[3.11] Shaper = Stunned, Tidebreaker Heavy Strike Stunner Build

"
brightwaha wrote:
"
dtk92892 wrote:
do you guys have problem with elder red?
i cant fight him, maybe my gear isnt enough

What phase/skill did you feel tough to deal with? I am planning to do some Elder fights very soon with my standard character and hopefully I can come up with some tips or tricks for Elder fight with this build.

everything was ok, but when he started spawning mobs, i cant kill them quick enough to stun him so he used oneshot ability, i cant run from it
"
dtk92892 wrote:
"
brightwaha wrote:
"
dtk92892 wrote:
do you guys have problem with elder red?
i cant fight him, maybe my gear isnt enough

What phase/skill did you feel tough to deal with? I am planning to do some Elder fights very soon with my standard character and hopefully I can come up with some tips or tricks for Elder fight with this build.

everything was ok, but when he started spawning mobs, i cant kill them quick enough to stun him so he used oneshot ability, i cant run from it

Not sure which skill you were talking about,

If it's the large AOE, you should stand in the middle instead of running away.

If it's the crystallize + siphon combo, from what I have seen you should be able to pop life flasks or basalt flask to mitigate this damage and survive from it.

I can't think of a way to stunlock Elder while clearing the adds, so you should definitely be prepared to survive this damage.

And I suppose this fight really favors Slayer as Slayer will be able to sustain with leech; while Berserker might have a hard time recovering life from the damage coming from boss/adds/environment. Maybe War Bringer can help a bit, maybe.

(Again, I have not fought Elder, so... take my suggestions with doubt. I will try to do some elder fights soon.)

I beat Red Elder last night. My first attempt at him, so I had to learn him on hard mode. Used 4 portals to kill him. First phase is definitely the toughest. I started the fight using Maim/Bloodlust as the 5th/6th links, but there's just too much movement required to make stuns effective. I managed to get him stunlocked once, but it was tough. Hard to maintain full life and bleeding to keep the damage up for it.

I swapped Maim to Multistrike, which gives a little more DPS and also helps with the adds phase. MS plus Slayer splash on the adds works to keep Shaper safe so he can lock Elder in place. I managed to get all 4 beams in place to keep Elder locked in crystals for the last phase. It was easy from that point.

I've upgraded my gear getting flat phys on my jewelry, max stun threshold on all gear, and Vuln corrupted Empire's. I also got a Belly of the Beast for my armor, which I think is a good trade-off with Kaom's. About 800 less life per PoB, but 6 extra sockets to work with which I prefer. Stronger totem and some extra CWDT skills.

Just working my way through the atlas now on the way to Guardians/Shaper. I'm curious to see the top end fights. At this point, I've not seen much need to swap gear out for max stun potential, everything dies too quick with Multistrike and the few Ruthless stuns.

Edit: I just ran T15 Carcass and with Mutlistrike/Bloodlust on boss, I still stunlocked it for the less than 10 seconds it was alive. This build is crazy strong.

Gear
Last edited by nEgativezEro89 on Dec 28, 2017, 12:02:34 PM
Hey, really like your guide here as I'm playing this build right now and stunlocking pretty much everything...

One question though regarding skill point optimization and jewels. Outside of the two jewel slots you're using for Weight of the Empire, doesn't it make more sense to pick up the 'Blunt Instrument' & 'Martial Experience' nodes near the Templar tree? According to PoB, adding those in gives you about 55K DPS in total while your non WotE jewels are giving you about 35-40K. On top of that, you also get some phys reduction with the BI node. I guess you just value the ~14% life more than ~40k DPS?
Last edited by Elvondar on Dec 30, 2017, 4:35:17 AM
"
Elvondar wrote:
Hey, really like your guide here as I'm playing this build right now and stunlocking pretty much everything...

One question though regarding skill point optimization and jewels. Outside of the two jewel slots you're using for Weight of the Empire, doesn't it make more sense to pick up the 'Blunt Instrument' & 'Martial Experience' nodes near the Templar tree? According to PoB, adding those in gives you about 55K DPS in total while your non WotE jewels are giving you about 35-40K. On top of that, you also get some phys reduction with the BI node. I guess you just value the ~14% life more than ~40k DPS?

Debatable choices:
*Blunt Instrument. You can skip this wheel if you feel you have enough damage.
*Hematophagy. Only consider picking this as Slayer.
*Stun Mastery. You can skip this wheel if you don't care too much about stunning the enemies.
*stun duration nodes in Stun Mastery wheel. To further boost stun capability.

"
dtk92892 wrote:
"
Elvondar wrote:

Debatable choices:
*Blunt Instrument. You can skip this wheel if you feel you have enough damage.
*Hematophagy. Only consider picking this as Slayer.
*Stun Mastery. You can skip this wheel if you don't care too much about stunning the enemies.
*stun duration nodes in Stun Mastery wheel. To further boost stun capability.

To add to this.

Blunt Instrument gives 40% dmg, 3% atk speed, 40% armour. A jewel can potentially give, prefix: 7% life, 8% atk speed; suffix: 5% atk speed, 14% stun duration.

Usually I value 18-19% dmg as 1 passive point, 7% atk speed as 1 passive point, 5% life as 1 passive point, 20% stun duration as 1 passive point, 40% armour as maybe half a passive point(I have a section in the post talking about how armour isn't effective for our build).

*The way I value stuff is with consideration of the combination of survival, dps, mobility, stun capability. The way I get those numbers is by asking myself, if there is a node that offers xxx, would I pick it? For example, obviously we pick a lot of 5% life nodes, so 5% life as 1 passive point.

Blunt Instrument offers around 3 points of value at the cost of 3 points, so it's not a bad choice.

Jewel socket offers 3.5-4 points of value at the cost of 3 points, so it's a better choice.

But obviously, before you can afford good jewels, Blunt Instrument is definitely a good choice.
Last edited by brightwaha on Dec 30, 2017, 6:52:35 AM
"
I beat Red Elder last night. My first attempt at him, so I had to learn him on hard mode. Used 4 portals to kill him. First phase is definitely the toughest. I started the fight using Maim/Bloodlust as the 5th/6th links, but there's just too much movement required to make stuns effective. I managed to get him stunlocked once, but it was tough. Hard to maintain full life and bleeding to keep the damage up for it.

I swapped Maim to Multistrike, which gives a little more DPS and also helps with the adds phase. MS plus Slayer splash on the adds works to keep Shaper safe so he can lock Elder in place. I managed to get all 4 beams in place to keep Elder locked in crystals for the last phase. It was easy from that point.

I've upgraded my gear getting flat phys on my jewelry, max stun threshold on all gear, and Vuln corrupted Empire's. I also got a Belly of the Beast for my armor, which I think is a good trade-off with Kaom's. About 800 less life per PoB, but 6 extra sockets to work with which I prefer. Stronger totem and some extra CWDT skills.

Just working my way through the atlas now on the way to Guardians/Shaper. I'm curious to see the top end fights. At this point, I've not seen much need to swap gear out for max stun potential, everything dies too quick with Multistrike and the few Ruthless stuns.

Edit: I just ran T15 Carcass and with Mutlistrike/Bloodlust on boss, I still stunlocked it for the less than 10 seconds it was alive. This build is crazy strong.

Gear

Thanks for sharing your success with red Elder. I am trying hard to build up my map pool in standard so I can fight Elder. Hopefully I will be able to write out some Elder tactics soon.

EDIT: just kills Elder Guardians and Elder himself, the fight was unbelievably easy and... cannot think of any tactics.
Last edited by brightwaha on Dec 30, 2017, 7:55:12 AM
Did you kill elder red ?

@brightwaha

Hey man, can you pls tell me which one of my weapons are better for bossing?

1- 414 DPS & 29% threshold.

2- 424 DPS & 26% threshold.

"
dtk92892 wrote:
Did you kill elder red ?

I'm still trying to spawn elder on red maps, but i'm unlucky as fuck. I had only 4 yellow maps in elder area, all guardians spawned on red maps, but elder spawned in yellow map. I'm working to get the red one.

"
dtk92892 wrote:
Did you kill elder red ?

Yes. It was pretty easy. You can find very little bit of information in the Boss fight tactics sub-section inside the Build Mechanics section.

EDIT: I copy-pasted this section here.

Elder
Spoiler

This section will probably be updated soon. Just did Elder and Elder Guardians fight. Seemed too quick and easy. Cannot really think of any tactics to say, just stun-lock them I guess.

Elder: stun-lock him into the 2nd phase, clear adds into the 3rd phase, rush him down for the kill.

His Guardians: stun-lock to next phase/death.

Video
Spoiler

I didn't put this video in the Video section above because:

1. The boss just felt weak...

2. I used my corrupted Tidebreaker instead of a normal one. This corruption is very difficult to find and I don't want to showcase my build with such a rare item. I will later record another Elder fight with a normal Tidebreaker.

Link: https://youtu.be/CptScgaU3N0

Maybe I should intentionally use worse gears to see what the challenges would be for poorly geared people. But from the fight I just did, I really could not figure out any useful stuff to say besides "just stun-lock him".
Last edited by brightwaha on Dec 30, 2017, 4:02:04 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info