[3.9?] Sidefx Frost Blades - Hyped for Support +

Definitely struggling with getting enough life. Tried running Lightpoacher, but it didn't feel like it was helping my clear speed much given the already insane clear speed of frostblades. Was thinking Belly for chest to get more health. I'm sitting ~4k right now (using Tabula).
"
Yoluun wrote:
Definitely struggling with getting enough life. Tried running Lightpoacher, but it didn't feel like it was helping my clear speed much given the already insane clear speed of frostblades. Was thinking Belly for chest to get more health. I'm sitting ~4k right now (using Tabula).

I have 4.1k and am doing t13+ pretty easy, so i dont know.
Changes on a budget:
I have been running this with a 5 link made up for bossing billing on chest piece. I got a pair of shaped gloves with faster projectiles and accuracy and running Frostblades w/ ancestral call, multistrike, melee phys and frostblades, for extreme map clearing speed and to be lazy to avoid having to swap out ancestral call.

I decided to drop some nodes to pick up more jewel sockets to grab more abyssal jewels with added damage and +life.

I also picked up 2 bloodseekers, that have proven to have been a value investment. Essentially, they legacy vaal-pact. You definitely loose single target damage but I am still messing with combinations. I haven’t had the money to earn a touch of anguish, but I will definitely experiment with having one as an offhand. Overall, bosses are easy-ish with 5 a link.

ISSUES;
The biggest issue I have that I am hoping someone could enlighten me on is the mechanic and movement. I will use Bladeflurry as an example. When you have it as a right mouse button click, you can whirling blades all around the boss with it help down and it would essential auto-target the boss without having to select the boss with your cursor. If I have single target frostblades on the left mouse button and whirling blades on a key, (1,2,3,4, etc). It feels funky, like you only end up dashing straight forward and back to where you were. Then when you dash there, you end up selecting the boss, which makes you like dash in a line, back and forth. If there a way to target it like you would with blade flurry? Does it have to be in the right mouse button? I can post a video of this, if you would like to see it.
"
Sidefx06 wrote:

The main use of the helm is the heal for us so we can keep going fast. you socket Multi proj, lesser proj and atm im using Iron grip They are posted in the PoB

I used what you had in your updated POB last night, lesser project>greater proj>added cold. Maybe it does do big damage but I feel like most times I've already blown up the pack before any of the helms balls get anywhere. Heck a few times I feel like i out ran the balls to the next pack. I dunno, I'll have to keep looking at it I guess. I'm no pro. I'll try iron grip like you said.
...brings back fond D2 LoD memories...
"

Flat phys is always preffered

Is there a reason why it's added cold over melee physical damage then?
Last edited by CottonSwabs on Dec 14, 2017, 1:55:57 PM
"
ride1226 wrote:
"
Sidefx06 wrote:

The main use of the helm is the heal for us so we can keep going fast. you socket Multi proj, lesser proj and atm im using Iron grip They are posted in the PoB

I used what you had in your updated POB last night, lesser project>greater proj>added cold. Maybe it does do big damage but I feel like most times I've already blown up the pack before any of the helms balls get anywhere. Heck a few times I feel like i out ran the balls to the next pack. I dunno, I'll have to keep looking at it I guess. I'm no pro. I'll try iron grip like you said.

Try this: Crit Multi, Crit Chance, Faster Proj.

This is a physical skill with a whopping 7% base crit.
Spoiler
I might actually use whirling blades as a trigger and not FB at all. jk
"
Yoluun wrote:

Sitting in 4.3k at the moment...have a little patient...farm some currency and upgrade you gear.

We are just 1 week in the league...
@Sidefx06 I noticed that you don't have accuracy on your gear. Is accuracy not needed for frostblades?
Last edited by Ghato123 on Dec 14, 2017, 5:49:55 PM
Can someone look at my char?

I am already struggeling at t4 maps i dont really deal much dmg o.o

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info