[3.11] Shaper = Stunned, Tidebreaker Heavy Strike Stunner Build

Thanks for the feedback. I am enjoying the build. I am giving warbringer another shot. I just think the clear speed for ground slam just was too slow (not the strongest dmg and certainly not fast attack) and/or not a big enough AOE.

I really didn't want to fall back on cyclone (like every other build), but it could be shaping up that way for clearing trash. First though, I am going to try to see if I can get heavy strike to work for clearing trash.

And like I said, even red maps are a breeze with whatever skill, even ground slam. It was just the Baran-influenced red maps that seemed way overtuned. Other people apparently aren't having much problem clearing the trash, so I am putting it down to the poor clear speed of ground slam.
Been testing everythin now, uset time on playing the build on My Slayer and Berserker plys my Jugg, Yes i have a sweet spot for the Jugg so i needed to test it out :-)

Easy Jugg is not the way to go, it cant die but the dps is under half of what the berserker can dish out.

Slayer is great, it's not the same amount of dps the berserker does but it's better defensive.

Berserker is what i have chosen to play i do play on the Slayer when i roll corrupted tier 15/16 maps with phys reflect but everythin els i do on the Zerk :-)

Marauder is just my favorite toon and I don't think That will ever change.

The Slayer looks like a stupped up hipster :p

Just droppede, not sure if it's usefull in anyway, maby with a Duel wield stun build maby :p

Kind of like it

https://photos.app.goo.gl/95ZT8K39XNad5hLr8

What do you think?
Last edited by BA3YDADDY on Dec 29, 2019, 3:38:31 PM
"
BA3YDADDY wrote:
Just droppede, not sure if it's usefull in anyway, maby with a Duel wield stun build maby :p

Kind of like it

https://photos.app.goo.gl/95ZT8K39XNad5hLr8

What do you think?

Seems pretty difficult to make it work.

Maybe usable with Callinellus Malleus and Kaom's Heart? But you kind of have to go crit to make use of this weapon, but the weapon itself and Callinellus Malleus both only have 5% base crit chance.

I don't have any ideas that seem particularly viable at the moment.
I was thinking the same but maby some day :p

I have the armor If i wanted to try and i can Even divine the armor better.

And use Duel Strike and not heavy strike

https://photos.app.goo.gl/tMcQmdMwatLRDjzs6

But still think it Will be to week :p
Last edited by BA3YDADDY on Dec 29, 2019, 11:41:54 PM
nice
Last edited by ipzz on Dec 30, 2019, 3:25:01 AM
OK, I respecced back into Warbringer and optimized the pathing a bit to take into account Kinetic Impacts.

I finally six-linked my Tidebreaker (probably spent about 3-4 ex worth of fusings, so still came out ahead). I have been clearing trash with:

heavy strike, multistrike, ancestral call, awakened melee splash, brutality and fortify

I really like this way better than using ground slam for clearing, which is just way too slow and not enough damage IMO. Multistrike is really in there only for smoothness of targeting. Unfortunately, the way single target strike skills work in POE, without multistrike, they are clunky as heck to target with.

I have not tried clearing Baran-inflenced red maps yet (which was previously giving me a lot of difficulty), so the jury is still out on this heavy strike set-up, but I will let you know. Everything else up through T15 maps has been a breeze to clear though.

Cyclone is still an option for clearing, but I think heavy strike should do the trick. With Ancestral call and the awakened melee spash gem, large packs now explode instantly. I can't imagine getting my hands on an awakened ancestral call. The awakened melee splash was pretty cheap (like 60c) compared to awakened ancestral call, which is going for 5 ex or more in Metamorph league. I imagine clearing would be an absolute joke if you could get awakened brutality and awakened multistrike on top of those. Adding Tribal Fury would probably be overkill.

Missed getting a pair of corrupted Empire's Grasp gloves with vulnerability on hit for 10c. The next cheapest pair is like 60c. Also need to get a heavy strike Devoto's.

I probably won't be able to afford another awakened gem this league, but we will see.

I should be attempting my first Sirus encounter in the next couple of weeks. will let you know how it goes. So far, the other conquerors I have been able to stun lock.
Last edited by JaguarXXX on Dec 30, 2019, 4:36:51 PM
"
BA3YDADDY wrote:
I was thinking the same but maby some day :p

I have the armor If i wanted to try and i can Even divine the armor better.

And use Duel Strike and not heavy strike

https://photos.app.goo.gl/tMcQmdMwatLRDjzs6

But still think it Will be to week :p

Just so you're aware of this:

Dual Strike, when it comes to calculating stuns, is that you hit with both weapons, and each weapon hits for its own damage, and this damage is used to calculate stun w/ this weapon's r.E.S.T.

For example, if you wield Callinellus Malleus w/ "15% reduced Enemy Stun Threshold" and "25% reduced Enemy Stun Threshold with this Weapon" and some damage modifiers on your main hand, and a white stone hammer w/ "15% reduced Enemy Stun Threshold" on your off hand. When you land a hit using Dual Strike, your hit w/ Callinellus Malleus will deal more damage and has 15%+15%+25%=55% r.E.S.T., your hit w/ the white stone hammer will deal less damage and has only 15%+15%=30% r.E.S.T. This is because the mod "25% reduced Enemy Stun Threshold with this Weapon" is local to Callinellus Malleus.

This separation in both damage and local r.E.S.T. makes Dual Strike and dual wielding in general weaker than Heavy Strike and 2-hand.
"
JaguarXXX wrote:
OK, I respecced back into Warbringer and optimized the pathing a bit to take into account Kinetic Impacts.

I finally six-linked my Tidebreaker (probably spent about 3-4 ex worth of fusings, so still came out ahead). I have been clearing trash with:

heavy strike, multistrike, ancestral call, awakened melee splash, brutality and fortify

I really like this way better than using ground slam for clearing, which is just way too slow and not enough damage IMO. Multistrike is really in there only for smoothness of targeting. Unfortunately, the way single target strike skills work in POE, without multistrike, they are clunky as heck to target with.

I have not tried clearing Baran-inflenced red maps yet (which was previously giving me a lot of difficulty), so the jury is still out on this heavy strike set-up, but I will let you know. Everything else up through T15 maps has been a breeze to clear though.

Cyclone is still an option for clearing, but I think heavy strike should do the trick. With Ancestral call and the awakened melee spash gem, large packs now explode instantly. I can't imaging getting my hands on an awakened ancestral call. The awakened melee splash was pretty cheap (like 60c) compared to awakened ancestral call, which is going for 5 ex or more in Metamorph league. I imagine clearing would be an absolute joke if you could get awakened brutality and awakened multistrike on top of those. Adding Tribal Fury would probably be overkill.

Missed getting a pair of corrupted Empire's Grasp gloves with vulnerability on hit for 10c. The next cheapest pair is like 60c. Also need to get a heavy strike Devoto's.

I probably won't be able to afford another awakened gem this league, but we will see.

I should be attempting my first Sirus encounter in the next couple of weeks. will let you know how it goes. So far, the other conquerors I have been able to stun lock.

I will probably give up my trash totem build in Metamorph later some time and test the new Heavy Strike setup in standard. It was pretty bad 2 leagues ago, but maybe this time it's finally viable to clear with Heavy Strike again.

One thing that I don't think we mentioned: have you tried Flicker Strike?
No, I haven't tried flicker strike.

What would we need to change?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info