited by Nvar on Apr 29, 2017, 2:32:25 PM
So fairly new to crafting but know the jist of it, recently crafted

According to poe trade macro its 364 pdps claw as it is like that.

What would the proper steps be to make the best claw possible from that? (or is it not worth working on)
"
xflinn wrote:
So fairly new to crafting but know the jist of it, recently crafted

According to poe trade macro its 364 pdps claw as it is like that.

What would the proper steps be to make the best claw possible from that? (or is it not worth working on)

That's a very, very nice claw you have there, and to craft it any further is going to require a little luck and a very high likelyhood you'll 'brick' the last prefix you can roll on it. Right now you have two prefixes and a suffix, so you have two potential options:

1. Use master-crafting to craft just Increased Critical Strike Chance on the weapon and stop there. Though that's only 4 out of 6 potential stats, those that you've rolled so far are the more important ones on the base weapon. Plus, with the ICSC, your weapon's base crit will go up and scale better with any ICS nodes you take on the tree or mods on the rest of your gear.

2. Craft one last prefix on it (maybe flat cold damage) and then try your luck with using Exalted Orbs to see what you get for the final two prefixes.

Thing is, is it's really hard to say which way to go since you have such a high probability of just getting something you don't want and potentially 'wasting' good rolls. If I were you, I'd go with the first option and play it safe since that claw will be good enough to get you quite far. Unless you've got some currency to burn then you could try and go for it, even do a 'Prefixes Cannot Be Changed' craft and take whatever third prefix you get and run with it. If you hit a hybrid damage/accuracy roll then you'd really be set, but...yeah...not an easy choice.
Trying to go by your passive tree, however as i click between the levels, did you use refunds?
"
HardSide wrote:
Trying to go by your passive tree, however as i click between the levels, did you use refunds?

Haven't looked since I only used the last switch when I switched my toon, but most likely.

Initially he probably went more life nodes than used respecs when he switched to CI and went more ES nodes and removed life nodes.

On the last tree, I assume he got rid of some ES nodes to get more damage.
any suggestions on a 5 link, RRGGG ?

right now i am lvl 60 with

running Multistrike > WED > Frost blades > Cold Pen > Faster attacks / Hypothermia

the FA/Hypotherm is the thing in question. I dont got the croms to get a blue gem in there.
"
HardSide wrote:

Yup, what xflinn said. The tree doesn't have to be rigid. You can adjust it according to your gear.

"
poppawheelie wrote:
any suggestions on a 5 link, RRGGG ?

right now i am lvl 60 with

running Multistrike > WED > Frost blades > Cold Pen > Faster attacks / Hypothermia

the FA/Hypotherm is the thing in question. I dont got the croms to get a blue gem in there.

Yup that 5L looks fine. I would personally prefer hypothermia for more effective dps, but it also depends on your attack speed. If you find yourself getting locked in place too long for your liking (because of multistrike), you can use faster attacks instead for the better QOL.
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
Last edited by Invalesco on Apr 29, 2017, 7:46:53 PM
Hello,

Thank you for your build.

I'm trying to make a life version because i'm more confortable with it.

What you guys think about it :
http://poeplanner.com/AAcAAP8SIwB9m40ILu2DGY4AXtN-73ruDoGs5GqpeX8r_W6NuTB8UUfnVCT9_9431O0_Ps-95rTFFf2NgcGgeBlvV6XLYqxsjH11_roWv52qjb_UI_GKjX0j9k2SvqdlTb02eu8FLVoaR3507c96QzHDM9rBJpVh4lVLjDaJ03BSD6uyGTIBGbQi6kscwzqbtV-wykpvnvGzS1fA44TFLlOE2WwI2-cM8iSLj8HWB9NvsXzD5i2DFSD2oyoLXfIOSBGWAQm42d1IdcvqYo1-zZijijBx3ahLeDpCv9VTu5ykhxN3B-d0k5CaF5KABbXC7OjWFyZ6hF9wg208vtjV0K1B0AAAAAAA

( ill go for touch anguish for budget version, 2 fight for survival 1 rare jewel and only if i found one a blue dream )

Thank you. :-)
Last edited by Kyorden on Apr 29, 2017, 11:25:01 PM
I decided to switch to this as a fun boss killer for endgame grind challenges, maybe some chayula runs. I got extremely lucky on my claw roll and hit t1%/t3 flat, the rest of my gear is pretty eh. I had a few questions:
I only have 35% crit before power charges. Without skyforth its pretty cumbersome to maintain them, is it better to just run increased crit in my setup for smoothness?
For certain bosses, hypothermia and pandemonius still work, right? Like breachlords and izaro?
What should my focus be for upgrades? Skyforth?

Here is my gear, need to buy another jewel, maybe I'll try and rely on stun enchant over valyrium if I can get it, or run kiara's.
Spoiler

lastly, any ideas for this?

ign - Zilead
"
Kyorden wrote:
Hello,

Thank you for your build.

I'm trying to make a life version because i'm more confortable with it.

What you guys think about it :
http://poeplanner.com/AAcAAP8SIwB9m40ILu2DGY4AXtN-73ruDoGs5GqpeX8r_W6NuTB8UUfnVCT9_9431O0_Ps-95rTFFf2NgcGgeBlvV6XLYqxsjH11_roWv52qjb_UI_GKjX0j9k2SvqdlTb02eu8FLVoaR3507c96QzHDM9rBJpVh4lVLjDaJ03BSD6uyGTIBGbQi6kscwzqbtV-wykpvnvGzS1fA44TFLlOE2WwI2-cM8iSLj8HWB9NvsXzD5i2DFSD2oyoLXfIOSBGWAQm42d1IdcvqYo1-zZijijBx3ahLeDpCv9VTu5ykhxN3B-d0k5CaF5KABbXC7OjWFyZ6hF9wg208vtjV0K1B0AAAAAAA

( ill go for touch anguish for budget version, 2 fight for survival 1 rare jewel and only if i found one a blue dream )

Thank you. :-)

Heya, you're welcome to do whatever u like tbh! At work now so can't see ur tree, but I would suggest getting enough HP nodes to hit 5k HP at least. You probably will not want to use the melee damage on full life gem as well because u won't be on full life most of the time during combat vs bosses.

"
Nicol wrote:
I decided to switch to this as a fun boss killer for endgame grind challenges, maybe some chayula runs. I got extremely lucky on my claw roll and hit t1%/t3 flat, the rest of my gear is pretty eh. I had a few questions:
I only have 35% crit before power charges. Without skyforth its pretty cumbersome to maintain them, is it better to just run increased crit in my setup for smoothness?
For certain bosses, hypothermia and pandemonius still work, right? Like breachlords and izaro?
What should my focus be for upgrades? Skyforth?

Here is my gear, need to buy another jewel, maybe I'll try and rely on stun enchant over valyrium if I can get it, or run kiara's.
Spoiler

lastly, any ideas for this?

That's a very nice claw! Although tbh I would prob have preferred to craft %WED instead of flat cold damage on it. Your DPS gear is looking largely fine apart from a helm enchant and that one ring slot which has to be valyrium (still the most reliable option versus bosses imo).

You will still be crit-ing relatively often with a diamond flask up actually. (Effective crit chance will be 58% without power charges). If it's mapping that ur aiming for and if your're relying on chilling, I would actually advise recolouring that blue socket to green and using hypothermia/cold pen instead.

Yes pandemonium should still work on high HP bosses such as Izaro, if he hits u, but I would recommend having a vortex on cwdt to help with chilling him as well. Also, I would probably use cold pen instead of hypothermia on him because the chill duration from pandemonius and vortex may not last long enough for hypothermia to always grant bonus damage (add to the fact that izaro/breach lords have such high HP that I am not 100% confident that the basic attack will be able to chill them.

Make sure you have the DPS flasks first before upgrading ur gear as the flasks provide the largest boosts. After that, skyforth will probably be the next highest impact item because it'll free 1 ring slot, mana reservation nodes as well as grant power charges.

For your dual curse set up you can use ele weakness + frost bite for maximum dps, or u can replace one of the ele curses with assassin's mark for more crit/PC generation.
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info