How is ssf going for u guys/girls? ^^

"
systemdown wrote:
I'm a little over 24 hours of play time into this league, trying for my first 5L - only dropped a single 6-socket chest that's viable for the colours I need (Armour/ES). Have only 50 fuses to my name - it probably won't be enough.

Unless maybe if its a good piece I wouldnt spend fuses on it but YMMV.

"
systemdown wrote:

How early did you guys get your first 5L?

Took me quite long to find one. But 4link main skill (BF totem / AWC) with 4link support skill (searing bond) worked well enough.
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
For your first 5 link, i'd wait until you have vorici do it for you and you have the fuses.
This will also give you the time to actually get a chest-piece that you want to 5 link in the first place.
Level 90 *yay*

Unavailable

Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
what the crap. i found 3 5Ls in drops in my late 50s and one in the vendor in my 60s and got a tabula i think when i was around lvl 45.

but ya when you're playing SSF, its always good to check every item vendor every level. you'll get a great stock of chromes doing this anyway.
but in the later levels you'll get a bunch of 6S items and 5Ls and potentially a 6L just from the vendor alone. in standard i've gotten a number of 6L from vendor
"
Cataca wrote:
For your first 5 link, i'd wait until you have vorici do it for you and you have the fuses.
This will also give you the time to actually get a chest-piece that you want to 5 link in the first place.

Personally I don't like Vorici for 5L. I'd hate to miss a small chance for 6L and usually 5L isn't that hard to fuse.

"
xMustard wrote:
what the crap. i found 3 5Ls in drops in my late 50s and one in the vendor in my 60s and got a tabula i think when i was around lvl 45.

but ya when you're playing SSF, its always good to check every item vendor every level. you'll get a great stock of chromes doing this anyway.
but in the later levels you'll get a bunch of 6S items and 5Ls and potentially a 6L just from the vendor alone. in standard i've gotten a number of 6L from vendor

You've been really lucky. I checked vendors every time I was in town while progressing and during Dried Lake grind I checked vendors from Cruel A3 to Merciless A4 every level. Still after my second character hitting level 80 I haven't seen a a single 5L item on vendors. Also since starting during closed beta I've never seen 6L on a vendor.
Last edited by kuukkeli on Mar 16, 2017, 8:42:54 PM
"
kuukkeli wrote:
Personally I don't like Vorici for 5L. I'd hate to miss a small chance for 6L and usually 5L isn't that hard to fuse.

depends if you have a 5S or 6S that you're trying to link up
"
xMustard wrote:
"
kuukkeli wrote:

I (almost) never try to 5L items with only 5 sockets.
"
kuukkeli wrote:
"
xMustard wrote:
"
kuukkeli wrote:

I (almost) never try to 5L items with only 5 sockets.

ya but we're talking about SSF. desperate times calls for desperate measures.
For your first 5 link in the league?

The item level of that thing is going to be garbage. Even if you do 6 link it, you'll be bound to a sub-par armor that you can now not easily replace, because it is a central part of your build.

So for the first 5 link in the league, i most definitely would go for vorici.

For every other subsequent 5 link? Yes. Definitely 6 socket and manually 5 link. Every 10 or so 5 links you'll get a 6 link out of it.

Or you could always go farm merc aqueduct or the channel map for humility cards. (and let me just warn you in advance, that is going to take a while. i think they nerfed the droprate some)
Last edited by Cataca on Mar 16, 2017, 11:09:03 PM

Still no keys but w/e.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info