[3.11] Shaper = Stunned, Tidebreaker Heavy Strike Stunner Build

Hey bro, I feel that I am nowhere near close to even compare to your damage currently, and i find it hard to find any form of upgrades anywhere.
I realize that I can minmax for small upgrades, but none of that is beyond my pricerange atm, like adding the x-x flat phys on ring/any but even with those, it wouldnt close the gap.

Any chance that you can take a quick peek and maybe give me a few pointers?
I am planning on getting 2 new jewels with 7atk speed and 10-16%dmg, but with those it still feels so far away.
Hey all,

I would like to ask if if Starkonja's Head or abyssus helm is a good/worst alternative of the devoto

Well Starkonja's Head has 99 life and 10 % ias so we get 6 % less but we also dont loose 10% physical damage and the dex providance is the same
So we loose 20% movement which is ok as we use leap slap and we give chaos res for 99+ life i think it might even be better!

On the other hand since we do stun lock almost everyhing wouldnt abysus give a huge boost to the dps and more stun lock capability to stun even more due to the damagE?

I am playing the berserker version atm.

Would love and be thankful if OP give me some analysis on why devoto is better than those 2 options or BiS in general.
"
Adstringo wrote:
Hey bro, I feel that I am nowhere near close to even compare to your damage currently, and i find it hard to find any form of upgrades anywhere.
I realize that I can minmax for small upgrades, but none of that is beyond my pricerange atm, like adding the x-x flat phys on ring/any but even with those, it wouldnt close the gap.

Any chance that you can take a quick peek and maybe give me a few pointers?
I am planning on getting 2 new jewels with 7atk speed and 10-16%dmg, but with those it still feels so far away.

To be honest the cheapest upgrade would be a helm enchant, and the most effective upgrade would be a 6-link. Besides that, jewels are the best source of damage and you might wish to invest into that.

I would recommend you trying to get a 6-link first, it's 50% more damage if you link Damage on Full Life Support, which is very huge. You can take a look at the Luxurious Upgrades sub-section in the Gearing Guide section, which gives clear insight on how much DPS different upgrades can provide.
"
Cloud_69 wrote:
Hey all,

I would like to ask if if Starkonja's Head or abyssus helm is a good/worst alternative of the devoto

Well Starkonja's Head has 99 life and 10 % ias so we get 6 % less but we also dont loose 10% physical damage and the dex providance is the same
So we loose 20% movement which is ok as we use leap slap and we give chaos res for 99+ life i think it might even be better!

On the other hand since we do stun lock almost everyhing wouldnt abysus give a huge boost to the dps and more stun lock capability to stun even more due to the damagE?

Would love and be thankful if OP give me some analysis on why devoto is better than those 2 options or BiS in general.

It's a tough question and my opinion is that Devoto is better than any of those two.

Abyssus seems to be an obvious "no" for this build. 40-60 flat phys might be huge for some builds, but for this build, it's not very significant. To be honest, even without the increased physical damage taken downside, I would still not consider Abyssus.

Also, my philosophy is, although we stun most enemies, we cannot guarantee or assume that we don't take damage. I stack so much life(my own Berserker has 7.7k) with this build because we sometimes will inevitably take damage and we want to survive any potential burst. This 40% increased physical damage taken might just make Chimera fight, Minotaur, Argus, etc. many boss fights not doable anymore.

Starkonja's Head is not a bad choice. You can argue that it's similar to Devoto but I think it's more similar to a rare helmet. Is Starkonja better than a rare helmet? Maybe. Is Starkonja or a rare better or is Devoto better? Depends.

I think the question really comes down to, how effective is this 20% movement speed. And my answer is, very effective. In many scenarios I have found that this 20% movement speed saved my life more so than maybe a couple hundred max life.

It's definitely very hard to quantify and compare movement speed with flat max life, but I believe Devoto should be better in most scenarios. Starkonja may work, but I actually would rather get a rare helmet over Starkonja.
i upgraded most my gear, i believe i'm in stage 5++, should i get more gear for shaper fight?

usually i dont use frezy because i can stun upto t16, but can replace it with vaal haste
Last edited by dtk92892 on Jan 5, 2018, 6:04:00 AM
"
dtk92892 wrote:
i upgraded most my gear, i believe i'm in stage 5++, should i get more gear for shaper fight?

usually i dont use frezy because i can stun upto t16, but can replace it with vaal haste

Your items are pretty decent and you probably won't have trouble fighting Shaper.

I do want to point out:

1. Why Heavy Strike linked with Chance to Bleed? It's just not efficient for either DPS or stun capability.

2. Why not link Brutality gem with Sunder?

Not running Frenzy may cause some little bit of trouble while trying to stun-lock Shaper, but I think as long as you swap out Chance to Bleed and swap in Bloodlust, you should be able to deal some good DPS and stun-lock Shaper fairly consistently.
"
brightwaha wrote:
"
dtk92892 wrote:

Your items are pretty decent and you probably won't have trouble fighting Shaper.

I do want to point out:

1. Why Heavy Strike linked with Chance to Bleed? It's just not efficient for either DPS or stun capability.

Not running Frenzy may cause some little bit of trouble while trying to stun-lock Shaper, but I think as long as you swap out Chance to Bleed and swap in Bloodlust, you should be able to deal some good DPS and stun-lock Shaper fairly consistently.

1. flat damage + more damage look nicer is it ?
2. i forget it when i upgraded to first 6l
"
dtk92892 wrote:
"
brightwaha wrote:

I do want to point out:

1. flat damage + more damage look nicer is it ?
2. i forget it when i upgraded to first 6l

Chance to Bleed gives 44-66 flat damage + 29% more damage with bleeding. This more damage part only affects the bleed you inflict but not the hit damage. The 44-66 flat damage is definitely no where near the power level of Bloodlust, which gives 59% more damage.
"
brightwaha wrote:
Spoiler
"
Cloud_69 wrote:
Hey all,

It's a tough question and my opinion is that Devoto is better than any of those two.

Abyssus seems to be an obvious "no" for this build. 40-60 flat phys might be huge for some builds, but for this build, it's not very significant. To be honest, even without the increased physical damage taken downside, I would still not consider Abyssus.

Also, my philosophy is, although we stun most enemies, we cannot guarantee or assume that we don't take damage. I stack so much life(my own Berserker has 7.7k) with this build because we sometimes will inevitably take damage and we want to survive any potential burst. This 40% increased physical damage taken might just make Chimera fight, Minotaur, Argus, etc. many boss fights not doable anymore.

Starkonja's Head is not a bad choice. You can argue that it's similar to Devoto but I think it's more similar to a rare helmet. Is Starkonja better than a rare helmet? Maybe. Is Starkonja or a rare better or is Devoto better? Depends.

I think the question really comes down to, how effective is this 20% movement speed. And my answer is, very effective. In many scenarios I have found that this 20% movement speed saved my life more so than maybe a couple hundred max life.

It's definitely very hard to quantify and compare movement speed with flat max life, but I believe Devoto should be better in most scenarios. Starkonja may work, but I actually would rather get a rare helmet over Starkonja.

Going RT makes Abyssus pretty useless. The flat damage is nice, but it's made for a crit build. Starkonja's is nice. The crit is again wasted, but the flat life and attach speed are a decent alternative.

One of the main things this build lacks is speed. Since we use a mace, Leap Slam is the only movement option, and it sucks as a movement skill. Devotos really helps bridge the speed gap.

If you're on a budget and want more flat life, I agree that a rare helm is probably the second best option. With a rare, you lose the attack speed, but can get a lot of resistances, which would ease the requirements on rings/amulet, allowing a little more focus on the DPS side of those items.

On a separate note, I have to say outside Argus being a little challenging, this is a fantastic Uber Lab runner. Slayer usually is in general with the regen negating any care about traps, but even with Multistrike linked, Izaro spends the entire fight stunned. He literally can't do anything. It's hilarious.
Hey so I wanted to switch to pure physical version what would I need to change to do that ? like what auras and gem setup maybe ? with my 88 slayer

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info