[3.11] Shaper = Stunned, Tidebreaker Heavy Strike Stunner Build

How do we cause bleeding for bloodlust support if bloodlust itself prevents bleeding?
"
Sp0kie wrote:
How do we cause bleeding for bloodlust support if bloodlust itself prevents bleeding?

Bloodlust prevents bleeding from the primary skill you link it to (e.g. Heavy Strike). We can still apply bleed from other means, and in our case, it's going to be mostly Ancestral Warchief (maybe linked with Chance to Bleed).

Other skills if used, like Leap Slam or Frenzy would apply bleed as well, if you have access to bleed chances from Vulnerability or the passive tree.

Unless fighting real end-game bosses, there's actually little incentive to use Bloodlust. I usually use Damage on Full Life instead of Bloodlust as the 6th link just so I don't have to worry about inflicting bleeding.
The new bosses and awakener can be stun locked? Do we have info about the new bosses about their stun resists?
"
Elloktrik wrote:
The new bosses and awakener can be stun locked? Do we have info about the new bosses about their stun resists?

GGG didn't make any change to stun mechanics in this patch. So their stun threshold is proportional to their life. From PoEDB I see that the new boss doesn't have stun immunity, so I believe we can certainly stun it.

I haven't tried the new boss myself, but from Reddit it seems the new boss is very unfriendly to melee, and most danger is from the environment rather than the boss itself. So pure stun-locking the Awakener like what we do in the Shaper fight is probably not going to happen.
Using cyclone as main trash clear and heavy strike for boss then What about Impale for this build? Not usefull for a stun build?

Would the damage from impale count to the damage needed for stun locking the bosses?

Thx
"
BA3YDADDY wrote:
Using cyclone as main trash clear and heavy strike for boss then What about Impale for this build? Not usefull for a stun build?

Would the damage from impale count to the damage needed for stun locking the bosses?

Thx

Impale deals reflected damage, which cannot proc most on-hit effects, and that includes stun. So Impale doesn't help stunning in any way.

It does help us in a way that it boosts our DPS. However, Impale only starts to kick in after landing quite a few hits onto each mob, which means it doesn't really work w/ Heavy Strike (attack rate too slow) and it doesn't really work against trash (dies too quickly).

So I wouldn't recommend investing into Impale. I don't see it being effective enough.
"
brightwaha wrote:
"
BA3YDADDY wrote:

Thx

Impale deals reflected damage, which cannot proc most on-hit effects, and that includes stun. So Impale doesn't help stunning in any way.

It does help us in a way that it boosts our DPS. However, Impale only starts to kick in after landing quite a few hits onto each mob, which means it doesn't really work w/ Heavy Strike (attack rate too slow) and it doesn't really work against trash (dies too quickly).

So I wouldn't recommend investing into Impale. I don't see it being effective enough.

Thx man
Great build great fun :)
Last edited by BA3YDADDY on Dec 19, 2019, 3:06:36 PM
Stun duration? How Much is needed?

Thx
"
BA3YDADDY wrote:
Stun duration? How Much is needed?

Thx

It depends on quite a few things and there is no definite answer.

We naturally get 30% from Tidebreaker, 30% from Ryslatha's Coil. From the passive tree, we also might get 40% from the Skull Cracking wheel, 10% from Spincruncher, 20% from Stun Mastery (up to 70% if you take the side nodes), and 30% from Kinetic Impacts. It's also very easy to get jewels with stun duration mods.

While mapping, you usually don't have to worry about stun duration if you get the 2 uniques and maybe some stun duration from the tree or jewels.

However, to stun-lock end-game bosses, especially if you're not very well-geared yet, you want as much stun duration as possible - until you reach a stage when you can consistently stun-lock. But because our DPS heavily affects your stun capability as well, it's very difficult to tell if you can consistently stun-lock before doing the boss.

So overall, you should just try to get stun duration mods on your jewels and get some basic stun passives like Stun Mastery. When you start doing say Guardian maps and noticed stunning doesn't work well enough (chances are, Guardians are easy to stun-lock as long as you get a 6-link Tidebreaker), you can refund some life nodes and allocate some points to Kinetic Impacts to boost your chances of stun-locking.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info