[3.0] How to Flicker. Terminus Est Edition!

"
Awks wrote:

Because Hatred gives 36% extra while HoA gives 15%, unless you have a whole lot of elemental dmg to atks on gear & nodes. There is 0 way you can catch up to Hatred with HoA.

Get enlighten and run both.

You are right. Hatred give a lot of damage. But the clear speed is slower without HoA, cuz HoA can effect multiple targets. Btw, thank you for your advice.
"
Is there a reason why I can't get past most tier 10 bosses without getting one shot? I feel pretty min maxed for my level (besides clearing uber lab), and just wondering how I could improve my survivability in boss battles. Thanks!

Set account to public so we can see your character.
"
roguemjb wrote:
"
Is there a reason why I can't get past most tier 10 bosses without getting one shot? I feel pretty min maxed for my level (besides clearing uber lab), and just wondering how I could improve my survivability in boss battles. Thanks!

Set account to public so we can see your character.

Updated it to public. I changed my build around a bit since I posted. Tried to take away Abyssius and seem to still do adequate damage. Also grabbed Vitality Void for the extra leech. Havent been able to test it too much but the one T11 I did went well.
Anyone try out light poachers helm any good for us?
Also I'm debating getting retch or 5link terminus next what do you guys think !
Still viable this build?
yes it is, still a lots of fun. oskarm are really nice but for assasin mark better look for good shaped ring now. better get 5link terminus and then try other stuff like light poacher or retch thats my opinon
"
Molfman5 wrote:
Anyone try out light poachers helm any good for us?
Also I'm debating getting retch or 5link terminus next what do you guys think !

Haven't tried the Lightpoacher but the Spirit Burst seems to be a Physical Projectile Spell (pls someone confirm, wiki has nothing on this)? Not the greatest for our scaling. On top of that the helm has no crit values and we normally get some good crit chance or multiplier from that slot. Lastly it helps with map clear speed, something this build is already great at. All that being said if you like it, go for it! You'll have to tweak around some of the other gear and your bossing will not improve. But if you like the particles and colours, do it!

The Retch seemed like a nice damage option for me too at first. But with no resists on up to 5 gear slots due to them being uniques or blocked (shield) it will be very hard to max your resists. Again, depending on your setup, it might be an option for you. But a nice rare belt will add the same damage while providing much needed defenses.
Last edited by Monti_Jones on Dec 28, 2017, 2:21:19 PM
I just want to post and say this is the most fun I've had playing PoE in a while.

Just like the post on reddit said, you don't really play flicker, it plays you.

Despite the various frustrations (please stop teleporting me back to mobs that spawned earlier in the abyss crack), I still consistently find myself having fun.

I am at ~350k POB dps currently with a 5 link.

Saving up now for a 6link terminus.

My char this league is "GarbageStrike" for flicker if you wanna see what im wearing

6400 life currently

if anyone has any other advice for me on items lmk. Still trying to figure out what to do with my ring slots.
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
MSI RX 2080
Samsung 980 Pro SSD
32GB GSkill Trident-Z
"
Eep wrote:
I just want to post and say this is the most fun I've had playing PoE in a while.

Just like the post on reddit said, you don't really play flicker, it plays you.

Despite the various frustrations (please stop teleporting me back to mobs that spawned earlier in the abyss crack), I still consistently find myself having fun.

I am at ~350k POB dps currently with a 5 link.

Saving up now for a 6link terminus.

My char this league is "GarbageStrike" for flicker if you wanna see what im wearing

6400 life currently

if anyone has any other advice for me on items lmk. Still trying to figure out what to do with my ring slots.

I'd suggest ditching the carnage heart for a high int ammy with phys damage and crit multi and life, they're surprisingly cheap if you're not going for gg rolls. And getting rings with phys damage will help also. Eagle Eye cluster doesn't actually do much, check in PoB. Check everything in PoB actually, it's very handy. Also, get multi on jewels, far better than chance.

Everyone seems to go for acrobatics, but I don't find it worth, too many points for RNG defense, I'd rather get more life or dps like Brutal Blade. 7225 life beats having some dodge imo.
I have made a few deviation from the guide and I cannot be more pleased with flicker strike right now. Red maps are a breeze and you can facetank quite a bit except for obviously telegraphed one-shots. Character is CrackSurfer if you want to check it out. Peak dps at about 650k and i can have about 15k armour during lion's roar. I'll list a few things:

1) Iron reflex instead of the entire dodge tree. Rng wont save you, damage mitigation and vaal pack will. Especially since our tree is perfectly located to grab all the double dipping hybrid nodes.(note, with this you should ditch dofl for ruthless)

2) cwdt - blade vortex - power charge on crit - inc. Crit chance/orb of storm. Depending on your playstyle preference. Either way this will sustain all your charges even in 1 on 1 boss fights.

3) maim is your friend, in your 6l or with warchief/ice golem

4) i prefer 2 abyssal socket lightpoacher over abyssus. Flicker doesnt need to clear faster, so a two link burst is just for charge generation. I have never stopped awkwardly in the middle of a pack with lightpoacher. The true hero is abyssal jewels that give flat life and flat physical damage, which terminus so desperately needs with it's 1h dagger damage.

5) assassin's mark needs to go on either a ring or oskarm. Anyhow, with that out of the way, get a enlighten 4 and run hatred - arctic armour - herald of ash (in order of importance)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info