[3.11] Shaper = Stunned, Tidebreaker Heavy Strike Stunner Build

Thx
I am using Daresso's Salute Amulet and I have the ress i need.

Would you chose another amulet? And If Yes wich one? If rare what stats?

What about Auls Uprising?

Daresso's gives so much damage but Yes it's on full life but are we not on full life the whole time?

Side note: What about using 6L chest with level 1 maim? Then you can get a 7L heavy Strike

I am using HS/DoFL/Ruthless/MPD/Brutality/Fortify and then 7L with the chest lvl 1 Maim?

Auras: Pride/

Thx man i know i am a pain :)
Last edited by BA3YDADDY on Dec 22, 2019, 7:57:06 AM
"
BA3YDADDY wrote:
I am using Daresso's Salute Amulet and I have the ress i need.

Would you chose another amulet? And If Yes wich one? If rare what stats?

What about Auls Uprising?

Daresso's gives so much damage but Yes it's on full life but are we not on full life the whole time?

Side note: What about using 6L chest with level 1 maim? Then you can get a 7L heavy Strike

I am using HS/DoFL/Ruthless/MPD/Brutality/Fortify and then 7L with the chest lvl 1 Maim?

Auras: Pride/

Thx man i know i am a pain :)

-Daresso's Salute
60% increased damage actually isn't much. We have tons of increased damage already and gaining another 60% would only be maybe 6% more damage if you're at a high level and have all the 20 quality gems. It doesn't have any life roll and the weapon range is now pointless. So although I would agree that it's usable, I don't think it's as good as a good rare amulet.

-Aul's Uprising
It can be a good choice. We could make use of War Banner(10% mana; ~8% more damage) on top of Blood and Sand for AoE skills, or Haste(50% mana; ~5% more damage, better mobility), or Herald of Purity(25% mana; ~7% more damage and some minion generation) and Aspect of Spider(25% mana, 1 affix on rare; ~9% more damage) or maybe Arctic Armour(25% mana, some defense).
The lack of resists on Aul's Uprising means we need to go for a pair of rare gloves, which isn't a big deal.
The bigger problem here is the price and availability. A Pride Aul's Uprising is quite difficult to obtain, and might not be realistic for most people.

-Rare amulet
We can look for a good life roll, flat physical damage roll(less important), mana leech(if you don't have one already); resists, dexterity; and an empty affix for some crafting(mana cost, focus, AoE, damage while leeching, etc.). It's just a pretty good choice overall.

-Rare chest w/ Maim Support
We already have a 7-link from Tidebreaker. Endurance Charge on Melee Stun is 24% more damage at 6 endurance charges, and a level 1 Maim Support from chest is only 15% more damage. (We get Maim effect already from Flesh and Stone + Maim Support).
So unless you really don't like swapping between 2 weapons, I don't see a point in getting a Maim Support chest.
You can maybe justify going for a rare chest if you can make use of more sockets and can find some really good rolls on the chest. But I would say Kaom's Heart is usually a better choice here, for the 500 life it offers.
Lest say i will be using Pride/Fleshandstone/Bloodandsand/Maim
Plus War banner

And then add a Aul uprising

Nearby enemies 10% reduced stun and Block recovery and free Vitality Aura + Strenght, life and armor?.

Yes Getting a Aul with Pride is high in price and would be Best then i can add a haste.

Thx
"
BA3YDADDY wrote:
Lest say i will be using Pride/Fleshandstone/Bloodandsand/Maim
Plus War banner

And then add a Aul uprising

Nearby enemies 10% reduced stun and Block recovery and free Vitality Aura + Strenght, life and armor?.

Yes Getting a Aul with Pride is high in price and would be Best then i can add a haste.

Thx

My previous comments were for Aul's Uprising w/ Pride. If you're considering one w/ for example Vitality, then it's a different story.

Nearby enemies have 10% reduced stun and block recovery = 10% increased stun duration, which is kind of minuscule. Up to 70 flat life and 30 strength is good, but also obtainable from rares. 20% armour is quite useless. And a free Vitality aura... well it's just 1.65% life regen, definitely not good enough to justify going for this amulet in my opinion.

An Aul's Uprising w/ either Pride or Haste can be good, but otherwise I really don't see them being good enough. The much higher price of the Pride version kind of shows that as well.

Last questions and I will leave you alone :D

The wheel with the keynote Disiple of the unyielding? Not worth taking?

Thx again for the help
"
BA3YDADDY wrote:
Last questions and I will leave you alone :D

The wheel with the keynote Disiple of the unyielding? Not worth taking?

Thx again for the help

It's easy to evaluate the worth of Disciple of the Unyielding wheel. Say you have 7 endurance charges (3 base + 3 from passives + 1 from corruption), then the 4 nodes give:

1st node: 35% stun duration
2nd node: 1.4% life regen
3rd node: 21% AoE
4th node: 35% inc damage (1 minimum endurance charge and charge generation are pretty useless)

We need to spend at least 1 additional passive point to travel to this cluster, so the cost of getting these is 5 points.

Does the wheel have enough value for 5 points? Sort of yes. But none of these benefits (stun duration, life regen, AoE, inc damage) are our 1st priorities (like r.E.S.T., max life, attack speed, fortify effect, etc.) Also there is this problem that stun duration works only towards bosses and AoE works only while clearing trash - so this wheel doesn't serve a concentrated purpose.

Overall, I wouldn't recommend taking this node. But if you get like 7 endurance charges and have spare passive points, it may not be a bad idea to go for it.

EDIT: I don't mind these questions at all. In fact, since I have been working on this build for so long, many of the decisions I made were made several leagues ago, and it's easy for me to overlook them. Getting those questions help me rethink about these choices and catch things that I missed. So I actually really like to see more comments/suggestions/questions.
Last edited by brightwaha on Dec 23, 2019, 10:45:48 AM
Thx man Nice to know i can just ask :)

Aura's?

Hatred + herald of ash + Flesh&Stone/Maim?

Or Prime + Flesh&stone/Maim + War banner + blood and Sand?

What setup is strongest?
"
BA3YDADDY wrote:
Thx man Nice to know i can just ask :)

Aura's?

Hatred + herald of ash + Flesh&Stone/Maim?

Or Prime + Flesh&stone/Maim + War banner + blood and Sand?

What setup is strongest?

Historically, this build used Hatred and Herald of Ash. However, there is very little inventive to use Hatred right now. Pride offers more DPS even when you take out Brutality Support and try to deal mixed damage. The explosion effects from Herald of Ash is nice, but also not as good as the huge DPS gain from Flesh and Stone + Maim.

Hatred does offer a tiny bit of an advantage of chilling the mob and thus extending our stun duration, but it really doesn't offer much DPS and elemental damage doesn't have the 25% bonus in stunning as physical damage does.

So I believe you will always use Pride and Flesh and Stone and use Brutality in your 6-link. The only exceptions would probably be

1. that if you're playing with an aurabot or cursebot, which boosts your elemental damage high enough to make it worth it. Then you can take out Brutality and make use of damage flasks like Atziri's Promise, Sin's Rebirth and Taste of Hate.

2. that you can have gain added elemental damage or chaos damage Shaper/Elder mods from rares, have access to both Vulnerability and Elemental Weakness curse on hit corruption implicits from your gloves, get Whispers of Doom from amulet enchant, and get all 3 of the damage flasks mentioned above.
Heavy Strike Support gems

What about Rage Support? Multistrike? Added fire damage? Stun Support?

Thx man

Merry Christmas
Last edited by BA3YDADDY on Dec 24, 2019, 12:26:38 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info