[3.0] How to Flicker. Terminus Est Edition!

"
zell580 wrote:
"
plopshadoow wrote:
Hi,

Atziri's Acuity work like Vaal Pact with Endless Hunger ? Because i really like to sustain Blood rage with Endless Hunger.

I don't have the currency to actually try it so if you can tell me ^^'

(Sorry for my bad english)

It does work. Vaal Pact stops Life Regen. Endless Hunger gives Life Leech.

So the gloves give you instant life leech when you're not full life but when you're, it sustain blood rage ? am i right ?
"
plopshadoow wrote:
"
zell580 wrote:
"
plopshadoow wrote:
Hi,

Atziri's Acuity work like Vaal Pact with Endless Hunger ? Because i really like to sustain Blood rage with Endless Hunger.

I don't have the currency to actually try it so if you can tell me ^^'

(Sorry for my bad english)

It does work. Vaal Pact stops Life Regen. Endless Hunger gives Life Leech.

So the gloves give you instant life leech when you're not full life but when you're, it sustain blood rage ? am i right ?

Sorry, I misread your original question.

Atziri's Acuity[wiki] says "Leech applies instantly on Critical Strike." This leads me to believe that the leech you gain from a critical strike applies instantly. So the Endless Hunger leech is applied separately.
Thank you for your awesome guide :)
I made an flicker character using your guide and it's pretty powerful, I can do t16 map without any problem, don't know if my character can do Shaper or not, wanna try it out after I have more currency. I'm currently grinding my way into a HeadHunter, and is there any suggestion for improvement to be made for my character? I don't know how I can push the character further, my character name is "HitAWall". Thanks and Keep up the fantastic work!
@Nuraihyon
Now about the Merciless lab. I think that zell580 already explained it pretty good, but i'll echo what he said anyway. First of all going in with just a 4L flicker strike means that you don't have fortify (which is pretty bad when it comes to your survivability). Second your gear severely lacks life (yet another blow to your survivability). Being level 73 (which can be ok if you are ok in every other department) and the fact that you don't successfully dodge huge hits doesn't help either. And i can assure you that you can do the Merciless Lab without Kaom ... after all i did it without it, and many players that i've talked to don't play with Kaom's Heart at all.

@plopshadoow
Now i will explain this as simply as possible. After testing i can 100% confirm that Endless Hunger + Vaal Pact = Instant leech + constant loss of life due to Blood Rage, essentially Life Leech effects ARE removed at Full Life which makes Endless Hunger pretty useless (and i really don't recommend grabbing Vaal Pact), Endless Hunger + Atziri's Acuity = instant leech + you don't loose life due to Blood Rage at all, because your Life Leech effects ARE NOT removed at Full Life.

@Thewhy
I honestly don't think that there is something to improve anymore (besides hitting level 100, and getting perfect rolls on everything... and that's a bit absurd)

@zell580
Yeah i'll totally add index or something for quick ctrl+f search to help readability. Thanks for the suggestion! As for focusing on one monster, that can indeed be annoying (for example trying to focus on a breach lord randomly spawned in a breach), sadly i don't think that there is a way besides just pointing at the monster and holding the RMB (or whatever key you've bind your Flicker strike to) but that too hides risks as your character will just run to the monster.

P.S.
Added a new video - Uber Labyrinth
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Mar 23, 2017, 9:21:49 AM
what about Carnage Heart, now has increase damage while leech, also gives you leech.
Good point. Not a bad amulet indeed, the damage while leeching is nice, the extra leech and the increased leech per second is ok, and the huge amount of attributes is perfect for taking care of the intelligence needs of the build. I think that a rare amulet can be better (life and resists, crit chance/multi, physical damage) but Carnage Heart is alright.

P.S.
Added 3 new Breach lord videos and an INDEX to the guide.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Mar 23, 2017, 11:25:28 AM
"
KorgothBG wrote:
Now about the Merciless lab. I think that zell580 already explained it pretty good, but i'll echo what he said anyway. First of all going in with just a 4L flicker strike means that you don't have fortify (which is pretty bad when it comes to your survivability). Second your gear severely lacks life (yet another blow to your survivability). Being level 73 (which can be ok if you are ok in every other department) and the fact that you don't successfully dodge huge hits doesn't help either. And i can assure you that you can do the Merciless Lab without Kaom ... after all i did it without it, and many players that i've talked to don't play with Kaom's Heart at all.

Fair point about Fortify, I guess I'll just keep mapping until I can afford a 5L (6L is never happening unless I get phenomenally lucky, which never happens).
Obviously my gear is sub-optimal, but am I really that unusual for believing that you should be able to take even Izaro's weak hits? I have a glass cannon summoner build that has basically zero health or ES and that can survive them, but this build gets one-hit by literally any attack from him or the goddess. Even in the uber lab, the only things I've had to worry about before were Izaro's big attacks.
Last edited by Nuraihyon on Mar 23, 2017, 12:23:47 PM
Honestly i have no idea why that's the case for your because it definitely wasn't the case for me. But yeah, the lack of life and fortify (20% flat reduction) combined with the 47%(!) icnreased damage from your Abyssus definitely doesn't lead to anything good. 5L is dirt cheap and i honestly don't see how yo can't achieve that in a matter of few hours of gameplay. Are you not doing unID chaos recipes? I don't know... your situation is a bit of a mystery to me :/

P.S. At least get an Atziri's Promise flask - it literally costs >1c while giving insane damage boost and extra leech.
Last edited by KorgothBG on Mar 23, 2017, 1:00:49 PM
"
KorgothBG wrote:
Honestly i have no idea why that's the case for your because it definitely wasn't the case for me. But yeah, the lack of life and fortify (20% flat reduction) combined with the 47%(!) icnreased damage from your Abyssus definitely doesn't lead to anything good. 5L is dirt cheap and i honestly don't see how yo can't achieve that in a matter of few hours of gameplay. Are you not doing unID chaos recipes? I don't know... your situation is a bit of a mystery to me :/

P.S. At least get an Atziri's Promise flask - it literally costs >1c while giving insane damage boost and extra leech.

I'm doing it, but the unid chaos recipe's largest limiter is rings. The cheapest 5L Terminus Est that isn't worse than my current one costs 58 chaos(at least, that's what's showing on poe.trade at the time I'm writing this). Usually I average at ~1 rare ring per map, so I would need to complete 58 maps, give or take. This build has pretty good clear speed, but I don't know if it's good enough to complete 58 maps within a couple of hours.
Though I can get a 5L Belly of the Beast for much less.
I have an Atziri's Promise, I just haven't been using it because my DPS is generally good enough. I suppose I should just replace a health flask though, because I only ever die to one-hits so it's not like the health flask is really doing anything for me.
(Also, I think you meant it costs <1c. '>' is the greater than sign.)
Well it's not like you don't get any currency drops at all right? In any case just ... grind and you'll get there ^^

P.S. And yes, i meant less than a chaos :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info