[3.2] SRS/Zombies Necromancer

I am currently running this build and I'm having major survival issues in even the most basic maps. I have no idea what I've done wrong here, I've followed the guide as closely as possible, substituting pieces only when necessary for resists. Is no one else having this problem? My damage seems to be great but I can't survive some pretty basic encounters. Is there a way to link my gear/tree to get some advice? Is it publicly visible?
"
finiarel wrote:
Hello,

I have a question about Elemental Equilibrium.

Does it work with hatred ?

If not,

If I don't often use ball lightning, it will decrease my dps, right ?

Thanks

Elemental Equilibrium will only trigger with elemental damage from you, so if you cast ball lightning and hit the mob it will take more damage from your zombies hatred. Your zombies hitting with hatred won't apply EE at all but hatred damage will be buffed after your ball lightning hits - so try cast ball lightning on tougher mobs as it is a big damage increase, but you won't lose damage from hatred if you don't cast it.
"
MoistCreams wrote:
I am currently running this build and I'm having major survival issues in even the most basic maps. I have no idea what I've done wrong here, I've followed the guide as closely as possible, substituting pieces only when necessary for resists. Is no one else having this problem? My damage seems to be great but I can't survive some pretty basic encounters. Is there a way to link my gear/tree to get some advice? Is it publicly visible?

Hi there, go in your profile and set your characters to public so I can help. You may want to get whispers of doom and dual curse enfeeble+temp chains if you are having issues with surviving.
Hi there !

I'm currently loving this necro build. I've got resists capped, 1k+ str and I've been doing T10+ maps more or less easily. Some actually require some attention while others are brainless spamming and running around. So far I've killed yellow Elder and regular Atziri. I was lucky with fusing 6 linked Covenant under 100 fusings so that helped a lot.

So... I've been wondering, any ideas to improve this build without completely switching it ?
"
Agon1ze wrote:
Hi there !

I'm currently loving this necro build. I've got resists capped, 1k+ str and I've been doing T10+ maps more or less easily. Some actually require some attention while others are brainless spamming and running around. So far I've killed yellow Elder and regular Atziri. I was lucky with fusing 6 linked Covenant under 100 fusings so that helped a lot.

So... I've been wondering, any ideas to improve this build without completely switching it ?

Hi there, you can switch to a 6-l zombie setup in your convenant and a 4-L skeleton setup in your baron. Swap out puppet master ascendancy for bone sculptor. This will give you more single target damage, and will make end game bossing much easier. I would suggest playing this with the necro aegis variant if you are good at dodging :). Also slot in a from dust jewel to make summon skeletons better.

baron links: Summon skeletons - minion damage - melee phys - ruthless
body links: Raise zombie - minion damage - melee phys - add accuracy - maim - ruthless/melee splash.
"
dupie wrote:
"
MoistCreams wrote:

Hi there, go in your profile and set your characters to public so I can help. You may want to get whispers of doom and dual curse enfeeble+temp chains if you are having issues with surviving.

Done! I get the feeling that most of my problems come from the fact that I haven't hit the 1000 STR cap yet. I'm just finding it incredibly difficult to get that much strength, even when stacking. I'm up to about 550 right now but can't really go any further. I'm imagining a lot of that strength comes from the percent-based increase granted by the recommended jewels?
"
MoistCreams wrote:
"
dupie wrote:
"
MoistCreams wrote:

Done! I get the feeling that most of my problems come from the fact that I haven't hit the 1000 STR cap yet. I'm just finding it incredibly difficult to get that much strength, even when stacking. I'm up to about 550 right now but can't really go any further. I'm imagining a lot of that strength comes from the percent-based increase granted by the recommended jewels?

Hi there, I just had a look at your gear and you should do some shopping for better gear. Firstly you should replace haste for purity of elements so you can make it easier to cap resistances. I would then focus on buying better rings, gloves and belt. Try to get rings with decent resists and 35+ strength and an open prefix to craft life on it. Most of your strength will come from jewels, so be sure to get those as soon as possible and place them correctly. Don't worry about strength stacking until you have good life+capped resists. Check out my character cpd and look at the rares I have, all of them were bought for a couple chaos and what you should be aiming for.
hello i have answer. Body armour is still The Covenant? And what links on armour? sorry for that im newbie but this build is awesome at early game. Thanks for leveling guide, still do it ;)
Hello Dupie,

why do you use Elemental Weakness and not Vulnerability?
"
babel95 wrote:
hello i have answer. Body armour is still The Covenant? And what links on armour? sorry for that im newbie but this build is awesome at early game. Thanks for leveling guide, still do it ;)

Yes the body is still the covenenant, you can see the links under the Gems and Links section in the guide.

Summon Raging Spirits (Body):
(1L)Summon Raging Spirit
(2L)Melee Physical Damage
(3L)Minion Damage
(4L)Elemental Damage with Attacks(Single) / Melee Splash(AoE)
(5L)Additional Accuracy
(6L)Elemental Focus/Minion Speed/Spell Echo

"
korisch1985 wrote:
Hello Dupie,

why do you use Elemental Weakness and not Vulnerability?

You use ele weakness because a lot of your damage comes from hatred + EE, it will also increase the damage of your zombies + srs combined more than vulnerability does :)
Last edited by dupie on Mar 26, 2018, 12:28:53 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info