[2.6]400K+DPS FreezingPulse is Back Perma Freeze T15(Shield Charge Ver Update/FrostBolt For Fun)

"
alexvsevil wrote:
Looks really awesome, been wanting FP to be good for a long time but it always feels a bit derpy. Seeing how you cleaned up those bosses gives me faith.

My big concerns are

1. Lack of sustain (is warlords mark enough? what about using vessel of vinktar and maybe investing in some flask nodes?)
2. Freeze chance before I have min maxed gear? (IE just level 19 gems, no empower, under level 90, etc) its understandable i wont be able to freeze t15 bosses on a 200c budget but like...what about up to t10 or something?
3. Guardians (can't be frozen, have you still done them and how hard was it?)

1.Sustain would be pretty enough for T1-15 maps
2.go for the jewel and hyalcyon,it would help you,empower is not necessary,in case it only boost you another 10% more.It would still working fine by using a Increase Cri Dmg.
3.I am a mapping player so i haven't do any Guardians before,but i do a hydra for you,you can check it in the video now.it's posted by torment,i died a few times.but the damage is pretty good enough,just need some skill.(pretty sure i don't have enough skill)
Gaming Life
Last edited by kenhoyt on Mar 22, 2017, 10:19:00 AM
"
foojin wrote:
What do you think about the Pious nodes instead of the other 2 separate ones? It seems better for sustain \ survivability \ bosses. I'm also a bit of a sucker for lightning warp at the cost of fortitude.

many people asked me for the ascendancy node.you can check out the reply i've made before
and you are always moving,so the ground actually not boost you that good.
Gaming Life
I like the build, since I like freezing pulse as a skill but I feel like you move sooo slow across the map - without high frenzy charges, alot movementspeed or good attack speed for whirling blades, it feels so clunky to move =(
"
morfer wrote:
I like the build, since I like freezing pulse as a skill but I feel like you move sooo slow across the map - without high frenzy charges, alot movementspeed or good attack speed for whirling blades, it feels so clunky to move =(

of course you can't compare it to vaal spark/vaal fireball those thing are just insane.
I could say it's working nice for a build which are playable.
I am still enjoyable to playing it and i am 95 now.
and actually i don't do indoor maps like overground ruin,just for showcase
Gaming Life
Last edited by kenhoyt on Mar 23, 2017, 7:21:19 AM
Na, the clearspeed is fine when it comes down to actually killing packs - but to move from pack to pack across the map feels so slow, thats what i wanted to say..

GGG really have to get a good caster equivalent for whirling blades - lightning warp needs a 4l and is kinda clunky, wb / shield charge is just insane fast for all the melee attack builds - casters are kinda fucked =/
"
kenhoyt wrote:
"
alexvsevil wrote:
Looks really awesome, been wanting FP to be good for a long time but it always feels a bit derpy. Seeing how you cleaned up those bosses gives me faith.

My big concerns are

1. Lack of sustain (is warlords mark enough? what about using vessel of vinktar and maybe investing in some flask nodes?)
2. Freeze chance before I have min maxed gear? (IE just level 19 gems, no empower, under level 90, etc) its understandable i wont be able to freeze t15 bosses on a 200c budget but like...what about up to t10 or something?

2.go for the jewel and hyalcyon,it would help you,empower is not necessary,in case it only boost you another 10% more.It would still working fine by using a Increase Cri Dmg.
3.I am a mapping player so i haven't do any Guardians before,but i do a hydra for you,you can check it in the video now.it's posted by torment,i died a few times.but the damage is pretty good enough,just need some skill.(pretty sure i don't have enough skill)

thanks for the reply! yeah i think you could do at least hydra deathless if you were really on the ball, but that fight is definitely a 'bullet hell' style fight, and i think as softcore players we die because we get so damn impatient to go dps mode :P

"
morfer wrote:
Na, the clearspeed is fine when it comes down to actually killing packs - but to move from pack to pack across the map feels so slow, thats what i wanted to say..

GGG really have to get a good caster equivalent for whirling blades - lightning warp needs a 4l and is kinda clunky, wb / shield charge is just insane fast for all the melee attack builds - casters are kinda fucked =/

keep in mind hes using maligaro instead of insanity gloves, which is an insane difference. also, theres a lot of attack speed you can path to in tree if you want. unfortunately you can't have it all, if you want max deeps and to do the harder bosses you might have to give up movement capabilities to push for dmg xP but hey on the other hand you probably won't see spark deal with bosses as easily as this build, even with a mirrored dagger...
"
alexvsevil wrote:
"
kenhoyt wrote:
"
alexvsevil wrote:

My big concerns are

thanks for the reply! yeah i think you could do at least hydra deathless if you were really on the ball, but that fight is definitely a 'bullet hell' style fight, and i think as softcore players we die because we get so damn impatient to go dps mode :P

"
morfer wrote:

keep in mind hes using maligaro instead of insanity gloves, which is an insane difference. also, theres a lot of attack speed you can path to in tree if you want. unfortunately you can't have it all, if you want max deeps and to do the harder bosses you might have to give up movement capabilities to push for dmg xP but hey on the other hand you probably won't see spark deal with bosses as easily as this build, even with a mirrored dagger...

yeah,you guys are so amazing to helping me to improve the build,i would do a video for using insanity gloves & skyforth for using shield charge for mapping.(farming progress,when i got one,just for the 30% movement speed,i dont have a 30%movemen speed boot now and i don't want to buy one.)
Gaming Life
Last edited by kenhoyt on Mar 23, 2017, 12:40:55 PM
I am using more or less the same build with one big difference - I've invested in the Breath of Rime wheel, which gives you 50% increased freeze duration, which in turn helps alot with perma freezing bosses. May not be necessary if your hits are over the freeze threshold of bosses tho.

You can check the skill tree here:
Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUBAAKWAx4FQgdjCaoMUg18D6sRDxEvEVAV1xa_F1QYahslHNwdFB1PH0Ekiyj6KgsqOCsKLJwsvy0fMtE1uTlSOw1BlkVHSVFLrkwtTLNQQlF0UzVT1FZjV8lYB1xrXfJfamSdbRlwUn_GhEiExYauidOLjIw2jYKOZI7pjxqPRo_6km6TJ5Ugm6GbtZ7EnwGhL6KjppmmvqcIpyuouayYrrO2-riTvFa-isBmwJrBxcHzwzrDbcu90B_Q0ND10eTSfNlb2fzmgekC6-7r9ewY7-vw1fId96b31_nd?accountName=majna&characterName=MaryjaneAuryn
Hey, im doing this build as a Witch, any toughts u can give me? Or i must reroll ? :X
Question - I know tooltip doesn't matter in some situations, but I have been using faster casting instead of controlled destruction while leveing and it feels alot smoother and has a slightly higher tooltip. I know CD has a more multiple which applies to all damage, but what does that really include with freezing pulse? Basically is it that much of a loss to not use CD?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info