[3.11] Shaper = Stunned, Tidebreaker Heavy Strike Stunner Build

"
brightwaha wrote:
"
aaronsan wrote:
"
2. 50% increased damage at 5 endurance charges (from Tidebreaker), and 20% MORE damage and 20% attack speed at 5 frenzy charges.

I have a stupid question...where do you get the extra frenzy and endurance charges from? I looked at your skill trees and I don't see you taking any. I was actually surprised, I thought taking all 3 endurance charge paths would be highly valuable to this build.

Got a 4L tidebreaker with nearly the highest DPS on poe.trade last night mapping with my summoner, which led me here XD

Level 46, work is killing me, can't wait to keep leveling!

Congrats on the Tidebreaker drop. For the charges, I believe you quoted one of my replies during 2.6, when the build was slightly different from what it is right now. Currently, if you do not plan on getting corrupted boots/belts, this build will only have the default 3 endurance and 3 frenzy charges.

As for the endurance charge nodes, it's not worth it. 3 more endurance charges only give 30% increased damage in the offence department, which is negligible(30% inc dmg is equivalent to about 1.5 passive points). Talking about defense, besides the small amount of life regen, it only gives physical mitigation either by itself or by having longer Immortal Call.

Generally, we only really need physical mitigation when fighting bosses; when we stun them, they can't hit us, so we don't take damage whatsoever; when we cannot stun them(stun immune bosses, for example), we cannot generate endurance charges(because we get charges from Endurance Charge on Melee Stun Support), so it doesn't have any impact. I very rarely find myself in a situation when I wanted more endurance charges.

Thanks for the quick response! And what about Frenzy charges? Also not worth the extra 2/duration etc?
For anybody interested, I am also playing a tidebreaker stun lock build, although using a berserker and sunder. Sunder with it's AOE allows you to lock multiple bosses at once and still has enough damage in my build to lock any boss up through T15 without needing flasks. Haven't tried guardians yet, but if they are any trouble I can switch my current helm (sunder attack speed enchant rare), boots (death's door), and belt (perseverance) to a sunder damage enchant abyssus, red blade tramplers and rare belt with 15% reduced stun threshold, and that may be enough extra. As it is, I am running my current gear set because it is better for mapping when you don't need to maximize single hit damage. Also, I think it shows that tidebreaker stun lock is viable in many forms and even without perfect gear combination.

My gem setup is 6L tidebreaker with sunder, concentrated effect, melee physical damage, ruthless, brutality, stun support.
Last edited by MagnusParvus on Aug 28, 2017, 5:51:35 PM
why dont you show us your charakter then? why hide the profile.. i mean people in that thread want to see informations
"
aaronsan wrote:
"
brightwaha wrote:
Congrats on the Tidebreaker drop. For the charges, I believe you quoted one of my replies during 2.6, when the build was slightly different from what it is right now. Currently, if you do not plan on getting corrupted boots/belts, this build will only have the default 3 endurance and 3 frenzy charges.

As for the endurance charge nodes, it's not worth it. 3 more endurance charges only give 30% increased damage in the offence department, which is negligible(30% inc dmg is equivalent to about 1.5 passive points). Talking about defense, besides the small amount of life regen, it only gives physical mitigation either by itself or by having longer Immortal Call.

Generally, we only really need physical mitigation when fighting bosses; when we stun them, they can't hit us, so we don't take damage whatsoever; when we cannot stun them(stun immune bosses, for example), we cannot generate endurance charges(because we get charges from Endurance Charge on Melee Stun Support), so it doesn't have any impact. I very rarely find myself in a situation when I wanted more endurance charges.

Thanks for the quick response! And what about Frenzy charges? Also not worth the extra 2/duration etc?

As we can no longer get charges from bandit quests, besides boots corruption there is only one place to get frenzy charge and it takes 3 passive points. 4% MORE damage and 4% increased attack speed alone is equivalent to about 2-2.5 passive points. So it's not really worth it unless you are close to Lvl 100 and still want more damage from the tree.
"
brightwaha wrote:
"
aaronsan wrote:
"
brightwaha wrote:

As we can no longer get charges from bandit quests, besides boots corruption there is only one place to get frenzy charge and it takes 3 passive points. 4% MORE damage and 4% increased attack speed alone is equivalent to about 2-2.5 passive points. So it's not really worth it unless you are close to Lvl 100 and still want more damage from the tree.

Level 93 and I opted to go for the frenzy node. There are not many other options at that point to get a similar gain in per hit damage. I also take cloth and chain next to it for the added defense and elemental resist.
"
MagnusParvus wrote:
"
brightwaha wrote:

Level 93 and I opted to go for the frenzy node. There are not many other options at that point to get a similar gain in per hit damage. I also take cloth and chain next to it for the added defense and elemental resist.

Those are definitely not bad choices. Also if you didn't pick the Stun Mastery Notable you might want to consider this one as it offers more to our stun capability.
"
brightwaha wrote:
"
MagnusParvus wrote:
"
brightwaha wrote:

Those are definitely not bad choices. Also if you didn't pick the Stun Mastery Notable you might want to consider this one as it offers more to our stun capability.

Nice, thanks again, I'll keep those as later options.

Last question, I think. Do the templar AOE nodes not work since heavy strike is technically not AOE, or did you not choose them (20% damage one, esp!) for some other reason?
"
bbqegg wrote:
Want to thank OP for this build, being able to stun-lock stuff is truly satisfying.

- best stun so far is T15 overgrown ruin, rare corrupted map
- also able to stun 3-player uber izaro

Current gear/setup for mapping (no elemental damage, haste, immortal call, warlord's):
Spoiler

Nice Brutality variation, nice to hear that you are enjoying this build. Your Blasphemy setup does bring up a problem I have been bothered with: against anything up to t15, we stun them regardless; against Guardians or maybe Shaper, the curse just becomes way too ineffective. I am not too sure but I feel it might be better to go for grace and Iron Reflexes for your Brutality variation.
"
aaronsan wrote:
Last question, I think. Do the templar AOE nodes not work since heavy strike is technically not AOE, or did you not choose them (20% damage one, esp!) for some other reason?

The AOE nodes increase the splash damage only, not damage against the primary target of Heavy Strike. The AOE radius is in my opinion not significant enough for us to invest 2 points into. So unless you really want to speed up your farming, I would not really consider these nodes.
"
brightwaha wrote:
"
MagnusParvus wrote:
"
brightwaha wrote:

Yeah, I grabbed stun mastery. This is my current passive tree.

https://poeplanner.com/AAkAAPsACSEDAHoB5wSzBS0HdQmWC2ES4RQgFE0YkRnpGuQb-iFVIWAl3ycgLIUs-zWSOQ46Ujs7PC09_ECgQT9Bh0SeRrdHfk3jUEdR5lO7Vw1YY1oaXhNfP2CRYMRhUmVNZ5toZWjyaqV2rHdTeu97jHzZggeDX4PMhNmE74VShmCHaoiPiiKQbJLQlIeXeZgKnsWezaIAouqkGaZXpzCpJ6mUrY2uPq9stqS3PryfvTa-p8BmwKbEWMauxtjPftIh02_Yvdlh3D3elt-y5FHkreoY6wnvDu9O8B_yQfOb9kj3Mvno_Ev9MP4K_o8hkCQ3X9Cnbb8I4NjqEPhfAAAAAAA=
Last edited by MagnusParvus on Aug 28, 2017, 10:59:20 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info