How is ssf going for u guys/girls? ^^

"
Prizy wrote:
You are hoping for a hail mary regal in the first place though. You have to hit hybrid or some kind of t1 phys roll to even be worth multimodding further imo.

Although this is a "free" multi since it dropped that way.
"
GreyLensman wrote:
"
Prizy wrote:
You are hoping for a hail mary regal in the first place though. You have to hit hybrid or some kind of t1 phys roll to even be worth multimodding further imo.

Although this is a "free" multi since it dropped that way.

Right... but the if you don't hit at least t3/t4 hybrid, t1 phys, or t1 phys % with the regal, the pDPS would be too low to even bother multimodding is what I mean.

I guess if you have tons of luck with annuls or a bunch of split beasts laying around.

I guess the point is in order to get to around 370 pdps at a minimum you would need to hit one of the mods I was stating. Anything lower and it wouldn't even be worth using 2ex in mod additions.

I hope what i'm saying makes sense.
Last edited by Prizy on Oct 21, 2019, 9:35:13 PM
ya i wouldn't use the split beast, but i was saying it is an option since another way was being asked.

i would use the split beast for something like a t15 blighted map, if you could get one, because it does duplicate the item.

i used a split beast on an item im crafting because i don't think i'll get a t15 blighted map in the time i plan on playing, but i really wanted to craft the item (still waiting to get the multimod craft, fuckin silver coins)
"
I guess the point is in order to get to around 370 pdps at a minimum you would need to hit one of the mods I was stating. Anything lower and it wouldn't even be worth using 2ex in mod additions.

I hope what i'm saying makes sense.

I appreciate the effort! I'm not really in a position where I'm thinking about a "final" weapon. My current swords are only ~260 pdps with no AS, so I figure that anything better, especially with AS, will be a nice improvement. I need to do a little playing in PoB, but I think I can do it with maybe 20c in bench mods. (Yes, I have the 1 ex level for some, but I would go for the next level, which run ~8c.) Anyway, need to test the damage increase in PoB first but it feels like it could be an inexpensive "next" weapon.

Not sure I ever get to a final weapon, since I'm not much into min-maxing, and generally move on to play with another build instead. Even in trade, I don't spend more than a few exalts total on a build.

If this logic doesn't make sense, feel free to share other thoughts. I'm always interested in different perspectives; there are a lot of ways to play the game.

Cheers, and thanks again.
Dipping my toes into SSF, I wanted to try a wandslinger Scion. I rediscovered how much it seems that GGG doesn't want people playing such a build. You don't even see a wand skill gem until level 12, and it can be very tough to find a good direct damage wand to tide you over until you get Power Siphon or Barrage.

But then, I wanted a challenge, and I got one. In spades. Be careful what you wish for... =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
GreyLensman wrote:
I appreciate the effort! I'm not really in a position where I'm thinking about a "final" weapon. My current swords are only ~260 pdps with no AS, so I figure that anything better, especially with AS, will be a nice improvement. I need to do a little playing in PoB, but I think I can do it with maybe 20c in bench mods. (Yes, I have the 1 ex level for some, but I would go for the next level, which run ~8c.) Anyway, need to test the damage increase in PoB first but it feels like it could be an inexpensive "next" weapon.

Not sure I ever get to a final weapon, since I'm not much into min-maxing, and generally move on to play with another build instead. Even in trade, I don't spend more than a few exalts total on a build.

If this logic doesn't make sense, feel free to share other thoughts. I'm always interested in different perspectives; there are a lot of ways to play the game.

Cheers, and thanks again.

In SSF, I would recommend you to farm for an iLvl 83 weapon and craft flaring on it.

Lucky regal for Dictator or Merciless and if you did not get lucky, annul and pray you get to keep Flaring on the weapon. Once you have that, go for multimod. You will be able to get a sword that gives 450 pdps.

P.S. Ignore the quality on the above weapon as it is a legacy roll.

On another note, probably gonna make a poison BV as league end character:
Spoiler
3rd Blight (Ledge I think?):
Still play SSF on my main account :)
Finally achieved 40/40 in SSF Blight.

Started off the league with Necro Spectre + Zombie. The power creep is ridiculous on this one as I was able to kill Uber Elder on day 5 of the league using Tabula.

Made a Pyro miner and was able to kill Uber Elder with 5L at level 89. That shows how ridiculous GGG has gotten on power creep.

Cyclone in Legion league was in no way comparable with Necro and Miner in Blight league so I am expecting some power balance on these 2 meta builds.

Necro Gears

Lethal Pride gives 40% increased Fortify effect when socketed near Devotion

Pyro Miner Gears

Poison BV Gears

Trying to 6L this so that I can switch to LL and keep myself entertained till new league starts.

RNG

P.S.: Blight could have been a better league if meta builds were not so insanely OP. They made the usual difficult and challenging content too easy.

Blight encounter in maps was a pain to clear (slow). I ended up skipping Blight encounters on the last 40% of my exp bar so that I can hit level 100 faster.

Blighted maps are too overwhelming at times.
well you didn't need to play either a necro or miner, but i understand why so many people do outside of it obviously being OP. they were reworked and hyped up. obviously people want to play because of that.
GGG just overtuned them in order to sell MTX, but i agree that would take the fun away a ton. at that point it almost feels like RMT. its like you're throwing GGG some money for an MTX and they're like ya we got your back - buff your power by 50x.

i know it isn't like that at all, but it feels like that at least to me. thats why i don't play builds that are drastically overtuned, seemingly, purposefully

either way 40/40 SSF is an insane achievement, and getting uber elder down in SSF on day 5 boggles my fucking mind. you must have been blowing through content and pumping those hours hard.
"
xMustard wrote:
well you didn't need to play either a necro or miner, but i understand why so many people do outside of it obviously being OP. they were reworked and hyped up. obviously people want to play because of that.
GGG just overtuned them in order to sell MTX, but i agree that would take the fun away a ton. at that point it almost feels like RMT. its like you're throwing GGG some money for an MTX and they're like ya we got your back - buff your power by 50x.

i know it isn't like that at all, but it feels like that at least to me. thats why i don't play builds that are drastically overtuned, seemingly, purposefully

either way 40/40 SSF is an insane achievement, and getting uber elder down in SSF on day 5 boggles my fucking mind. you must have been blowing through content and pumping those hours hard.

Well I am a meta slave :P and has been playing SSF since it was first introduced. I have never once felt that this meta thing is over tuned. Till now.

In previous leagues, it will normally take me a few weeks before I am confident enough that I can beat Uber Elder. This time round, I knew I can easily take him down when I beat Shaper.

As for meta MTX, I did not buy any minions MTX because besides Celestial Cat, the Celestial theme don't really appeal to me. But I know what you mean, for recent leagues, GGG has been tying MTX to meta shifts when they start a new league.

My main gripe here is that meta builds shouldn't have such a huge gap from non-meta builds. 10% to 20% better is probably fine. But 100% better? That will only push players to take the easiest way out. At least for myself, it will make me feel stupid if I do not pick meta builds to play in temp leagues.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info