[2.6] CI FrostBlades Raider/Pathfinder [Permafreeze T15 bosses, 4:17 Shaper Run, 1:49 Chayula timer]

"
thanks for the help, i know i can build this character with lower currency however my killing speed expectations are pretty hight as i would like to see a 15~ sec or so guardians kill but thats probably not possible. Is it possible then to reach speed similar to a decent non crit HoWA? I mean all with my budget.

Well, my character can actually kill mino in 6s. That said, the value of my gear has probably risen sharply though such that it probably will not be within your budget, despite it costing me a fraction of it when I first obtained it.

I think you have to determine what your priority is. Is it fast map clearing that you're after or is it fast guardian/shaper killing?

If it's the former, frost blades is your answer. If its the latter, in the current iteration of the game where poison and HoWA are widely acknowledged to be broken and due for a fix in 3.0, you're probably better off playing either of those. A poison ST/BF variant in particular should be well within your budget for that.

Hope that helps!

"
h4llowerner wrote:

I luv your build and hit a lucky divine today!

Thanks for sharing man!

You're welcome! Gratz on the nice claw!

"
EqualsAwesome wrote:
May i ask whats your opinion on Pathfinder vs Raider?

What did you enjoy the most?

I started playing as pathfinder and today i used a lot of regrets to respec into raider to give it a try...

Im not sure if its just a sensation or pathfinder feels way stronger than raider to me.

I enjoyed Raider the most when it came to mapping.

Raider is actually stronger than Pathfinder. If you're raider, I would advise you to use Rotgut instead of a silver flask. Your map clear speed and running speed will be significantly improved
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
Double post :O
Last edited by Hollycz on Apr 14, 2017, 6:55:18 AM
Guys, awesome build. been running (2 times) UBER and guess what I got?:) also got some upgrades on jewelery. not the GGG ones but i think its already solid. Jewels are next on the list to upgrade. Also bought 1.5 ex claw which I then multicrafted (i think its a solid craft and claw and probably should push me past guardians now.
Here are my items, HO dps 238k, 687k dps with flasks. it is still half of what you guys have i know but i am pretty happy with it now. 8,7k ES is not so great tho but enough to get through maps (need to try t16 now).

so next steps for me:
- get better jewels with 2x crit multi, 1x atk speed and 1x damage (or combination, but 2x multi is a must i guess?)
- get better amu (ideally with WED, flat ES)
- get shapers touch with enchant (running orb of storms with curse on hit + ele weakness 20/20)
- get lvl 21 gems
- possibly find better rings but dont think i will get lucky with
- get normal skyforth and put an enchant into it

What do you think should be a priority? apart from obvious jewels

Spoiler

Also for those wondering how much does the enchant adds to your dmg pool, in my case it's on a screen here https://ctrlv.cz/shots/2017/04/14/JBCR.png
"
Hollycz wrote:
Guys, awesome build. been running (2 times) UBER and guess what I got?:) also got some upgrades on jewelery. not the GGG ones but i think its already solid. Jewels are next on the list to upgrade. Also bought 1.5 ex claw which I then multicrafted (i think its a solid craft and claw and probably should push me past guardians now.
Here are my items, HO dps 238k, 687k dps with flasks. it is still half of what you guys have i know but i am pretty happy with it now. 8,7k ES is not so great tho but enough to get through maps (need to try t16 now).

so next steps for me:
- get better jewels with 2x crit multi, 1x atk speed and 1x damage (or combination, but 2x multi is a must i guess?)
- get shapers touch with enchant (running orb of storms with curse on hit + ele weakness 20/20)
- get lvl 21 gems

Spoiler

Also for those wondering how much does the enchant adds to your dmg pool, in my case it's on a screen here https://ctrlv.cz/shots/2017/04/14/JBCR.png

Don't tell me you got an acuity!

I think your stats are improving very rapidly tbh, you're catching up quickly!

My hideout DPS is 299k, you're not actually that far off.

Ideally, you'd want a jewel with 2 x crit multi and 2 x attack speed. Failing that, you'll want a jewel with 2 x crit multi, 1 x attack speed and 1 x damage mod.

Examples:

Ideally, I would try and get more ES. Your hybrid shield is pretty nice, but I think you should aim for a 500+ ES shield with a decent INT roll to get your ES up to 9k at least. Your DPS is high enough such that with your current level of ES you'll be facing problems with ele reflect pretty soon.

If you get a shaper's touch with ele weakness corrupt right now u'll definitely one shot urself on reflect, so I'd suggest holding off on that until your ES gets higher haha.

Your rings are really nice dps-wise, nicer than mine even. Too bad they dont have an open prefix available. :(
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
Spoiler
"
Invalesco wrote:
"
Hollycz wrote:

so next steps for me:
- get lvl 21 gems

Spoiler

Don't tell me you got an acuity!

I think your stats are improving very rapidly tbh, you're catching up quickly!

My hideout DPS is 299k, you're not actually that far off.

Ideally, you'd want a jewel with 2 x crit multi and 2 x attack speed. Failing that, you'll want a jewel with 2 x crit multi, 1 x attack speed and 1 x damage mod.

Examples:

Ideally, I would try and get more ES. Your hybrid shield is pretty nice, but I think you should aim for a 500+ ES shield with a decent INT roll to get your ES up to 9k at least. Your DPS is high enough such that with your current level of ES you'll be facing problems with ele reflect pretty soon.

If you get a shaper's touch with ele weakness corrupt right now u'll definitely one shot urself on reflect, so I'd suggest holding off on that until your ES gets higher haha.

Your rings are really nice dps-wise, nicer than mine even. Too bad they dont have an open prefix available. :(

now im gonna spam and cry a lot!

well i was talking about UBER LAB :P i killed myself in normal atziri :D dont think i can try uber yet, need to see how to position myself best not to one shot myself on reflect. probably need to get rid of multistrike but i wonder what RED gem would be the best instead, if it was green i'd go more atk speed but for red one i have absolutely no idea :(

also got a free suffix on a ring but i need resists which sucks (otherwise i'd get +crit chance), tough to get good ones if you have only 1 cold res on helmet and that shield is actually making this possible (im capped with 81% atm). i will look for 500+ with int and resists but i doubt i will get a nice 3 res shield (atm there are some 3 res for about 5-10ex but no int). But you are absolutely right, i need to get higher ES as im already one-shotting myself on higher life reflect mobs. i still need a better AMU so maybe i can get some resists on those and then get myself a better shield.

Which has another issue - there are no good amulets out there. i need flat ES, ES %, phys. dmg and crit multi. all of them are worse then what I have yet costs 3ex+. Also need some strenght on those to free up a skill point from +30 str and re-spect to that 10% ele reflect reduction which i must do asap (atm waiting to finally get lvl 3 enlighten to free 1 point from 4% reduction, im glad i have that 3% on helmet so i can afford that). guess i will sack that flat ES on amu :(

same with Jewels. there are just simply no jewels on poe.trade and if there are, they are overpriced (10ex etm). Lucky i sniped one for 1 ex today with 30multi, 13 chance and 16 cold dmg. im sniping those with multi and atk speed atm but simply there are NONE.

so basically yeah, with more power comes more danger from reflect.

Uh. now im gonna watch some shit and come back tomorrow to start looking for items again :D

thanks for the help Invalesco! last question for you tho. is this enough to kill guardians / shaper yet?
Last edited by Hollycz on Apr 14, 2017, 1:39:30 PM
You haven't listed movementspeed as a REQ for boots in gearing. Most of us can't afford skyforth but I assume you want movementspeed on boots, right not just tri ress and high es?
"
Pjey wrote:
You haven't listed movementspeed as a REQ for boots in gearing. Most of us can't afford skyforth but I assume you want movementspeed on boots, right not just tri ress and high es?

Well movement speed is kinda a must for all builds, makes mapping faster and you're able to dodge more stuff. Although it took me a day or two to get used to it after playing always with quicksilver flask but we move aroudn with shield charge not with walking. then again if you plan to farm coridors (like crematorium etc.) then you get at least 25% mvt speed (not that hard to get).

Skyforth are very good boots but you must consider that they dont give too much ES and have 0 resists thus buying skyforth is one thing but then supplying it with other items is whole another thing. You do not have an option to supply it with gloves either. so you need it on helmet, shield, belt and amu+rings and that is some expensive stuff if you need good stats and also 2-3 resists.
Having trouble finding a good pair of es boots that got movespeed and high es and resses
"
Pjey wrote:
Having trouble finding a good pair of es boots that got movespeed and high es and resses

Just lookin at nice 193 es boots with 25% mvt speed and 34% all res.
Also if you dont have skyforth then you do not need to consider all the things I have to. just get all the gear you need and finish with some 25%+ mvt speed 2 res boots so you are maxed out. that should be no problem and it should be cheap too
So been playing this build quite a bit and been having a chat with Invalesco at times about pushing the build to it's limits without having skyforth and general map clearing and how to sustain power charges, when it dawned on me there's a jewel out there that can do this for us, and that is The Blue Dream, currently it's 2ex on LHC and around 1ex on LSC. We can slot this in just to the right hand side of the shadow tree directly across from Nullification, and this gives us 8% chance to gain a power charge on kill, which is more than enough to sustain our charges for general map clear, and we can still use PCoC/Orb of Storms for bosses.

So if you want to have power charges and more consistent crits on general mapping pick up a

Here is a picture of where we put the blue dream
Spoiler

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info