[2.6] THE FREEZING PILLOW - 40% DMG Reduction - 250K+ DPS - Dual Curse - Freezing Pulse Hierophant.

I have never used two of the same gems in different armour/weapon items before. Does this mean I have to map each Freezing Pulse to a key and use them according to what whether I want warlord's Mark and Frostbite (vs the 5L set of gems) to trigger or do I just map one and they will all trigger?
"
Pracis wrote:
Question:

Is the Pandemonius a useful upgrade versus the Halcyon?

For the purposes of a Heirophant build, the Pandemonius is probably a better general use for the always on cold-pen. If you convert this to an Inquisitor build, Halcyon is almost always better. Neither are very usable for the super endgame bosses since they're basically soft-countered against freeze, chill, etc.

"
SonicBog wrote:
I have never used two of the same gems in different armour/weapon items before. Does this mean I have to map each Freezing Pulse to a key and use them according to what whether I want warlord's Mark and Frostbite (vs the 5L set of gems) to trigger or do I just map one and they will all trigger?

You'd have to map separately. Consider linking to Herald of Ice instead if going to curse on hit. It'll be applied to enemies near anything you shatter which should be a frequent occurence.

@Judal, I tested the Eldritch battery w/ Reaver, it's not quite friendly. Basically, Warlord's should feed into life and mana, but if you use Eldritch battery and Reaver, then Warlord's feeds into energy shield and you have nothing feeding into Life. This unfortunately leads to pseudo-tankiness issues because you're only regenning ~3% of HP/sec. At my current stage, I've got ~2.5K HP and ~1K shield. 75HP regen/sec isn't enough to survive being hit more than twice in most instances where it matters(bosses). To make matters worse, Mind Over Matter absolutely kills if you get surrounded (like when you start a breach).

I ended up removing Mind over Matter and Eldritch. I'm considering removing Reaver but I'll see how my end game gear options look. Another thing to consider after removing the MoM and EB nodes is removing the mana nodes below Trickery (right of Shadow start) and the Deep Thoughts node(above witch start) since you don't have to be too concerned for mana anymore and then replacing all of them with the Templar nodes Elementalist, Light of Divinity, Faith and Steel. Resulting changes gives an extra 20 to all resists and the other results below while providing a LOT more damage

(with templar nodes)
116% increased maximum Energy Shield
48% increased Armour
144% increased maximum Life

(current tree)
101% increased maximum Energy Shield
20% increased Armour
154% increased maximum Life

Obviously, this means that you'd want to commit to more energy shield and armor, but you'd free up some gear resist affixes.

As for Curses/Aura, currently, I'm using up 95% of mana on Warlord's(endurance charge gen) and Assassin's(power charge gen) and Herald of Ice- obviously this is without Inc AOE. So I've got about 60 mana to cast with REALLY good mana regen and leach. This is just enough to cast echo'd freezing pulse continuously without hitting enemies. If you're hitting enemies, you'll be topped off pretty much all the time.

-Sorry for Wall of Text. I actually REALLY like your build, it's just got some small easily solvable theory-craft problems. Ignoring those, the tankiness with good damage is fantastic so far.

-Do you mind if I take some inspiration from your build and throw up an inquisitor version? If you build out Inquisitor then you can remove Cold Pen and replace with Ice bite and have a triple-charge generating build. Obviously, the loss here is that you no longer have that juicy 40% increased AOE on Gloves for your curses, and you no longer have the extra energy shield from Sanctuary of thought, and no longer having auto-gen power & endurance charges, but in exchange you get to ignore resistances which is a huge boost to damage late game.

Editted: spelling and added part of last paragraph
Last edited by Seraface on Mar 6, 2017, 11:11:44 AM
oO

Thanks for the response Seraface!

I'm interested to see what an Inquisitor build would look like.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info