[3.11] Shaper = Stunned, Tidebreaker Heavy Strike Stunner Build

Thoughts about Delve league? Slayer with culling looks the obvious choice, but you loose bloodlust for melee splash support. I'm also curious about RT builds when you progress further. This char looks good for pushing because of stun mechanic against harder mobs. I'm very interested in making him as league starter.
"
calavera_ wrote:
Thoughts about Delve league? Slayer with culling looks the obvious choice, but you loose bloodlust for melee splash support. I'm also curious about RT builds when you progress further. This char looks good for pushing because of stun mechanic against harder mobs. I'm very interested in making him as league starter.

I feel it's still too early to say if this build fits the Delve league mechanics. It really depends heavily on how GGG tunes the infinite dungeons.

I am still waiting for more info to be released. Once there are enough info I will update the thread and add a section talking about the incoming changes. I personally didn't like patch 3.3 changes at all, hopefully this new league and new patch won't disappoint me.
I might do this build again, this time 100% phys with Herald of Purity + Arctic Armour. Also prob will be picking Slayer
"
Haadd wrote:
I might do this build again, this time 100% phys with Herald of Purity + Arctic Armour. Also prob will be picking Slayer

I also expect the pure phys version to perform quite well this patch. I believe the Heavy Strike range increase makes it a better skill at AoE clearing, although not having Herald of Ash as pure phys hurts a bit. (You can still use Herald of Ash, it will not add any damage to attacks but the burn effect will still work.)

But before you can afford curse corruptions, Blasphemy Vulnerability offers a lot to clear speed. Haste is also a huge boost to mobility. I suggest consider picking 1 from Blasphemy and Haste.
can the SHAPER be stunned now
"
can the SHAPER be stunned now

Certainly yes. As the power creep goes on the build is also stronger each patch. It’s now easier to stun Shaper than ever.
If you remember me ;).

Comming back after some month.
Tried ground slam version and i find it way better. Mapping is now a pleasure :).

With 10 ex, lvl 90, i managed to perma stun shapper :) (without stun support and with multistrike btw).

have fun !

Last edited by lokiwider2 on Nov 19, 2018, 4:32:33 PM
"
lokiwider2 wrote:
If you remember me ;).

Comming back after some month.
Tried ground slam version and i find it way better. Mapping is now a pleasure :).

With 10 ex, lvl 90, i managed to perma stun shapper :) (without stun support and with multistrike btw).

have fun !

I am a bit surprised to hear that. Ground Slam is a very good choice for AoE, but in Shaper fight Heavy Strike should be objectively better. Also Multistrike makes chain stunning less probable as you have lower damage per hit and that the Ruthless strike will trigger at your 7th, 8th and 9th hits for every 9 hits. Did you work on a crit version as you did earlier?

Anyway, it worked and that’s the good news. As the power creep goes on there are increasingly more choices when it comes to stun Shaper and other endgame bosses.
"
I am a bit surprised to hear that. Ground Slam is a very good choice for AoE, but in Shaper fight Heavy Strike should be objectively better. Also Multistrike makes chain stunning less probable as you have lower damage per hit and that the Ruthless strike will trigger at your 7th, 8th and 9th hits for every 9 hits. Did you work on a crit version as you did earlier?

Anyway, it worked and that’s the good news. As the power creep goes on there are increasingly more choices when it comes to stun Shaper and other endgame bosses.

Ground slam get a huge up with 50% more dmg to closer target. Conc effect is 54% more.
I'm using 2 essence of hysteria steel ring (10% added as fire) and 20% added cold shaped amulet.
I still think Doryani's invitation is a best in slot.
On shaper, devoto's, tombfist, bloodlust and conc are up.
vaal warchief has a good upgrade (last played league was 3.0).

I needed this, totem up and at least 2 flask up to lock shaper.
I think ruthless triger every attack (ruthless : every third attack, multistrike : skill is repeated 2 times).

Tooltip goes up to 435k + 50%more (ground slam) + 10% more (tombfist) + 59%more (bloodlust)+38%more (ruthless not on tooltip) so 1M5 dps with all buffs (without taste of hate actually, i'm still on ~10ex, a bit more cuz i get good fusing on 6L)

I did tried crit on 3.0, but tree and gear were a pain in the ass, didn't manage enought crit and accuracy to up damage.
I switched to staff to get enough crit. my damage went up, i lost a shit ton of stun threshold reduction, and hard had times to stun t15...
Finally, i just give up on crit stun.

You can check my char i think, and i would be please to show it in game if you have some time :).

Have fun !

"
lokiwider2 wrote:
Ground slam get a huge up with 50% more dmg to closer target. Conc effect is 54% more.
I'm using 2 essence of hysteria steel ring (10% added as fire) and 20% added cold shaped amulet.
I still think Doryani's invitation is a best in slot.
On shaper, devoto's, tombfist, bloodlust and conc are up.
vaal warchief has a good upgrade (last played league was 3.0).

I needed this, totem up and at least 2 flask up to lock shaper.
I think ruthless triger every attack (ruthless : every third attack, multistrike : skill is repeated 2 times).

Tooltip goes up to 435k + 50%more (ground slam) + 10% more (tombfist) + 59%more (bloodlust)+38%more (ruthless not on tooltip) so 1M5 dps with all buffs (without taste of hate actually, i'm still on ~10ex, a bit more cuz i get good fusing on 6L)

I did tried crit on 3.0, but tree and gear were a pain in the ass, didn't manage enought crit and accuracy to up damage.
I switched to staff to get enough crit. my damage went up, i lost a shit ton of stun threshold reduction, and hard had times to stun t15...
Finally, i just give up on crit stun.

You can check my char i think, and i would be please to show it in game if you have some time :).

Have fun !

Ground Slam with Concentrated Effect and 50% bonus at close range deals 282.2% base damage; Heavy Strike with Maim Support deals 252.2% base damage, with 52% chance of double damage. So 52% of the times Heavy Strike deals 79% more damage than Geound Slam, and 48% of the times Ground Slam deals 12% more damage. Of course to have the 52% double damage for Heavy Strike 2 jewel sockets and 1 helm enchant is needed, but it’s damage and stun capability definitely exceeds that of Ground Slam.

I agree that Doryani is BiS for Shaper fight. I used to recommend rare belts because if Sunder is used as AoE I need consistent r.E.S.T. while mapping to make sure everything is stunned. (Also because rare belts offer a ton a life.)

Multistrike should only trigger every 7,8,9th attacks. I didn’t find any reliable source but all posts I saw agrees on this. From my own experience and other people’s replies and results from my simulation code, I believe it’s not ideal for stun-locking business. But as I said earlier, now we are exceeding what’s needed to stun Shaper, so maybe we can afford using Multistrike to gain more dps.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info