[3.9?] Sidefx Frost Blades - Hyped for Support +

What is the best combo for frost blades in a 5L?

frost blades+Multistrike+wed+aded cold+cold pen+ ice bite

which one should i leave out?
"
Kajean wrote:
"
NonMagical wrote:
@Kajean

I feel like my stats aren't as far from yours as I initially worried according to your PoB link. However I feel like I hit a brick wall when I hit T13+. Often I am getting 1 shot by certain bosses (the goat boss in Gorge, for example, jumps on me and 1 shots me) however I don't have that much less HP than you and actually more armor. Any advice?

Here is my PoB link: https://pastebin.com/J5pqKEEQ

If you could give me any feedback it would be greatly appreciated. I really want to get to guardians but at my current level I think I'll just be 1 shot. I attempted Overgrown Shrine tonight that had some damage mods (couldn't change due to vaal orb).. I instantly got deleted in the boss room. Trash? Easy peasy. Just the bosses destroy.

Summary of stats:
589k PoB dps
4954 life
21k life leech
36% phys damage reduction
6% dodge
10% spell dodge
17% block
capped resists (chaos -21%)

Sorry, I seem to have left a lot of people confused. I did not do T14+ and Guardians with 5k health or the tree and gear I'm using right now. After I got level 95 I stopped doing T14+ and only farm T11-T13 so I dropped almost 1k health and got tons of damage and attack speed to farm currency fast for my new characters.

This is a PoB for my set up I had while leveling: https://pastebin.com/P3xVVieV

You don't have to go Iron Reflexes if you don't want to. I thought it was good though with Kaom's Roots. I had 5960 HP by the end of my leveling to 95. I usually wore Bisco (swapped to a real amulet on bosses) and had 5746 HP. So I had significantly more life than you.

I also had significantly more DPS than you. You said 589k PoB DPS but I looked at your pastebin and you had every single buff you could think of that your character could apply turned on (Assassin's Mark, Ancestral Protector, Frostbite, Frost Bomb, etc). I always tend to turn off most of that conditional stuff in PoB because they aren't reliable DPS to me. If I turned on all the stuff my character could do, PoB says I have 913k DPS. I don't go around saying I have almost a million DPS though. Throwing around PoB DPS numbers doesn't mean anything by itself. You gotta look at vs what target (standard monster, map boss, shaper, etc) they're talking about and what buffs they are factoring in.

Thanks Kajean, that paints a whole different picture for me. A few questions: With those stats did you find any particular T13-T15 bosses mostly unkillable? How about guardians? And my last question is one I've seen lots of people suggest, which is unspeccing out of the Duelist leech nodes once you have the claw nodes. This seems fine in theory because I leech to full super fast, but my concern is with reflect. Will the lower % of my damage leeched affect how vulnerable I am to reflect? Or with ToH up, should reflect not bother me even without those leech nodes?
Last edited by NonMagical on Aug 17, 2017, 4:37:17 PM
"
MrProtoX wrote:
What is the best combo for frost blades in a 5L?

frost blades+Multistrike+wed+aded cold+cold pen+ ice bite

which one should i leave out?

Ice Bite or Added Cold
What would be a good endgame-build to progress onto once you've set up this build for speedfarming T10-13? Just a generic Pathfinder TS/Barrage? A wanderfinder? Guess I'm looking for something that fills the gaps well this build leaves towards the higher end content.
"
blackytemp wrote:
What would be a good endgame-build to progress onto once you've set up this build for speedfarming T10-13? Just a generic Pathfinder TS/Barrage? A wanderfinder? Guess I'm looking for something that fills the gaps well this build leaves towards the higher end content.

I'm not having problems with farming shaper. pob shaper dmg 1.2mil 5900hp with abyssus.

Just farm maps til you can afford to get geared out

Haven't tried uber yet, but someone suggested dual strike. I'm thinking molten strike might work as well with minimal tree changes

PoB https://pastebin.com/sMEDLSFr
Last edited by WillieS on Aug 17, 2017, 6:44:32 PM
Last edited by Rozari on Aug 17, 2017, 7:30:57 PM
Is vaal lightning trap not worth using with this build? 15% increased damage still seems pretty good but i havent tested it in 3.0 yet. I dont think theres another choice for shocking bosses unless i missed something.

really good build thx

i have some question.

What is the level of the cwdt and immortal call?

if i link golem, Frost Bomb to cwdt, what is the level?

Last edited by pdohanq on Aug 17, 2017, 11:54:48 PM
I am currently 75, running this build. I feel like a glass cannon, i clear maps crazy fast but I die insanely fast. What kind of defensive stats should I be going for?
Hi, I strongly recommend to drop the two 4% life nodes near Thick skin and using them to take Heart of Oak instead, there are no downsides to it (expecially if not using kaom's roots).

Another suggestion might be to take Aspect of the Panther and Fangs of the Viper instead of the Jewel slot near blood drinker, unless you have a really good jewel that is worth 3 skill points or you really are in need of intelligence.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info