[3.0] Max Spell Block "Bone Storm" Firestormer (Cheap, Tanky, HC, League Starter)

yea, pls record video with yours some gameplay
it will be wonderful
Tweaked the 77+ leveling trees to make Blasphemy more useful by taking the 20% Radius of Aura node as well as another 8% AoE node. Also added a lvl 77 tree as previously there was quite a big jump to lvl 83 :) We had to give up 0.7% Life Regen and a jewel slot to get the 28% Aura AoE (and 8% global AoE) but I think it is worth it. Might also play around w/ self-casting Flammability or using Orb of Storms. How is everyone finding Blasphemy to work in 2.6 w/ this build?
Blasphemy radius is quite small even with the curse AOE nodes, have to be much to near melee range for my liking, might remove the curses and try something else with the 3 slots.

Haven't messed around with any ideas yet, and might just stick with it in the end.

Have you tried Shaper yet? I'm working my way, with Bone Offering up I'm at 68% Block and 74% Spell Block.

Biggest issue this league has been getting past 4.5k life lol. Doing t13 maps with that is quite stressful.

Also I've used Flame Dash so far, but am considering swapping it for Shield Charge. I still find dash too clunky.
Last edited by Lunaticrr on Mar 13, 2017, 11:27:33 AM
"
midtown wrote:
Might also play around w/ self-casting Flammability or using Orb of Storms. How is everyone finding Blasphemy to work in 2.6 w/ this build?

I've been playing around with Ball Lightning--Curse on Hit--Enfeeble--Flammability and it's feeling pretty good so far. It's definitely a different, more methodical, play style than blasphemy, but it's effective at applying both curses to large packs quickly.

It also means that I'm only currently reserving the 34 mana from clarity. Still trying to decide what to do with that extra mana. I may pick up Mind over Matter or perhaps run a different aura (Haste? Anger? Discipline?) or Arctic Armour, though I'd need an unset ring for those.

I'd also thought about switching my body armour to Infernal Mantle for the +1 to fire gems, assuming I got my resists in order. Given how mana efficient this build is, with no mana reserved, I don't think I'd ever hit the low mana state and take extra spell damage.
"
hender99 wrote:
Just a question if I wanted to farm dried lake quickly without worrying about defenses, what should i change around?

I just realized the better answer would be to swap Bone Offering with Flesh Offering and get fantastic Movement/Cast/Attack speed bonuses (for you and minions), and then you'd also get the 16% cast speed and 40% inc damage from Spirit Eater. I tested this with a Silver Flask of Adrenaline and it's so smooth and fast.

"
Lunaticrr wrote:
Biggest issue this league has been getting past 4.5k life lol. Doing t13 maps with that is quite stressful.

Hmm. Make sure you have all the life nodes on the tree and aim for 75+ life on your gear. You should be able to hit 7-8k EHP (life+ES). Can you paste your gears? Here are some of mine in LHC. Nothing godly and nothing cost more than 2c except the armor was 20c.

"
Lunaticrr wrote:
Also I've used Flame Dash so far, but am considering swapping it for Shield Charge. I still find dash too clunky.

Shield Charge is definitely fun and fast. I'd love to figure out how to fit in Shield Charge + Fortify (and maybe Faster Attacks) into this build for extra tankiness. If you do, let me know your gem setup! The advantage of Flame Dash is that it's blue so easier to fit into ES gear, it can go through our Frost Wall, can skip over walls / cliffs / through doors/bars, and is better for labs.
Last edited by midtown on Mar 13, 2017, 9:15:13 PM
Hi midtown!

its my first char on PoE but i read this forum
and first select PewPewPew firestorm build to elementalist

its cheap, fun, but in T5 map i feel like glasscannon, now plan reroll to necromancer
plz add to you manual what active skill you use

and screen offence/defence tab for sample when char ready to farm maps and another end game boss

and nice better short video when you farm you standart level maps to understand survive secret

i see yo play only HC so i think you expert how survive :)
Last edited by powergreen on Mar 14, 2017, 12:18:52 AM
"
powergreen wrote:
Hi midtown!

its my first char on PoE but i read this forum
and first select PewPewPew firestorm build to elementalist

its cheap, fun, but in T5 map i feel like glasscannon, now plan reroll to necromancer
plz add to you manual what active skill you use

and screen offence/defence tab for sample when char ready to farm maps and another end game boss

and nice better short video when you farm you standart level maps to understand survive secret

i see yo play only HC so i think you expert how survive :)

Thanks for the feedback! I will get those up shortly.

My strategy for surviving is this: every time you die, take a minute and make sure you understand what happened, what you could have done to prevent it, and then integrate this into your build/gameplay. PoE is pretty complex and to survive you need to understand a lot of mechanics, most importantly: bleed, poison, (elemental) reflect, freeze/chill, shock, volatile enemies, traps, and the small ticking time-bomb aoe skills that some packs leave behind when they die (what are these called?). If you don't understand what those are, and how to mitigate their danger, you will die from them a lot, so look them all up :) When fighting bosses, they all have their unique mechanics, skills, and phases, so you need to learn the best strategy for each hard boss (wiki); you generally can't get away with ignoring boss mechanics like you can in many other games.
Last edited by midtown on Mar 14, 2017, 1:36:31 AM
I undestand this, and this great gameplay
you dont faceroll all, need activate brain
and its nice!

BUT: if anyone trash on T5+ hit my 30-50% hp one shot
i think someone i do wrong :)

on pewpewpew elementalist build i have great dps, but in melee anyone trash hurt me :)
special danger for me mobs with chaos magick spell

Last edited by powergreen on Mar 14, 2017, 4:43:30 AM
Playing a rather similar build in ssf hc right now and thought I'd point out Stone of Lazhwar and Hrimnor's Resolve as pretty decent alternative unique options. Stone of Lazhwar makes going max/high-spellblock quite viable for self-found or budget conscious players, since the prophecy that guarantees the drop ("The Sinner's Stone") proccs fairly often (I got it twice before I hit 80) And well, Hrimnor's Resolve is surprisingly amazing nowadays, since it gives this build freeze and chill immunity with 100% uptime, some extra damage, while also having pretty okay-ish stats for life based characters. Its debatable whether giving up the +2 minion mod for it is worth it, but I personally feel like it absolutely is, particularily in HC.

"
powergreen wrote:

Sure thing, here they are, added to the main build post as well.

Defense: Note that for end-game ideally you have 115% to all elemental resistances in Merciless to protect against curses such as Flammability and Elemental Weakness. You should also have a positive chaos resistance or Poison/Chaos enemies are going to hurt. Here I have a little over 7.2K EHP, with about 30 chaos invested. You should be able to hit 6K EHP with about 10 chaos at this point.

Offence: This is a 5L with AoE, buffed with Overflowing Chalice and Spirit Eater, but not Atziri's because I don't have one yet :) The DPS seems low, but remember that with Flammability and Scorching Ray we can hit up to 125% fire penetration, and we generally always have Elemental Overload up for 40% MORE damage. And of course for single target we use Conc Effect and also get the dmg from Scorching Ray on top of Firestorm.

Last edited by midtown on Mar 14, 2017, 3:15:51 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info