[3.11] Shaper = Stunned, Tidebreaker Heavy Strike Stunner Build

Thanks for the build, going great atm, currently level 88
My gear still needs a lot of work, but i managed to get a couple of the main things needed.

Current Gear:
Spoiler
Last edited by KingCaracticus on Dec 26, 2017, 4:58:36 PM
"
brightwaha wrote:
"
Sergiu1303 wrote:
Hello, i really like this build you put up, it's very fun and rewording at the same time,i was struggeling with the vaal pact node and, changed the build a bit and put some Life Regen in it, it works really god but i still get 1 shoted from time to time, can u look a bit at it and tell me what's your opinion, is carnage heart a solution for the increase dmg when leeching?

I cannot see your character profile; you have not set it to public yet.

Usually if you die to one shot, it means

1. You need to get more life from passive or gears. This build aims to get 7k+ life.

2. You need to understand what mobs/skills are threatening and either avoid these or make use of our ability to stun.

There are so many weird mechanics that, even you have solid defenses you may die in one shot. I cannot tell what you’re actually dying to but certain bosses like Racecourse boss or Crypt boss have some one shot mechanics that you need to keep in mind and play around.

The increased dmg while leeching works if you’re Slayer, but other leech related mods don’t work very well on a Slayer. A rare amulet is most likely a better option. Also, as you are frequently dying to one shots, rare amulets can offer life rolls that Carnage Heart doesn’t.

i set it up to public, sry i was not awere.....i have like 12k armour, 5.3k hp, 600 Hp regen/sec, 5L ancestral totem link, i wanted to know what is ur opinion, thank u very much for ur time, merrry Xmass!
"
Sergiu1303 wrote:
i set it up to public, sry i was not awere.....i have like 12k armour, 5.3k hp, 600 Hp regen/sec, 5L ancestral totem link, i wanted to know what is ur opinion, thank u very much for ur time, merrry Xmass!

I don't see anything wrong with your setup. The only arguable choice is not going for a Kaoms Heart, but for sure we don't necessarily need that. Armour and life regen doesn’t do much against one shots, and that’s why maximum life should always be prioritized.

With this life pool, if you're dying to one shots, I think there are only 3 types of deaths.

1. To mechanics that are designed to one shot you. You need to know boss mechanics and there is no way around that. I used to stun-lock Crypt boss all day but when I forgot to switch to single target setup, and fail to stun-lock him, I die to(or very close to die to) his nova everytime. Took me a while to understand the mechanics and now there is no way I will die to that boss again.

2. To a large number of mobs surrounding you when you somehow didn’t stun them and CWDT-Immortal Call on cooldown. Usually those AFK style tank builds won’t have this problem, but we do. If you Leap Slam to the center of a large pack of mobs, and does not follow up with your attacks, you may die to their damage. This build doesn’t have any other layers of defense like block, and we rely on stunning enemies and leech from them.

3. To heavy hits under extreme map mods. For example, if you don’t overcap your resist and run elemental weakness maps with one or two other damage mods. You need to be extra careful when doing those maps.

Again, I think there’s nothing wrong with your setup, and occasional ripping will happen with this build if you’re not careful. To be honest I think a lot of it comes to game knowledge, knowing what’s lethal and how to prevent chocking is part of “being a good player” in this game.
Lately i killed 2 remaining Guardians (Chimera and Phoenix) with some changes:

1- I undo Overwhelm and got impact again.

2- Boost my shaper/guardian dps to 440k with steel ring:

Spoiler

3- I just notice im not full hp in tough boss fights so i drop dmg on full life and replace it with multistrike. (400K shaper/guardian dps with this change.)

4- I enchant my boots with attack speed:(to keep the buff i use writhihng jar flask in boss fight)

Spoiler

Next goal is shaper and elder in red maps.

And question about boots, PoB shows me that +1 maximum frenzy charge boots drops my dps for like 10k. Should i keep this enchant or +1 maximum frenzy still better?
"
HunterMoon wrote:
Lately i killed 2 remaining Guardians (Chimera and Phoenix) with some changes:

1- I undo Overwhelm and got impact again.

2- Boost my shaper/guardian dps to 440k with steel ring:

Spoiler

3- I just notice im not full hp in tough boss fights so i drop dmg on full life and replace it with multistrike. (400K shaper/guardian dps with this change.)

4- I enchant my boots with attack speed:(to keep the buff i use writhihng jar flask in boss fight)

Spoiler

Next goal is shaper and elder in red maps.

And question about boots, PoB shows me that +1 maximum frenzy charge boots drops my dps for like 10k. Should i keep this enchant or +1 maximum frenzy still better?

Multistrike gives good dps but you won’t stun Shaper at all with Multistrike instead of Damage on Full Life. For Phoenix fight it’s a good idea to use Multistrike as the stunlock philosophy doesn’t work well in this fight; Chimera should be perfectly stunlocked and you shouldn’t have problem staying at full life.

The attack speed enchant works very well it you are planning to make use of Writhing Jar. For boss fights, it’s better than +1 frenzy if you can manage to kill something recently. For clearing, the attack speed bonus is much better as we Leap Slam faster.
"
brightwaha wrote:

Multistrike gives good dps but you won’t stun Shaper at all with Multistrike instead of Damage on Full Life. For Phoenix fight it’s a good idea to use Multistrike as the stunlock philosophy doesn’t work well in this fight; Chimera should be perfectly stunlocked and you shouldn’t have problem staying at full life.

Only reason im using multistrike instead of dmg on full life support is that i can't stun boss before he hits me, so when a boss fights starts im on 3/4 hp or 1/2 hp (this is mainly because of low range of heavy strike, specially for ranged attack boss).
With this condition if i use dmg on full life i will not benefit from it.
BTW its only matter of experience to get use to dmg on full life and learn the play style with it.
Last edited by HunterMoon on Dec 27, 2017, 10:42:11 AM
do you guys have problem with elder red?
i cant fight him, maybe my gear isnt enough
Any suggestions for Abyss Jewel mods?
"
Vierhon wrote:
Any suggestions for Abyss Jewel mods?

Flat life, flat phys dmg, resists, attributes, attack speed, etc... very straight forward; those mods are all pretty much equally good. Ideally, a perfectly rolled ordinary jewel is better, but they are so rare in Abyss league.
"
dtk92892 wrote:
do you guys have problem with elder red?
i cant fight him, maybe my gear isnt enough

What phase/skill did you feel tough to deal with? I am planning to do some Elder fights very soon with my standard character and hopefully I can come up with some tips or tricks for Elder fight with this build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info