How is ssf going for u guys/girls? ^^

"
Außenseiter wrote:
I want to complete 36 challenges for the cape and as you can see I'm struggling.
Map system is super SSF-unfriendly.

What barrier(s) are you facing for challenges?
"
seanxjohnson wrote:
"
Außenseiter wrote:
I want to complete 36 challenges for the cape and as you can see I'm struggling.

Maps I want not dropping, mods I want not rolling, some stuff being too git-gud heavy and every attempt to even learn it being super expensive and/or time consuming like breachstone challenges or mastermind challenge.

I migrated to trade league since my post and progressing SUPER fast.
I can just buy into runs, challenge maps, get gear I want, sell people gear they want, it's just so much freedom.
I literally had 5 exalts worth of currency and items, and I became only richer since then.
But what is an exalted orb in SSF? Trash.
What is build-enabling item that doesn't suit MY build? Trash.
You can't do anything with those items in ssf, just hoard them or vendor them for scraps.
And yeah I can just buy maps I need to progress. Turns out they are relatively cheap in general, even unique ones.

I'm not bashing SSF for what it is, a singleplayer mode, but if you want challenge prizes, SSF is pure suffering.
I like it. It lets me try out new builds I see.

I sold an Exalted Orb for 95 Chaos and got my first Tabula Rasa.
"
andy5421a wrote:
I like it. It lets me try out new builds I see.

I sold an Exalted Orb for 95 Chaos and got my first Tabula Rasa.

Don't think you know what SSF is. "Solo-Self-Found" No trading. An exalt is worth exactly one exalt. You don't "sell it".
My mistake. Yeah it was on Standard where i got the Tabula Rasa.
"
Außenseiter wrote:
"
seanxjohnson wrote:
"
Außenseiter wrote:

Maps I want not dropping, mods I want not rolling, some stuff being too git-gud heavy and every attempt to even learn it being super expensive and/or time consuming like breachstone challenges or mastermind challenge.

I migrated to trade league since my post and progressing SUPER fast.
I can just buy into runs, challenge maps, get gear I want, sell people gear they want, it's just so much freedom.
I literally had 5 exalts worth of currency and items, and I became only richer since then.
But what is an exalted orb in SSF? Trash.
What is build-enabling item that doesn't suit MY build? Trash.
You can't do anything with those items in ssf, just hoard them or vendor them for scraps.
And yeah I can just buy maps I need to progress. Turns out they are relatively cheap in general, even unique ones.

I'm not bashing SSF for what it is, a singleplayer mode, but if you want challenge prizes, SSF is pure suffering.

Gotcha, well good luck with the rest of challenges!
Now that I finally got a goddamn cape and Immaculate hideout I feel so satisfied I almost don't want to play anymore.
To give you perspective it took me 2 months to get something like 10-12 challenges in SSF.
It took me 2 weeks to get up to 36 in trading league.
But tbh if not for the cape I wouldn't probably migrated and ended up with something like 15 challenges done.

Depending on what challenge reward will be in the next league I might start in SSF once again, armed with knowledge and experience.
Just spammed away 750 fusings on my sword after deciding I pretty much wont get a better one this league.
Rng, man. I just double-corrupted my 3/+100 Empower gem to a 2/2/+10 quality Empower. But it's worth trying Alva temple corruption and it's fun content. A level 4 Empower I'm guessing would be build-enabling. To battle!
Last edited by vmt80 on Feb 10, 2019, 5:51:04 PM
"
vmt80 wrote:
Rng, man. I just double-corrupted my 3/+100 Empower gem to a 2/2/+10 quality Empower. But it's worth trying Alva temple corruption and it's fun content. A level 4 Empower I'm guessing would be build-enabling. To battle!

:D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info