[3.11] Shaper = Stunned, Tidebreaker Heavy Strike Stunner Build

"
MagnusParvus wrote:
Yeah, I grabbed stun mastery. This is my current passive tree.

https://poeplanner.com/AAkAAPsACSEDAHoB5wSzBS0HdQmWC2ES4RQgFE0YkRnpGuQb-iFVIWAl3ycgLIUs-zWSOQ46Ujs7PC09_ECgQT9Bh0SeRrdHfk3jUEdR5lO7Vw1YY1oaXhNfP2CRYMRhUmVNZ5toZWjyaqV2rHdTeu97jHzZggeDX4PMhNmE74VShmCHaoiPiiKQbJLQlIeXeZgKnsWezaIAouqkGaZXpzCpJ6mUrY2uPq9stqS3PryfvTa-p8BmwKbEWMauxtjPftIh02_Yvdlh3D3elt-y5FHkreoY6wnvDu9O8B_yQfOb9kj3Mvno_Ev9MP4K_o8hkCQ3X9Cnbb8I4NjqEPhfAAAAAAA=

Should be solid overall, but I do want to make some suggestions.

1. Here is one change you should consider making:

-"Martial Experience" is overall a very bad wheel; it's 4 passive points for 50% inc dmg, 4% atk speed and 10% stun duration. "Blunt Instrument" is 3 passive points for 40% inc dmg, 3% atk speed and 40% armour. I would say "Blunt Instrument" offers more than "Martial Experience", while also cost 1 less point.

2. And here are some questionable choices you might want to think twice about:

-"Soul of Steel" and "Shaper" Notables are not worth it in my opinion. It's very hard to quantify the effect, but I do feel they are not very good choices. Also, I think it's better to go from "Golem's Blood" to "Destroyer" instead of passing through "Vigour".
"
brightwaha wrote:
"
MagnusParvus wrote:
Yeah, I grabbed stun mastery. This is my current passive tree.

https://poeplanner.com/AAkAAPsACSEDAHoB5wSzBS0HdQmWC2ES4RQgFE0YkRnpGuQb-iFVIWAl3ycgLIUs-zWSOQ46Ujs7PC09_ECgQT9Bh0SeRrdHfk3jUEdR5lO7Vw1YY1oaXhNfP2CRYMRhUmVNZ5toZWjyaqV2rHdTeu97jHzZggeDX4PMhNmE74VShmCHaoiPiiKQbJLQlIeXeZgKnsWezaIAouqkGaZXpzCpJ6mUrY2uPq9stqS3PryfvTa-p8BmwKbEWMauxtjPftIh02_Yvdlh3D3elt-y5FHkreoY6wnvDu9O8B_yQfOb9kj3Mvno_Ev9MP4K_o8hkCQ3X9Cnbb8I4NjqEPhfAAAAAAA=

Should be solid overall, but I do want to make some suggestions.

1. Here is one change you should consider making:

-"Martial Experience" is overall a very bad wheel; it's 4 passive points for 50% inc dmg, 4% atk speed and 10% stun duration. "Blunt Instrument" is 3 passive points for 40% inc dmg, 3% atk speed and 40% armour. I would say "Blunt Instrument" offers more than "Martial Experience", while also cost 1 less point.

2. And here are some questionable choices you might want to think twice about:

-"Soul of Steel" and "Shaper" Notables are not worth it in my opinion. It's very hard to quantify the effect, but I do feel they are not very good choices. Also, I think it's better to go from "Golem's Blood" to "Destroyer" instead of passing through "Vigour".

All pretty good points. I went into Martial Experience before I had gone up to Sanctity and Retribution (those were my most recent passives) so it wasn't just a matter of dropping into the Blunt Instrument branch. Now, I would probably reallocate them as you had suggested, just haven't gone through and optimized that area yet.

Shaper is something I have been planning to spec out of. I took it early on when I still had some mana issues.

I routed through Vigour instead of Golem's Blood on purpose. It's basically a tradeoff between whether you think +10 str or 18% endurance charge duration is more useful (and also if you actually value that extra endurance charge). I may switch it in the future. The 5% life after Golem's Blood doesn't really matter because there are other places you can also pick up the same 5% for the same effective points cost.

Soul of steel is debatable. One of the biggest challenges with this build is getting hit with one-shot phys reflects so that was why I initially took it. If I get to the point where I am consistently running maps with cannot take reflected damage rolled on sextants then I will definitely reallocate those passive points.
Last edited by MagnusParvus on Aug 29, 2017, 1:54:14 AM
well tested abyss t15 golden map and was able to permastun the boss without problems
i am lvl 85 currently. you can see my gear and the skill tree.
"
gangwars90 wrote:
well tested abyss t15 golden map and was able to permastun the boss without problems
i am lvl 85 currently. you can see my gear and the skill tree.

Glad you are doing very well. I see that you are also using Enlighten with the two auras, I would say some other choices are very good as well.

One very good option is to have another support gem with Warchief totem; Blind Support, Chance to Bleed, Faster Attacks, Melee Physical Damage, etc.

Also you can have another gem with CWDT; Increased Duration, Molten Shell, Flame Golem, Arctic Breath, etc.

Or you can put a vaal gem like Vaal Haste or Vaal Lightning Trap.

Each of those choices are better or worse in different scenarios. I am also going to swap out Enlighten and try different gems.
"
brightwaha wrote:
"
bbqegg wrote:
Want to thank OP for this build, being able to stun-lock stuff is truly satisfying.

- best stun so far is T15 overgrown ruin, rare corrupted map
- also able to stun 3-player uber izaro

Current gear/setup for mapping (no elemental damage, haste, immortal call, warlord's):
Spoiler

Nice Brutality variation, nice to hear that you are enjoying this build. Your Blasphemy setup does bring up a problem I have been bothered with: against anything up to t15, we stun them regardless; against Guardians or maybe Shaper, the curse just becomes way too ineffective. I am not too sure but I feel it might be better to go for grace and Iron Reflexes for your Brutality variation.

------

Thanks for the feedback! i'll eventually wanna buy a kaom's heart and go for stun mastery before i hit iron reflexes - level 90 and gonna be a long way before i grab those extra passives :(. i've switched from warlord's to punishment for now due to sockets and seems to work better ^ ^. I was thinking of enfeeble + blasphemy, but will need some chromes to test it out later ^ ^.
Last edited by bbqegg on Sep 1, 2017, 12:03:45 AM
"
brightwaha wrote:

I would say a 6th link offers a lot. Usually you get Bloodlust or Damage on Full Life there, which means 50% MORE damage. Rigwald is definitely a nightmare, suddenly not being able to stun bosses always reminds me this game requires skills(active dodging). Stun Mastery is not necessary if you are not planning on challenging Guardians; but if you are, make sure you pick them up.

As for gear upgrades, I personally don't like Perseverance and Carnage Heart as good late game options. I think it's better to pick up rare amulets and belts for max life and more resists and 15% reduced enemy stun threshold on the belt. While you get more resists from those places you can upgrade your rings and jewels also; 6% or 7% max life on jewel are just too good to not have.It might also be a good idea to pick up a belt with +1 endurance charge corruption, but that's going to be very expensive.

Thanks for the tips!
Level 92 now; all Guardians down (though had some issues with double extra-life or Temp Chains-corrupted T16s) & pretty happy with my gear - managed to Ancient Orb my way into Taste of Hate; have the 6-link, and should have swapped out Flame Golem for Blood Rage ages ago. 7.6k life with upgraded jewels/jewellery. Currently swapping between Ruthless/Stun/Bloodlust supports for bosses and Multistrike/Added Fire/Elemental Damage with Attacks for mapping. Finally got the knack of knowing when I could and couldn't stun T15 Rigwald from his wolf barrage so have all the "complete these encounters" challenge ticked off :) If only I could find an Echoing Shrine, eh ...

Spoiler

Keen to hear how your Shaper encounter went!
"
bbqegg wrote:
Thanks for the feedback! i'll eventually wanna buy a kaom's heart and go for stun mastery before i hit iron reflexes - level 90 and gonna be a long way before i grab those extra passives :(. i've switched from warlord's to punishment for now due to sockets and seems to work better ^ ^. I was thinking of enfeeble + blasphemy, but will need some chromes to test it out later ^ ^.

Just a reminder that Punishment only works when they melee hit you, therefore it sometimes just doesn't work against ranged mobs. You can also think about using Vulnerability, which offers less damage but is more consistent.
"
Haasts wrote:
Thanks for the tips!
Level 92 now; all Guardians down (though had some issues with double extra-life or Temp Chains-corrupted T16s) & pretty happy with my gear - managed to Ancient Orb my way into Taste of Hate; have the 6-link, and should have swapped out Flame Golem for Blood Rage ages ago. 7.6k life with upgraded jewels/jewellery. Currently swapping between Ruthless/Stun/Bloodlust supports for bosses and Multistrike/Added Fire/Elemental Damage with Attacks for mapping. Finally got the knack of knowing when I could and couldn't stun T15 Rigwald from his wolf barrage so have all the "complete these encounters" challenge ticked off :) If only I could find an Echoing Shrine, eh ...

Spoiler

Keen to hear how your Shaper encounter went!

Congrats on the Taste of Hate, and, damn nice jewels :D. Maybe you don't need to swap Elemental Damage with Attacks and Ruthless, I think they provide similar dps boosts, maybe.

I believe your character can now easily kill Shaper, go for it. You may not have a good time stunning Shaper as I did on my Berserker character, but killing Shaper is definitely easier as Slayer. The third phase would be incredibly short due to the 20% culling Slayer offers.

(Would be awesome if you could record you Shaper fight and let me show your video on this thread. I cannot really record videos myself due to frame loss.)
hey, just did 2 guardians with a guildie... and wala, just happened he is a bleed-gladiator and bloodlust for life!!! yup we managed to stun-lock the chimera, but had a bumpy time with unwavering minotaur...

haha, any tips for minotaur with our build? just avoid the stones and lightning?

i'm also glad to report that it is all-possible to splash-stun-lock a twinned abyss-kaom map - so much goodness in this.

now that i've got kaom's heart, i finally realize why we use added-fire, ash and hatred :)
had some luck with 'pride before the fall':
Spoiler
Last edited by bbqegg on Sep 3, 2017, 3:11:30 PM
"
bbqegg wrote:
hey, just did 2 guardians with a guildie... and wala, just happened he is a bleed-gladiator and bloodlust for life!!! yup we managed to stun-lock the chimera, but had a bumpy time with unwavering minotaur...

haha, any tips for minotaur with our build? just avoid the stones and lightning?

i'm also glad to report that it is all-possible to splash-stun-lock a twinned abyss-kaom map - so much goodness in this.

now that i've got kaom's heart, i finally realize why we use added-fire, ash and hatred :)
had some luck with 'pride before the fall':
Spoiler

I usually have Lion's Roar, Taste of Hate and a basalt flask with me. What happened when I fought Minotaur was that as long as I pop any one or two flasks, I could facetank him inside the stone circle. Keep an eye on your Fortify buff and be clever with flasks, you should have very easy time killing this boss.

As for Kaom's Heart, the increased fire damage is not as significant as you might think, it gives around 1% to 2% damage boost only. But the 500 life would definitely make some huge differences.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info