tidebreaker dmg increase, making stun thresholds easier to hit

looks like alot of fun for us!
"
frawrst wrote:
looks like pure buffs for this build

new banners may be solid, dependong on phys numbers

tidebreaker dmg increase, making stun thresholds easier to hit

looks like alot of fun for us!

Yep. I am quite surprised to see Tidebreaker getting a buff but I guess this is reality.

So I guess it’s another league where I don’t have to change this build; besides updating my dps numbers.
Welp, next league start is this for me. Altho Sunder vs Consecrated Path is gonna be a fun debate for me. If possible tho, i would go pure phys so sunder most likely
"
BeoWulf981 wrote:
Welp, next league start is this for me. Altho Sunder vs Consecrated Path is gonna be a fun debate for me. If possible tho, i would go pure phys so sunder most likely

Personally I am still leaning (just a little bit) towards mixed damage version. Herald of Ash, flasks, Consecrated Path are just too good.

But I do agree that pure phys looks very promising right now; it also works pretty well on a smaller budget.
Thnx for this build. Using it for leaguestarter 3.5 and very much looking forward to it!

Question about Slayer Ascendancy nodes. How viable is it to ignore the leach nodes and choose the others for their obvious benefits?

I understand the leach not being removed is a big plus, but I would like to try both Impact and Overwhelm to maximise heavy strike stun usage for kind of everything in the game. As stated, Headsman is almost too good to pass out and synergises very well with both Impact and Overwhelm.

According to the guide, the order then seems to be Headsman->Impact->Overwhelm->Bane of Legends.

Will it be enough to take an extra leach node in the passive tree and maybe some more defence stats in gear here and there to have high enough sustain? Or is Brutal Fervour just too good and should I just abandon the tought of going for Overwhelm?

Sorry if this has already been answered.
Thnx for your repley. Really appreciated!
"
Reallabel wrote:
Thnx for this build. Using it for leaguestarter 3.5 and very much looking forward to it!

Question about Slayer Ascendancy nodes. How viable is it to ignore the leach nodes and choose the others for their obvious benefits?

I understand the leach not being removed is a big plus, but I would like to try both Impact and Overwhelm to maximise heavy strike stun usage for kind of everything in the game. As stated, Headsman is almost too good to pass out and synergises very well with both Impact and Overwhelm.

According to the guide, the order then seems to be Headsman->Impact->Overwhelm->Bane of Legends.

Will it be enough to take an extra leach node in the passive tree and maybe some more defence stats in gear here and there to have high enough sustain? Or is Brutal Fervour just too good and should I just abandon the tought of going for Overwhelm?

Sorry if this has already been answered.
Thnx for your repley. Really appreciated!

I suggest that you pick Brutal Fervour and see the difference in leech, and then decide. Generally it’s a better choice than the other 3 choices.

Overwhelm is only good when you want to ensure stun-locking on certain bosses (you are not going to have problem stunning normal map bosses anyway); Bane of Legends is handy but certainly not a must-pick (we already have 10% culling); Impact is not a must-pick either if you plan to swap between weapons or use Tabula during early league.

So the opportunity cost - not having 2 of the 3 choices above - isn’t big at all.

The effect of Brutal Fervour cannot be compensated by taking extra leech nodes. I have a section in the guide explaining so. In fact, without Brtual Fervour, most leech nodes are not going to be useful at all.

Later on into the league when you are well-geared or maybe when don’t care about defense anymore, you can certainly spec out of Brutal Fervour and choose from the other 3 options.
Last edited by brightwaha on Dec 7, 2018, 12:30:38 PM
Thank you for the repley and your time.
I will follow your lead and stay with the guide :)
I am looking for a hardcore duelist starter build for beginner that is relatively cheap to gear?
"
xZANZIBARx wrote:
I am looking for a hardcore duelist starter build for beginner that is relatively cheap to gear?

This build can certainly work in hardcore. However, to be very honest, gearing up for hardcore isn't very cheap. From the past leagues when I tried hardcore, Tidebreaker was quite expensive, and Kaom's Heart as well.

So although this build is completely viable in hardcore, if you're looking for something cheap to gear, maybe you should reconsider your decision or at least make some changes to this existing build.
"
brightwaha wrote:
"
xZANZIBARx wrote:

This build can certainly work in hardcore. However, to be very honest, gearing up for hardcore isn't very cheap. From the past leagues when I tried hardcore, Tidebreaker was quite expensive, and Kaom's Heart as well.

So although this build is completely viable in hardcore, if you're looking for something cheap to gear, maybe you should reconsider your decision or at least make some changes to this existing build.

What changes would you recommend? To alter it to hardcore? Like changes in Passives or mostly equipment?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info