[2.6] CI FrostBlades Raider/Pathfinder [Permafreeze T15 bosses, 4:17 Shaper Run, 1:49 Chayula timer]

Spoiler
"
Invalesco wrote:
"
Hollycz wrote:

Also Invalesco, what do you think about regretting those 2 HP/ES nodes just below CI and putting those points somewhere else? like higher ES nodes or more utility/dmg nodes. i'm gonna do that but need to see what to do with my points (probably +flask nodes that i miss)
EDIT: also one more suggestion coz im fighting with strenght requirements. if you path UP from vaal pact you will get 10 str, 10 dex instead of 20 dex which makes (to me) life easier. Also if u need +30 there is node up there too thats free for taking but maybe you wont need it anymore with +10 extra (in ur case)
EDIT2: looking at it now after lunch you can easily take coordination and save another point at +8% phys damage you had to take. Think those will make ur build a bit better again :) let me know what u think

"
Invalesco wrote:

Heya!

1. Those 2 HP/ES nodes give a total of 15% ES + 10 str (which with shaper's touch translates to another 2% ES) for a total of 17% ES. For 2 points, I feel that 17% ES is well worth it, especially for the Str which we need.

2. That is very valid alternative Pathing, especially because there's a better node in which to invest that one point you save by dropping the 8% phys dmg node: the 10% phys and chaos node to the right of CI. Good suggestion, will change the trees accordingly, thanks!

1. you're right didnt notice that one gives 6% ES. I thought its more. Anyhow im back to that str. :)

2. wouldn't picking up a node +2% mvt speed and +3% atk speed be worth more then 10% dmg? Then if you find urself with one more point u can get additional 6%. I believe 3% atk speed is more damage and also more utility then 10% dmg. or am i wrong here? And if you want to go for damage node why not take claw damage and charge duration right after Claws of the magpie? thats 12% right there + 15% duration of power charges.
"
Tanakeah wrote:

At this point, most of that stuff is min/maxing and finishing up the passive tree. I did use the Path of Building tool and it appears that at level 95 when all is said and done and I have all of my buffs up, I'll peak out at almost 2,600,000 DPS, which is not too shabby. That's with the Elemental Weakness thing and what I currently have. I think overall that's likely as far as I'll be able to push the build...getting to level 100 would certainly allow me to max it further, but the time investment is just not worth it in my eyes.

That all said, one thing I did notice for this build that I am not sure if anyone touched on that is rather important for it...positioning. With the way Frost Blades works you really DO NOT want to go jumping into a group of mobs and try to go ham on them. Not that you likely couldn't do it, and could very easily survive it, but it's just not worth it. The major issue being that your Frost Blade projectiles will likely get wasted and lose their punch. Even with Multistrike, you'll likely target enemies where there's only a few adjacent enemies the Frost Blades can hit, but most will go flying off into the wild blue yonder and hit nothing.

Instead, you're better off keeping just a little distance and positioning yourself so you're in line with the enemy you want to hit and groups of enemies behind that target, or slightly adjacent to it. That way, all the Frost Blades will have something 'auto-target' and you'll hit way more targets. That might seem like something basic, but you'd be surprised people who might gloss over that.

Looks like that chest is being stubborn with the colours haha

Thanks for your input as always Tanakeah!

Very good point regarding the positioning aspect of Frost Blades.

"
Hollycz wrote:
1. you're right didnt notice that one gives 6% ES. I thought its more. Anyhow im back to that str. :)

2. wouldn't picking up a node +2% mvt speed and +3% atk speed be worth more then 10% dmg? Then if you find urself with one more point u can get additional 6%. I believe 3% atk speed is more damage and also more utility then 10% dmg. or am i wrong here? And if you want to go for damage node why not take claw damage and charge duration right after Claws of the magpie? thats 12% right there + 15% duration of power charges.

Hmmm, I haven't actually given enough thought to where I would like to place that 1 extra point. You're absolutely right on both counts. I do believe the added utility of that 1 point in quickstep would indeed be worth the slightly reduced DPS as compared to the phys dmg nodes available for the taking.

Edit: Guys, before you change your trees, be sure to check with Path of Building if the dex node that you'll be giving up in place for the str node en route to coordination will reduce your %chance to hit, because that will affect your DPS far more than the benefit provided by the extra point.
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
Last edited by Invalesco on Apr 15, 2017, 10:19:47 AM
Game pls, I just want my 4r-1g-1b regalia...
Last edited by Raggon on Apr 15, 2017, 2:03:53 PM
"
Raggon wrote:
Game pls, I just want my 4r-1g-1b regalia...

Haha 6 off-colour regalia! Keep that, It's a nice collector's item. 4R2G is perfectly viable anyway. Your guardians/shaper dps will be lower because Ele Focus > Cold Pen, but you'll have higher mapping DPS (because Hypothermia > Incr. Crit Strikes).
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
so i was playing this on life and all was well, then decided to switch to es and i currently have leeching problems - it feels like im not leeching at all, anybody got any idea?
character is shirotya

e: talking about life, its fine if im using 2 claws
Sometimes making an offer is better than asking for a price.
Last edited by TheShadowX on Apr 15, 2017, 2:51:37 PM
Hi Invalesco:

Can you contrast this build with your crit HoWA build? Perhaps add the comparison to the opening post?

Areas of interest:
1) Boss DPS;
2) Clear speed;
3) How much does the gear cost?

No doubt you've answered this question before... but with so many posts in this thread - tracking down such a (hypothetical) response would be time consuming.

Thanks!
"
TheShadowX wrote:
so i was playing this on life and all was well, then decided to switch to es and i currently have leeching problems - it feels like im not leeching at all, anybody got any idea?
character is shirotya

By chance are you using claws that have the implicit 'Life Gain on Hit' attached to them? If you are, that would explain why your leech feels better on life because you're not only using the leech modifiers from the claw wheel (I am assuming so) but the LGoH as well.
"
Tanakeah wrote:
"
TheShadowX wrote:
character is shirotya

By chance are you using claws that have the implicit 'Life Gain on Hit' attached to them? If you are, that would explain why your leech feels better on life because you're not only using the leech modifiers from the claw wheel (I am assuming so) but the LGoH as well.

using touch of anguish so yeah
Sometimes making an offer is better than asking for a price.
"
Invalesco wrote:
"
JasPes wrote:
Hey Invalesco I am absolutely loving this build. I started out following Mathil's build but I was having issues killing bosses. I switched to your build and it has been smooth sailing. I need a little advice on what to start upgrading gear wise. With my current gear I can kill up to tier 14 bosses but just can't quite get the tier 15 bosses. I have saved up about 5Ex so what do you think would be the best bang for the buck?

Heya!

Ok there are two ways you can go about upgrading your char.

Firstly, when you're having trouble killing the t15 bosses, is it because your DPS is sorely lacking, or is it because your ES is too low (7.3k is probably a little too low to be trying to facetank bosses), resulting in a low stun threshold and therefore resulting in your constantly getting stunned?

If it's the former (DPS), I would suggest looking for a ring and n amulet upgrade with +flat phys. You may also want to invest your next points into getting the jewel sockets close by, as good jewels are the most major source of DPS after claws and jewellery.

If it's the latter (ES), you may want to look into getting a better ES shield or an atziri's splendour.

You can also opt for the in-between by getting an amulet with flat phys, crit multi and %ES, which would improve your DPS and ES.

Now, for your current setup - are you able to chill the t15 bosses reliably? I ask this because if you aren't able to, you will not benefit from the 20% penetration from pandemonius. May I suggest linking vortex to a level 1 cwdt for the reliable chill.

Thank you so much for the info. I ended up getting a 670ES Atziri's Splendour and got lucky and 6 linked it in 70 tries. Next on my list is a better belt and helm with more resists that way I have more options when replacing my jewelry.

"
Hollycz wrote:
now? its a good time to get some steel rings and amulet with +phys dmg.
your belt needs some work too (more resists)
also pick another jewel slots that make a ton of difference (you dont need 4 stat jewels, those are impossible to get now just get a nice 3 stat one with at least 1 crit multi and atk speed (and 3rd should be either more multi, atk speed or damage)
your helmet needs some love too with resists

Also regarding your gems and passives.
First of all go and buy a herald of ASH (yes adds more dps and also much better for mapping, you will see), put it all to your helmet or where you can get your B-B-R-G slots easiest. you actually need to link it with your enlighten support to work with mana reduction
If you want to map fast what works for me is CWDT + increased duration + immortal call + vaal haste (vaal gems are not trigered by cwdt). if you click it as often as you get souls it will speed up ur mapping a lot and also makes bosses easier.

To get another jewel slot i suggest regretting aura effect and Influence (next to CI) and putting that 2 points into a jewel slot on the left next to alchemist. Actually now looking at full screen of your tree so definitely regret those 2 points and put them to Claws of the Magpie

Want to point out that it seems like it has no real difference at first after let's say I bought a jewel and it added me 4k flat dps on FB. what happens then is after you put on flask, power charges etc. that 4K becomes 50k /guessed that one:D/.

Also Invalesco, what do you think about regretting those 2 HP/ES nodes just below CI and putting those points somewhere else? like higher ES nodes or more utility/dmg nodes. i'm gonna do that but need to see what to do with my points (probably +flask nodes that i miss)
EDIT: also one more suggestion coz im fighting with strenght requirements. if you path UP from vaal pact you will get 10 str, 10 dex instead of 20 dex which makes (to me) life easier. Also if u need +30 there is node up there too thats free for taking but maybe you wont need it anymore with +10 extra (in ur case)
EDIT2: looking at it now after lunch you can easily take coordination and save another point at +8% phys damage you had to take. Think those will make ur build a bit better again :) let me know what u think

Thank you Hollycz. I have switch my tree around as you suggested and we will see how that goes.
Any advice on crafting a claw? (all the claws are waaay too expensive, anything with 300+ dps at least)

Any particular Base ilvl 84+ i should get? gemini? terror claw?

Any tips on how to craft it? just alter/aug till i get double t1 physycal% and physical flat? then regal and hope for a crit/IAS rol?

Question: why are you so specific when you say 1.7+ AS 7.8 Crit chance for the claw?

Another question: How much hit chance do you have on your frostblade skill? i think im at 89% is that ok? or should i get accuracy somewhere?
Last edited by EqualsAwesome on Apr 15, 2017, 8:54:45 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info