[3.11] Shaper = Stunned, Tidebreaker Heavy Strike Stunner Build

"
Daibert wrote:
I can't stun the Shaper at 3.9 (metamorph) .... do you need to use something specific to stun?

Stunning Shaper is not trivial anymore after 3.9. You don't need anything outside of the items recommended in the guide to stun Shaper, but you definitely need many good pieces of gears (6-link Tidebreaker, well rolled Ryslatha's Coil, good jewels, the right helmet enchant and maybe some corruptions) to make it work.

From your profile I saw the gears remaining on your character. I wouldn't expect you to be able to stun Shaper with those gears.

You can view the profile of both people you quoted, or Munch11 (who posted above you) for an idea of what's needed for stun-locking Shaper. The central idea is to get high damage (Ryslatha's Coil) or high r.E.S.T. (Redblade Tramplers) from some of your gears, and high life (Kaom's Heart and other rares) and resists (rings and other jewelries) from others.
Last edited by brightwaha on Jan 9, 2020, 12:11:06 AM
The build is still viable even if stunning Shaper isn't as easy peasy as before right? I started it yesterday and having a blast!
"
hers wrote:
The build is still viable even if stunning Shaper isn't as easy peasy as before right? I started it yesterday and having a blast!

Certainly. You could always stun Shaper with more refined gears; and even if you don’t have a good budget planned, beating endgame bosses like Shaper and Sirus doesn’t really depend on us stunning them.
Hello.

First of all, thanks for the build, its being pretty fun to play so far.

Im having problems to stun conquerors, sirius and some t15-6 bosses. Im doing the cyclone+slayer variation.

Im trying impale now and feels slightly better but still cant stun those bosses.

Would love to hear some tips to improve the build.

Thanks!

"
Chefaso wrote:
Hello.

First of all, thanks for the build, its being pretty fun to play so far.

Im having problems to stun conquerors, sirius and some t15-6 bosses. Im doing the cyclone+slayer variation.

Im trying impale now and feels slightly better but still cant stun those bosses.

Would love to hear some tips to improve the build.

Thanks!

Cyclone due to its mechanics is very good for trash clearing, but when it comes to stunning Sirus and other endgame bosses its damage is way too low. You will need Heavy Strike to make stunning Sirus happen.

As for Impale, Impale deals reflect damage and does not help stunning in any way at all. It could be nice to have while clearing trash with Cyclone, but if you want to stun endgame bosses it's not going to help.

After switching to Heavy Strike you will stun-lock T15-16 bosses consistently. However, for Shaper and Sirus stunning, I believe you will land a few stuns but stun-locking will be very inconsistent. It would be better if you could find a pair of gloves other than Empire's Grasp and maybe a Lethal Pride with r.E.S.T.
I tried start with ground slam bers this league, but in endgame stun dont work with my cheap gear on start. So i respec to another build. Now i found one funny video with jugg stuner, but he have some problems with Sirius too. He have 170% reduced enemy stun treshold, but his damage is too low. If swap ascendacy to berserker(need up some resists with items) we will have around 2.2 mil dps with 2 aps(only with 20 rage). With ruthless and double damage from heavy strike its more than need. Can any one try if have items?
RampantManul
"
Keklya wrote:
I tried start with ground slam bers this league, but in endgame stun dont work with my cheap gear on start. So i respec to another build. Now i found one funny video with jugg stuner, but he have some problems with Sirius too. He have 170% reduced enemy stun treshold, but his damage is too low. If swap ascendacy to berserker(need up some resists with items) we will have around 2.2 mil dps with 2 aps(only with 20 rage). With ruthless and double damage from heavy strike its more than need. Can any one try if have items?

I saw the video as well. The build in the video is almost identical to this build here. The only difference is he chose to go for Impresence to cast Vulnerability and Circle of Guilt to buff Herald of Purity.

By doing so he doesn't need a Vulnerability corruption from gloves (which is very nice if you're low on budget) and can have a Herald of Purity for around 10% more damage.

The downsides are that 1. he spends quite a few passive points on resists nodes due to not having resists on amulet/rings; 2. he gets Soul Raker as amulet enchant because no mana leech on amulet/rings either; 3. that he cannot use Maim with Flesh and Stone due to lack of sockets.

(As a side note, he uses Flesh and Stone AND uses Maim Support in Heavy Strike 6-link. Both Maim sources don't really stack so he actually would have a higher damage simply by using Fortify Support instead of Maim Support in his Heavy Strike 6-link.)

Besides this, the rest of the build is essentially the same. Testing that build with a Berserker ascendancy would just be like testing this build, basically.
How do you guys deal with chaos damage? Seems hard to get chaos res on gear since I only have a few slots to cap elemental res.

I'm playing beserker btw, does slayer just rely on leech vs chaos damage?
"
Shibby88 wrote:
How do you guys deal with chaos damage? Seems hard to get chaos res on gear since I only have a few slots to cap elemental res.

You don't have to worry about chaos resist at all. It's honestly very rare that you will be put in danger by chaos damage. Berserker has warcry recovery and Slayer has reliable life leech to deal with chaos degen.

Overall, it's just quite inefficient to stack chaos resist as a life based build; you can stay at -60% chaos resist and you will be fine.
"
brightwaha wrote:
"
Shibby88 wrote:

You don't have to worry about chaos resist at all. It's honestly very rare that you will be put in danger by chaos damage. Berserker has warcry recovery and Slayer has reliable life leech to deal with chaos degen.

Overall, it's just quite inefficient to stack chaos resist as a life based build; you can stay at -60% chaos resist and you will be fine.

Alright, thank you for the response.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info