[2.6] THE FREEZING PILLOW - 40% DMG Reduction - 250K+ DPS - Dual Curse - Freezing Pulse Hierophant.

"
a1n wrote:
What is Stone Golem used for with this build?

Some nice health Regen, and distraction.
How is the build using all 4 auras? Calculator says it's over the mana amount and I don't see any reduction in the build?
This build looks really neat, I'm planning on using this as a league starter. Two things about your link setup that I noticed though. Your curse link setup probably shouldn't run Increased AoE because of the mana multiplier. Also I'm not super sold on using Faster Casting on your FP link setup. I'm pretty sure Controlled Destruction does more dps in every circumstance.

Besides that this looks really cool.
Your current gear you have Clarity, Herald of Ice, Balshpemied Frostbite, and Arctic Armor. In your gem setup you remove clarity and add Warlord's Mark.

How are you doing this without mana reduction nodes? Is there something I'm missing?
Nothing about this build makes sense to me.

You're reserving like 150% of your mana pool. You have threshold gems in places where it's not even possible to get 40 of a stat. Your defenses are worse than just wearing armor for mitigation. You have zero (like 3) damage nodes.

Help me understand I'm losing sleep over this.
I can't respond for his aura issue because I'm not sure what his plan for that is either. The threshold jewels have a medium radius, not a small radius. Both the socket near Quick Recovery and the one by Instability satisfy the 40 int requirement. You don't even need to have 40 int allocated, just 40 int nodes in the radius. Taking Eldritch Battery would give you less survivability than just normal hybrid but not taking it means you can't take advantage of MoM while reserving the majority of your mana pool.

I don't know, the more I think about it the more I think Inquisitor is just a better fit.
"
Judal wrote:
"
SaIigia wrote:
Unless I'm looking at it wrong one of your jewel slots only has 30 int in medium radius and won't trigger First Snow...

http://imgur.com/a/76wY8 Here is two pictures show where the 40 or more intelligence in each radius is located.

1 picture - it wont reach this "+20 int" node. so...how it works for u?=)
This build is a lot of fun!

Thanks for sharing! Out of curiosity, how is your progression going so far? And what happened to the name of the thread? :(

"
a1n wrote:
How is the build using all 4 auras? Calculator says it's over the mana amount and I don't see any reduction in the build?

"
Vorteks wrote:
This build looks really neat, I'm planning on using this as a league starter. Two things about your link setup that I noticed though. Your curse link setup probably shouldn't run Increased AoE because of the mana multiplier. Also I'm not super sold on using Faster Casting on your FP link setup. I'm pretty sure Controlled Destruction does more dps in every circumstance.

Besides that this looks really cool.

"
a1n wrote:
Your current gear you have Clarity, Herald of Ice, Balshpemied Frostbite, and Arctic Armor. In your gem setup you remove clarity and add Warlord's Mark.

How are you doing this without mana reduction nodes? Is there something I'm missing?

"
a1n wrote:
Nothing about this build makes sense to me.

You're reserving like 150% of your mana pool. You have threshold gems in places where it's not even possible to get 40 of a stat. Your defenses are worse than just wearing armor for mitigation. You have zero (like 3) damage nodes.

Help me understand I'm losing sleep over this.

"
Vorteks wrote:
I can't respond for his aura issue because I'm not sure what his plan for that is either. The threshold jewels have a medium radius, not a small radius. Both the socket near Quick Recovery and the one by Instability satisfy the 40 int requirement. You don't even need to have 40 int allocated, just 40 int nodes in the radius. Taking Eldritch Battery would give you less survivability than just normal hybrid but not taking it means you can't take advantage of MoM while reserving the majority of your mana pool.

I don't know, the more I think about it the more I think Inquisitor is just a better fit.

"
Melanholic7 wrote:
"
Judal wrote:
"
SaIigia wrote:
Unless I'm looking at it wrong one of your jewel slots only has 30 int in medium radius and won't trigger First Snow...

http://imgur.com/a/76wY8 Here is two pictures show where the 40 or more intelligence in each radius is located.

1 picture - it wont reach this "+20 int" node. so...how it works for u?=)

you are right. i made some false asumptions here is 2 new pictures of where the intelligence is located. Also remember that the intelligence doesn't have to be allocated for it to work. http://imgur.com/a/QfeKa

and for everyone else:

You are all absolutely right. I didn't realize myself until I actually tried to use all 4 auras.

I have changed the links in the guide and added a changelog.

The threshold gems are in perfect valid places since the intelligence doesn't have to be allocated for it to work.

"
Pracis wrote:
This build is a lot of fun!

Thanks for sharing! Out of curiosity, how is your progression going so far? And what happened to the name of the thread? :(

Haven't got to play a ton since i had irl stuff to do, but so far so good. the damage is starting to show i have just taken MoM at lvl 51 with a mana pool at 900. Not much to complain about yet.

The name was a editing error.

Question:

Is the Pandemonius a useful upgrade versus the Halcyon?

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Halcyon
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Pandemonius

Judal, you did say that you'll be updating as you play. Of course, there could always be some mistakes.. we're all human. I for one appreciate you taking the time to write this guide out! :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info