[3.11] Shaper = Stunned, Tidebreaker Heavy Strike Stunner Build

"
JaguarXXX wrote:
No, I haven't tried flicker strike.

What would we need to change?

Wouldn't be much different from the Heavy Strike setup. However, you need to make sure:

1. You have enough damage to blow up packs and generate more frenzy charges than you consume.

2. You have another Tidebreaker and a Heavy Strike single-target at hand when you face a strong unique minion and run out of frenzy charges single-targeting it.

It can be very helpful to get additional maximum frenzy charges if you decide to stick with such playstyle. Awakened Multistrike should also be quite helpful.

There are certain uniques that help generating frenzy charges, but it's usually not as easy as just swapping them on and off. If you want to really stick with Flicker Strike you may go for things like The Red Trail, but I find it unnecessary.
OK, I was able to fight Sirus last night. Did not beat him, but got him to phase three and ended up dying to the storms (got trapped with nowhere to go).

With my 6 link as heavy strike-stun support-ruthless-brutality-melee phys.-fortify I was NOT able to stun him consistently. Actually, the ONLY time I was able to stun him was at the very start of the fight. I am not sure why (maybe it was the only time I had flasks and totem up?). Unfortunately, I wasn't really paying attention to all the variables as I was focused on just beating him.

The actual first two phases of the fight are trivial though, especially with unlimited healing from War Bringer. It is managing the stupid storms between phases that is the tough part, which is, IMO, a really stupid mechanic. Even after watching a tutorial before the fight, I ended up getting trapped by the storms with nowhere to run. Could not even get back to the boss for phase three.

You can check my gear out. It is definitely not optimized. Also, I was not using bloodlust, however, for Sirus, it seems as if the totems got killed very quickly and so I am not sure how reliable bloodlust will be.

Don't take any of the above as gospel, however. I am not the best at observing boss mechanics. Nevertheless, I can unequivocally say that Sirus does not stun easily like the other Conquerors.

I should also add that with heavy strike-multistrike-brutality-ancestrall call-awakened melee splash and fortify combination, I was able to easily clear the Baran-influenced maps, which were previously giving me big problems with ground slam.
Last edited by JaguarXXX on Dec 31, 2019, 11:29:36 AM
"
JaguarXXX wrote:
OK, I was able to fight Sirus last night. Did not beat him, but got him to phase three and ended up dying to the storms (got trapped with nowhere to go).

With my 6 link as heavy strike-stun support-ruthless-brutality-melee phys.-fortify I was NOT able to stun him consistently. Actually, the ONLY time I was able to stun him was at the very start of the fight. I am not sure why (maybe it was the only time I had flasks and totem up?). Unfortunately, I wasn't really paying attention to all the variables as I was focused on just beating him.

The actual first two phases of the fight are trivial though, especially with unlimited healing from War Bringer. It is managing the stupid storms between phases that is the tough part, which is, IMO, a really stupid mechanic. Even after watching a tutorial before the fight, I ended up getting trapped by the storms with nowhere to run. Could not even get back to the boss for phase three.

You can check my gear out. It is definitely not optimized. Also, I was not using bloodlust, however, for Sirus, it seems as if the totems got killed very quickly and so I am not sure how reliable bloodlust will be.

Don't take any of the above as gospel, however. I am not the best at observing boss mechanics. Nevertheless, I can unequivocally say that Sirus does not stun easily like the other Conquerors.

I should also add that with heavy strike-multistrike-brutality-ancestrall call-awakened melee splash and fortify combination, I was able to easily clear the Baran-influenced maps, which were previously giving me big problems with ground slam.

Sirus has 70m life, which is quite a lot (Shaper now has 75m since the new patch, but previous had only 18m). It doesn't surprise me that you could land stuns when totem and flasks are up but couldn't when things are messy mid-fight. Considering your gears and Sirus's life, this is about right.

If you want to get your stuns going, improvements that can be made to the build include:
1. leveling your gems,
2. getting Vulnerability corruption on gloves,
3. getting Heavy Strike helm enchant,
4. getting Lethal Pride w/ r.E.S.T.,
5. teching in a Frenzy gem for Sirus fight to generate frenzy charges,
6. exploiting Ralakesh's Impatience to generate up to maximum endurance and frenzy charges before the fight,
7. finding any gloves that are relevant in Sirus fight (Facebreaker is actually quite nice and very cheap),
8. getting good jewels and taking the jewel socket nodes,
9. upgrading your rings,
10. getting Awakened versions of support gems,
11. get 20% quality on your Ryslatha's Coil.
12. maybe look for a Fortify corruption on Tidebreaker (may be very unrealistic for most people).

Many of these are quite big upgrades and I have good confidence that getting a few of them would significantly help your stunning.

But at the same time, maybe you need to decide if that's worth it. The 3 endgame bosses Sirus, Shaper and Elder has about the same life pool. They require good gears to stun, and at the same time they're very mechanic-oriented bosses and you can beat them with this build even if you don't land any stuns. Then Guardians have a far smaller life pool and I believe you can stun-lock them quite consistently already. So unless you want to do boss farming or you're just too lazy to learn boss mechanics and maneuvers (which is my motivation in making the stun build), you may not need to pursue the last mile in stun capability and may just play the mechanics to beat these end-game bosses.
Last edited by brightwaha on Dec 31, 2019, 1:08:46 PM
I can confirm that guardians are easily stun locked.

What do you mean about “facebreakers”? They are for unarmed and you can’t equip any weapons while wearing them.

I do think a reliable source of intimidation would be very helpful for sure since the awakened melee phys only gives 10% chance on hit. I doubt I am going to buy a watchers eye in league to find out though. I have one laying around in standard I will test out after league.

I did pick up a pair of corrupted empire’s grasp today. I will try to get the enchanted helmet next and I will corrupt the tidebreaker too.

What about abyssus? I assume you don’t think the trade off in survivability is worth it?

What do you mean about “facebreakers”? They are for unarmed and you can’t equip any weapons while wearing them.

I do think a reliable source of intimidation would be very helpful for sure since the awakened melee phys only gives 10% chance on hit. I doubt I am going to buy a watchers eye in league to find out though. I have one laying around in standard I will test out after league.

I did pick up a pair of corrupted empire’s grasp today. I will try to get the enchanted helmet next and I will corrupt the tidebreaker too.

What about abyssus? I assume you don’t think the trade off in survivability is worth it?
"
JaguarXXX wrote:

Facebreaker is a tech choice you can make for boss fights and the only thing you will benefit from is the 10% r.E.S.T. It's also possible to get a real low-roll Facebreaker w/ Vulnerability corruption for a reasonable price. Not saying it's a recommended choice or anything, but a random Facebreaker for 1 chaos is better than an un-corrupted Empire's Grasp for those boss fights.

As for Intimidate, 10% chance is for sure not high enough for consistent coverage but it's not a huge deal really (maybe 6.5% of our DPS). Other options are Tombfist, Pride Watcher's Eye, and Hunter influenced glove mods.

Yes I would say that the defensive trade off in getting Abyssus is too huge. It's not even a big boost in DPS and we lose quite a lot of mobility in not using Devoto's Devotion.
Timeless Jewel is it worth it and what version to use and where in the tree? :-)
I going to go for every 14% or more damage node I can (will take the 14% damage passive next to Steadfast instead of the one I currently have allocated, will remove the 5% life I have allocated in the life wheel and take the 14% damage passives next to Spinecruncher, and eventually take Wrecking ball; I will also switch the attack speed passive next to Destroyer into the 12% damage passive instead). This means I will have to make do with 6200-6500 hps, which has been fine for T15 and 16 maps, including guardians.

I also think while Devoto's was top tier in 3.8, the 10% reduced global damage is just too big of a hit to be worth it if it turns out we can in fact stun Sirus and Shaper using an alternative. I am going to try Deidbellow instead--more damage and actually more movement and attack speed as well. Yes, we can't leech while on low life, but War Bringer may be enough to make the tradeoff worth it. If survivability becomes an issue, I can add a life flask or switch back to Devoto's.

I will try to get a Lethal Pride jewel soon. The damage roll I got on my Tidebreaker is good, and I don't think getting one with a Fortify corruption is realistic.
Last edited by JaguarXXX on Jan 2, 2020, 3:08:27 PM
"
BA3YDADDY wrote:
Timeless Jewel is it worth it and what version to use and where in the tree? :-)

Lethal Pride, ideally socket near the Barbarism node (Marauder area).

You will be looking for double damage, fortify effect, r.E.S.T., and chance to Intimidate (if you don't use Tombfist).
"
BA3YDADDY wrote:
Yeah you are right.

Got a 30% 6L 6R Tide today and with the setup i have now my Heavy strike is 165% reduced stun and cyclone is 88%

I can take out rare boots and add Redblade for 10% more and take out stun Support and add multistrike but not sure yet what i like Best.

Need to test That out first and maby try out bloodlust support with some added bleed chance passives.

But I can stun lock Sirus so its working but I still think it can be better.

Got a offer on a Pride Auls pendling so i can add a free haste.

Lest see how it turns out.

Thx for all the help man.

And again Merry Christmas

What gems did you use to stun-lock Sirus?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info