[3.0] How to Flicker. Terminus Est Edition!

Get Taste of Hate and you'll need a 6L
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
What do you think about taking Crimson Dance?
It's not worth it in my opinion, given the low chance to cause bleeding .. and the overall low bleeding damage without any other support (of which this build has none)
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
on a 5l daresso's defiance what should my flicker strike set up be?
Last edited by Thewolfgate on Aug 20, 2017, 5:14:29 PM
That is explained literally in the beggining of the guide.

"
KorgothBG wrote:
1.. Skills and Support gems

Flicker Strike + Multistrike + Melee Physical Damage + Increased Critical Strike + Fortify + Melee Damage on Full Life

Short explanation
This is your Flicker strike gem setup and the support gems are listed in order of importance. Note that the links are listed with the Slayer’s Impact in mind. If for some reason you decide to use a different Ascendancy sub-class then you must use Melee Splash as it is just as important as Multistrike! It is also worth noting that the build is absolutely playable with just 4 linked Flicker Strike (up to a certain point).
Last edited by KorgothBG on Aug 20, 2017, 5:32:46 PM
This build is great fun. I have been sailing through maps and I can easily get through everything up until tier 11 no problem. I haven't had any higher tiers drop yet. I had held off doing Uber lab until I tried it today. I tried to kill Argus and he killed me twice before I decided I wasn't ready. Now I'm not sure if today was just a rough day for Lab but his hits would hit me for about 90% of my hp. I'm at 5235 hp. I think my damage is fun but my ability to survive big hits is pretty weak. What can I do to fix this? Do some people change out skills or gear for bosses? Is the Abyssus making those big hits hurt that much more? Would using a rat's nest for Uber lab be better for survivability until I can get my acuity? Thanks for any help or insight you can give. Great build!

Hi there im still sort of new to PoE but what confuses me is that ur linked build has resolute technique... which says u never deal critical hits... yet this build stacks tons of crit and the sword generation aspect requires them... so im confused, does the game still count crit hits even if they r instead forced to be normal? sorry, im just confused still about that certain part of the build.
"
Ultima1337 wrote:
Hi there im still sort of new to PoE but what confuses me is that ur linked build has resolute technique... which says u never deal critical hits... yet this build stacks tons of crit and the sword generation aspect requires them... so im confused, does the game still count crit hits even if they r instead forced to be normal? sorry, im just confused still about that certain part of the build.

You get the critical nodes BESIDE resolute technique, you don't get resolute technique because as you pointed out, it would kinda kill the build :)

*I also have 4 jewels that are 7% life + double damage mod, currently 3 equipped, will get my final jewel slot next level.

I feel like short of getting a 6L perfect terminus (~100c just for a perfect terminus, which would only be a 4% damage increase approx for the sword, not counting the 6th link), atziri's acuity and headhunter i've more or less maxed out this build considering harbinger is still only like 2 weeks old.

I'm sitting at 6.4k hp and ~385k dps fully buffed (36k flickers * 9.7 attack speed + 10% intimidate) but i still haven't moved past tier 11 and i kind of frequently die to the shaped racecourse tri-boss. If I have temp chains or vulnerability or they have boosted damage, i'm probably taking a death (granted i'm usually an idiot and try to fight all 3, and end up effectively getting 1 shot.)

T10 mesa is fine, if i run up to oak with full charges I can usually blow him up before he even gets his first immortal call off.

Just not sure what more I can do to really improve upon myself outside farming massive amounts of currency.

And given that my resists are 75/90/90 with a belt of deceiver on, i don't know if i should just keep it on because of the great perks it gives or move to a rare belt just to get a bunch more HP.
Last edited by Bloodytrailz on Aug 21, 2017, 11:05:00 AM
@Ultima1337
Are you sure mate? Because i'm looking at it and it does not have Resolute Technique allocated? Maybe some of the leveling trees has it due to a missclick. Care to link me the said tree?

@Bloodytrailz

Well besides the Acuity and 6L there isn't a lot of room for improvement, though those 2 things make a huge difference.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info