[3.11] Shaper = Stunned, Tidebreaker Heavy Strike Stunner Build

Hey I'm building a very similar character to yours (using 6 link chest for Sunder instead of Kaom since I'm not a big fan of HS for AoE clearing).

I'm short on links available in gear, initially wanted to use Kaom's boots due to temp chains immunity which I love, but I resolved on using normal boots for now. I still don't have room for a CWDT Immortal call setup though, so I am going to be using/maintaining 6 endurance changes.

In your sample gear you aren't using a CWDT Immortal call and you're also not speccing into additional end charges. How is your survivability in general when mapping without either? I see your boss videos where everything is stunned which is great defensively, but for red maps with ranged monsters or porcupines, how are you surviving through everything? I'm expecting only about 6.1khp by level 90, more if I can link my chest instead of using tabula.
"
Bastian2201 wrote:
Hey i love this build and played it in 2.6 but now im kinda wondering if this build would be viable with Vigilant strike instead of Heavy strike? Ofc i will use the Tidebreaker.

I still think the 52% chance for Heavy Strike to deal double damage cannot be replaced. Vigilant Strike is also hard to sustain without Multistrike which is not really what we want against high health bosses. Unless you want to build around crit then it might be viable; but I dont think it will be as good as Heavy Strike.
"
Namcap wrote:
Hey I'm building a very similar character to yours (using 6 link chest for Sunder instead of Kaom since I'm not a big fan of HS for AoE clearing).

I'm short on links available in gear, initially wanted to use Kaom's boots due to temp chains immunity which I love, but I resolved on using normal boots for now. I still don't have room for a CWDT Immortal call setup though, so I am going to be using/maintaining 6 endurance changes.

In your sample gear you aren't using a CWDT Immortal call and you're also not speccing into additional end charges. How is your survivability in general when mapping without either? I see your boss videos where everything is stunned which is great defensively, but for red maps with ranged monsters or porcupines, how are you surviving through everything? I'm expecting only about 6.1khp by level 90, more if I can link my chest instead of using tabula.

I do have a CWDT setup, you can check my 'more recent gear' section. As for surviving maps, my philosophy is to get as much life as possible, and that's why I use Kaoms Heart and have over 7k life. I believe we don't take much physical damage with this build, and I often play with Iron Reflexes and Grace which gives 10k more armour but I don't notice much improvement in survivability.

Above are my personal thoughts. I wish I could have a deathlog to see how additional physical mitigation can save us. We don't have deathlogs so I am not sure. I think the only way to know is to play with both versions from time to time and see when you're tankier.
Just wanted to add my 2 cents here. I'm currently playing the Slayer version of the build as my league ending build as I finish my endgame challenges for 40/40. I've been farming uber lab and guardians with this character with no trouble whatsoever. Shaper is down with relative ease and after some effort I also managed to finish Vaal Temple. I opted against using Impact and decided to go for a double 6L Tidebreaker with Sunder in my secondary for clearing trash. Having Headsman instead of Impact allowed me to run phys reflect maps instead of putting it in the pool of maps that are troublesome to run (e.g. no leech/regen). It also made it easier to fully clear trash since sunder vacuums mobs in whenever you pop Lion's Roar. I used Impact from 55-75 and it just felt too clunky for my tastes. I would recommend trying it for a while before making the decision I did. Playing with impact is much more cost efficient, but a good Tidebreaker didn't cost me too much and 5Ls shouldn't be too much of a problem. I ran pure phys the entire way. I honestly really enjoy this build. It's worth noting that I was clearing all the maps with 5Ls until I could afford fusings to finish my 6Ls. I would 6L heavy strike first if you have the opportunity since that's the main boss killer. Trash can be dealt with in any way players see fit. The only problem I had was making sure my rare pieces had a high amount of res, life, and phys damage. They're still not ideal, but they got the job done.

Just wanted to say great work to the OP and all those who collaborated. I've never played traditional melee life build before so this has been a great experience. Feel free to ask me more questions about my experience and I'll try my best to answer them.

Here's a link to my gear if anyone wants to see it. Jewels are typical +life/phys damage x2 stuff. Character is "MarqStuns".

tl;dr: this build is great for pretty much all content.
Last edited by Marq09 on Sep 21, 2017, 3:09:58 PM
"
Marq09 wrote:
Just wanted to add my 2 cents here. I'm currently playing the Slayer version of the build as my league ending build as I finish my endgame challenges for 40/40. I've been farming uber lab and guardians with this character with no trouble whatsoever. Shaper is down with relative ease and after some effort I also managed to finish Vaal Temple. I opted against using Impact and decided to go for a double 6L Tidebreaker with Sunder in my secondary for clearing trash. Having Headsman instead of Impact allowed me to run phys reflect maps instead of putting it in the pool of maps that are troublesome to run (e.g. no leech/regen). It also made it easier to fully clear trash since sunder vacuums mobs in whenever you pop Lion's Roar. I used Impact from 55-75 and it just felt too clunky for my tastes. I would recommend trying it for a while before making the decision I did. Playing with impact is much more cost efficient, but a good Tidebreaker didn't cost me too much and 5Ls shouldn't be too much of a problem. I ran pure phys the entire way. I honestly really enjoy this build. It's worth noting that I was clearing all the maps with 5Ls until I could afford fusings to finish my 6Ls. I would 6L heavy strike first if you have the opportunity since that's the main boss killer. Trash can be dealt with in any way players see fit. The only problem I had was making sure my rare pieces had a high amount of res, life, and phys damage. They're still not ideal, but they got the job done.

Just wanted to say great work to the OP and all those who collaborated. I've never played traditional melee life build before so this has been a great experience. Feel free to ask me more questions about my experience and I'll try my best to answer them.

Here's a link to my gear if anyone wants to see it. Jewels are typical +life/phys damage x2 stuff. Character is "MarqStuns".

tl;dr: this build is great for pretty much all content.

Awesome! Thanks for your response. I have also been thinking about picking Headsman over Impact, and now I think I will make relevant notes in the guide.
hi sir its me again ^_^ im level 89 now stil doing good and enjoying this build ^_^

1 noob question again sorry, if i have lets say warlords mark aura with blaspemy , and 1 vulnerbility hit on my corrupted gloves

do i have put an aditional # curse bonus on my ring/amulet? or no?
Last edited by icextacy on Sep 21, 2017, 3:45:44 AM
"
icextacy wrote:
hi sir its me again ^_^ im level 89 now stil doing good and enjoying this build ^_^

1 noob question again sorry, if i have lets say warlords mark aura with blaspemy , and 1 vulnerbility hit on my corrupted gloves

do i have put an aditional # curse bonus on my ring/amulet? or no?

You need to have an additional # curse bonus from somewhere to apply 2 curses to the same enemy. There are a number of ways to get the +1 curse, but the only 'viable' way is to get +1 curse from amulet corruption, which is very difficult to find.

Unless you have lots of exalts to spare, I don't think it's a good idea to aim for a +1 curse amulet.

So I would suggest using either vulnerability or warlords mark(not both); if you already have the vulnerability corruption you should drop your blasphemy and run something else.
thanks sir again ,no i dont have the gloves yet too expensive ^_^
Hi,

can you please post a non POE Planner tree?

TY~

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info