Wouldnt 1 premium granted on Finishing the game would solve many problems ?

As someone who has thrown a decent amount of money GGG's way, I wouldn't have a problem if they did this, personally I got my premium tabs before the public API was added so that was just a bonus anyway.

But I don't see it happening. While I agree that the trade system in PoE is woefully inadequate the band-aid solution of public premium tabs is only a stopgap answer. Not to mention, GGG needs to make money and does so almost solely off cosmetic microtransactions.

To complain you don't get more stash tabs or a premium stash tab for free when a lesser company would've probably added XP boosts to the shop by now is kinda silly.
I would not mind this if it helps gets the game more players.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
I dont see an issue with giving someone a premium tab the first time they finish the game by reaching level 100. So long as its a one off.

j/k

but seriously, regular tab? sure. Thats reasonable in a F2P game. a Premium tab is premium though, seriously you only need $1 to upgrade a current tab to premium, the game needs support and this is one of the largest areas.

If your invested enough in the game to need more than 3 tabs, your invested enough to contribute to it.
Last edited by Asmosis on Mar 10, 2017, 5:29:43 PM
honestly this is a great idea.

as of right now there is no motivation to kill merc malachai. i know i always skip him on any character that isn't my first, and the only reason why i'll kill him on my first is for the challenge hes linked to.

not only that, but hes right. it would be like "oh gee thanks guys i really appreciate that." "wow this tab is awesome and it adds so much to my storage, wonder how much it is to get more?" "oh its just 5 bucks. for the value in convenience in get in game that is hardly a cost at all!" *buys bundle of stash tabs*

*2 days later when stash tabs go on sale*
"fuck you GGG i literally just bought that shit, why couldn't i have waited. i'll never buy anything again until i see it go on sale"

because its true. the only time something goes on sale is just after you get fed up of waiting and purchase it for full price.
yeah, just make it an upgrade to premium, so they can use one of their's for trading. No reason to give out an extra stash
git gud and stop bitching, if u want premium tabs u have to pay for them
why do people get so butt hurt about a suggestion where people get ONE tab?

seriously...its one tab
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
this not only solve the problem of people complaining

The only problem with people complaining is that they need to personally fix their own issue and buy a premium stash tab. If they are playing enough to "need" a premium stash tab, then they are playing enough where the should support the game.

GGG gives plenty of free stuff (the game included) to players. People can earn free pets, free mtx and free alternate art items via playing the game.

If players don't continue to support the game, their will be no more Path of Exile. If I have to choose between GGG giving more things away to appease whiners and denying the whiners and continue to have Path of Exile exist - I will choose the latter 101 times out of 100.

"
xMustard wrote:

seriously...its one tab

One tab is only 30 points - $3.00

Even if someone is making 50 cents an hour, they could just not play PoE for 6 hours and work instead and be able to buy a premium tab. If they are making more than US minimum wage, it is less than one hours work.

It costs real money to make and maintain the game. Players that can't sympathize with that and expect free premium stash tab perks do not have my sympathy at all.

Considering that it is currently $1.00 to upgrade a tab, someone making minimum wage would have to work an entire 8 minutes and 16 seconds to be able to afford a premium tab.

"
SisterBlister wrote:
Only GGG can know which way this would work. They can probably check how many people bought exactly 1 extra tab and still stayed around a few months. If those numbers are low in comparison to how many people buy > 1 tab then the "free sample" theory wins, else the "tab = cash cow" wins.

I guess if GGG hasn't done this yet that the decision is already made. I'm sure their marketing dept is good enough to think of this...

I'm sure you've seen "Bogo" sales, where you buy one and get one free. How many times do you see plan old "Get One Free" sales? If they worked well, companies would use them more often. People will go after free stuff even if they don't really need or want it, and they very seldom make a purchase decision off of the free product. The exception being when a new product is introduced and free samples of the product are given out - which would be allowing people to play PoE for free.

"
Sexcalibure wrote:
"
TheBagman wrote:
I'd support a quest reward to upgrade a regular tab to premium.

But really, if you're serious enough about the game for stash tabs to be an issue, then GGG has probably earned your financial support. And really, if you simply can't afford the $5 US for a point bundle, I submit you have larger concerns than video games.
its not only about being able to afford it

you learn this in marketing classes, you have to make them take the first sip so they realize they like it and feel like " how did i managed to live without it so far..."
Make their mind switch from " wont pay for pixels, its just a game" to " Its Just 5$", the later in witch you seem to be and prove my point. People that pay already pay, but people that dont pay are possible buyers if you convince them

Having had to personally retrain people who went through marketing classes that reality is quite different - let's look at what you are suggesting:

If GGG gave away samples of free stuff, people would want more and buy.

GGG gives away free footprints, free pets, free weapon mtx, free armor mtx, free portal mtx, and free alternate art items. So, theoretically, the majority of those players should have sipped from the cup and already be supporting the game.

Why would someone need ONE premum tab? Other than naming and adding a color, the only real reason is to facilitate trade. How many trade tabs do they actually need? If they only need one, then giving them one is a disincentive. It would be like a car dealership giving people ONE free car in hopes that they would buy more.

Real world business data doesn't support free giveaways, which is why you don't see them very often (exception noted above).

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
Last edited by DalaiLama on Mar 10, 2017, 11:06:18 PM
"
xMustard wrote:

seriously...its one tab

Mostly because it never stops at "just one" of anything.

If a person can enjoy the game enough to play through all three difficulties, then they have technically beaten the core game as far as story is concerned. From that point forward it's just collecting stuff, grinding, and trying new characters. GGG already gave the player the first incentive by giving them a free game where the only things in the cash shop are cosmetics and stash tabs. Players also have around 20-24 character slots they don't have to pay for... mule some items.

It's not even an incentive to kill the boss on that difficulty. Since it's the final boss on the hardest difficulty, I'd rather see a loot pinata for the first kill on the account for the season. Make him guarantee 1 unique (from a certain pool of items), 5 gems, and 5 maps all with an increased chance for higher quality. There you go, an incentive to kill him without taking away even a single dollar from the cash shop. It's also a bunch of "stuff," so it promotes the "need" to collect enough change for a $10 Karma Coin card from Gamestop to buy some tabs.

I just think the tab would be lame; however, I would like there to be a worthwhile reward for the final boss kill the first time he dies on the account in the season.
"
DalaiLama wrote:

"
Sexcalibure wrote:
"
TheBagman wrote:
I'd support a quest reward to upgrade a regular tab to premium.

But really, if you're serious enough about the game for stash tabs to be an issue, then GGG has probably earned your financial support. And really, if you simply can't afford the $5 US for a point bundle, I submit you have larger concerns than video games.
its not only about being able to afford it

you learn this in marketing classes, you have to make them take the first sip so they realize they like it and feel like " how did i managed to live without it so far..."
Make their mind switch from " wont pay for pixels, its just a game" to " Its Just 5$", the later in witch you seem to be and prove my point. People that pay already pay, but people that dont pay are possible buyers if you convince them

Having had to personally retrain people who went through marketing classes that reality is quite different - let's look at what you are suggesting:

If GGG gave away samples of free stuff, people would want more and buy.

GGG gives away free footprints, free pets, free weapon mtx, free armor mtx, free portal mtx, and free alternate art items. So, theoretically, the majority of those players should have sipped from the cup and already be supporting the game.

Why would someone need ONE premum tab? Other than naming and adding a color, the only real reason is to facilitate trade. How many trade tabs do they actually need? If they only need one, then giving them one is a disincentive. It would be like a car dealership giving people ONE free car in hopes that they would buy more.

Real world business data doesn't support free giveaways, which is why you don't see them very often (exception noted above).

Compare apples with apple lol

Comparing Giving a car, which is a physical good that cost a lot to produce and that a person can only use one at a time

to a stash tab, pixels that can be generated at will with no cost and which the more you get the more qol you have

... its kinda far fetched

this is my counter argument

Online addictive hobbie

they give 1 month free cuz they know people will get hooked and wont be able to live without afterward

so are the tabs with their trading conveniances... the game revolves around trading afterall
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info