[3.11] Shaper = Stunned, Tidebreaker Heavy Strike Stunner Build

Hey I'm trying out this build and started using heavy strike just after the normal lab and it's pretty fun to play with 4L atm.

Anyways, is bloodlust that important ? I know the build focus on stun but isn't the bleed potentially big with this build ?

Also isn't the Belt of Deceiver good for it with the intimidation ?
"
bisore wrote:
Hey I'm trying out this build and started using heavy strike just after the normal lab and it's pretty fun to play with 4L atm.

Anyways, is bloodlust that important ? I know the build focus on stun but isn't the bleed potentially big with this build ?

Also isn't the Belt of Deceiver good for it with the intimidation ?

We do deal some bleeding damage but Bloodlust just out-dps any other support gem even after counting the loss of bleeding damage. I don't see a replacement in boss fights. For clearing we of course want a replacement for Bloodlust.

I personally don't like the Belt of the Deceiver(but I do believe it's a viable choice) because it doesn't have the 15% Reduced Enemy Stun Threshold we get from rare belts. When it comes to stunning enemies, 15% Reduced Enemy Stun Threshold is better than 10% more damage from the Intimidated effect. A rare belt also provides more life and more resistance.
Great build , went to merciless lab and perma stunned izaro , it was really fun to watch him struggle.

I have a question i still dont have the 6link for tidebreaker , but i have one for belly.

Should i run damage on full life or Bloodlust (for the 5l tibreaker.
"
kazzo92 wrote:
Great build , went to merciless lab and perma stunned izaro , it was really fun to watch him struggle.

I have a question i still dont have the 6link for tidebreaker , but i have one for belly.

Should i run damage on full life or Bloodlust (for the 5l tibreaker.

Usually I would consider putting a totem 5l in weapon and a 6l attack skill in belly, but it seems that you rely on more your warchief totem while clearing? Bloodlust is way better in boss fights and Damage on Full Life is good when clearing. Maybe you can run Damage on Full Life for mapping and once you are in front of some challenging boss you can swap on Bloodlust.
Currently running this build. I have a few questions:
1. Can I stun lock Guardians even with a 5L?
2. Do you have a Path of Building link?
3. Why is this build so awesome? Stun locked Merc Izaro with a 4L. My friends are freaking out. They said thi build is great for bosses :D
4. Can Cyclone be considered? (I'm running it now and I'm literally a Cyclone that vacuums monsters)
Here's my gear. Any tips for it? (I'm changing Le Heup to Steel Rings once I hit 80):
"
isjeeeeee wrote:
3. Why is this build so awesome? Stun locked Merc Izaro with a 4L. My friends are freaking out. They said thi build is great for bosses :D
4. Can Cyclone be considered? (I'm running it now and I'm literally a Cyclone that vacuums monsters)
Here's my gear. Any tips for it? (I'm changing Le Heup to Steel Rings once I hit 80):

1. If I take out one gem from my 6-link and try to stun Guardians, I believe they will be stun-locked around 70-80% of the time. This may sound reasonably well, but that also means it's likely they will cast some spells so I will have to dodge those instead of keep hitting and stunning them.

2. My account is 'brightwaha' and currently all my gears are on my Berserker character 'SMOrc_Gaming'. You can directly import all the information from my account name.

3. :D

4. Cyclone is generally not a good choice because it's a green gem, so you can't really swap between it and maybe Heavy Strike. Other than that, Cyclone is fine. I don't like it personally but it's a good skill for clearing.

Gears:

1. Don't focus too much on flat physical damage on your amulet/rings. It's a luxury to have and rings with more +life and resists are better options.

2. Try to get a Devoto with Heavy Strike +12% double damage chance enchant. Also try to get a Lion's Roar. Lion's Roar is the best flask for our build. And mostly you should focus on getting a 6-link. For most builds a 6-link makes huge differences.
Hey there! I've been playing this build for the last few days and I absolutely love it! I plan on going for the full physical version using heavy strike for bosses and sunder on wep2 for trash clearing because I don't much like the feel of splash heavy strike. That being said do you think I should still take impact ascendancy node for passive aoe while on boss or maybe go with headsman(map clearing)/overwhelm(stun bonuses)?
"
brightwaha wrote:
"
isjeeeeee wrote:

1. If I take out one gem from my 6-link and try to stun Guardians, I believe they will be stun-locked around 70-80% of the time. This may sound reasonably well, but that also means it's likely they will cast some spells so I will have to dodge those instead of keep hitting and stunning them.

2. My account is 'brightwaha' and currently all my gears are on my Berserker character 'SMOrc_Gaming'. You can directly import all the information from my account name.

3. :D

4. Cyclone is generally not a good choice because it's a green gem, so you can't really swap between it and maybe Heavy Strike. Other than that, Cyclone is fine. I don't like it personally but it's a good skill for clearing.

Gears:

1. Don't focus too much on flat physical damage on your amulet/rings. It's a luxury to have and rings with more +life and resists are better options.

2. Try to get a Devoto with Heavy Strike +12% double damage chance enchant. Also try to get a Lion's Roar. Lion's Roar is the best flask for our build. And mostly you should focus on getting a 6-link. For most builds a 6-link makes huge differences.

Wow! Thank you for your fast response. That's perfect I'll continue using cyclone since it's socketed in my gloves so I don't need to swap heavy strike for it. I'm glad 70-80% stun chance is possible with a 5L. That's so OPOP for this build. Considering most builds need to have a 6L to kill Guardians. The steel ring I mentioned is on my other char so I'll prolly just take that off. Then I'll upgrade my Unset Ring and Leather Belt to a more +life and +res. All in all. Thank you so much for this build. This is my first Slayer build and damn it's super fun :D

Edit: I got me these:

And this
will be swapping this
once I hit 80. I'll then upgrade my Unset and belt
Last edited by isjeeeeee on Sep 16, 2017, 10:26:32 PM
"
Sugaar wrote:
Hey there! I've been playing this build for the last few days and I absolutely love it! I plan on going for the full physical version using heavy strike for bosses and sunder on wep2 for trash clearing because I don't much like the feel of splash heavy strike. That being said do you think I should still take impact ascendancy node for passive aoe while on boss or maybe go with headsman(map clearing)/overwhelm(stun bonuses)?

I would say Headsman is a very good option if you don't need the splash from Impact. The reduced reflected damage taken and damage bonus after killing would be super useful for mapping. You could also technically use The Writhing Jar to trigger the damage bonus during boss fights.
"
isjeeeeee wrote:
Wow! Thank you for your fast response. That's perfect I'll continue using cyclone since it's socketed in my gloves so I don't need to swap heavy strike for it. I'm glad 70-80% stun chance is possible with a 5L. That's so OPOP for this build. Considering most builds need to have a 6L to kill Guardians. The steel ring I mentioned is on my other char so I'll prolly just take that off. Then I'll upgrade my Unset Ring and Leather Belt to a more +life and +res. All in all. Thank you so much for this build. This is my first Slayer build and damn it's super fun :D

Edit: I got me these:

And this
will be swapping this
once I hit 80. I'll then upgrade my Unset and belt

I have to make it clear here. By 70-80% I mean stun up-time, which is the percentage of time the boss being stunned if we are doing nothing but hitting him and he is doing nothing but taking hits. In real fights, things will get complicated and especially during Phoenix fight it's impossible to rely on stunning to kill Phoenix.

That being said, I think this build can easily stun(not perfect stun-locking) and kill Chimera and Hydra with a 5L. Phoenix and Minotaur will likely be a big challenge if you are using a 5L; you need not rely on stuns and play smart to kill them (and usually with this build we kill them without relying on stuns anyway).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info