[2.6] Corpse Explosion Ray (CwC Detonate Dead), Zero Budget SSF / League Starter

OK, I'm level 79 and happy with the build so far, appart from some nasty bosses, when I don't have time to place Desacrate (I use it with Totam support).

The question is, what is the idea behind MoM+Elditch? I've taken them yesterday and not really sure if it is for the better:
1. During casting, shield is depleted, so it does not regen.
2. As a result, during longer engagements, there is no buffer to absorb incoming damage.
3. More then that, not once during a fight I found myself unable to jump out with Flame Dash - there was no mana.

However withouth these passives I was able to constandly cast with no such problems.

Am I missing something? Maybe it worked fine for me as I don't level Dex-needing gems above some level (that's to be able to re-equip things with smaller dex bonuses) ?
Hey, im currently lvl 68 and pretty good with the dmg and stuff
Just a few questions:

1. Would it make Sence to go for an additional Curse (Enfeeble+Flamability+Elemental weakness)
I imagined with Heretics Veil and maybe a corrupted Ngamahu Tiki( 1 add curse)
or even Windscream? thought this would boost the Dmg a bit more

"
MisterAL wrote:
OK, I'm level 79 and happy with the build so far, appart from some nasty bosses, when I don't have time to place Desacrate (I use it with Totam support).

The question is, what is the idea behind MoM+Elditch? I've taken them yesterday and not really sure if it is for the better:
1. During casting, shield is depleted, so it does not regen.
2. As a result, during longer engagements, there is no buffer to absorb incoming damage.
3. More then that, not once during a fight I found myself unable to jump out with Flame Dash - there was no mana.

However withouth these passives I was able to constandly cast with no such problems.

Am I missing something? Maybe it worked fine for me as I don't level Dex-needing gems above some level (that's to be able to re-equip things with smaller dex bonuses) ?

Hi there - did you also take the Zealots Oath keystone and are you running a Stone Golem? We get 2.8% life regen on the tree, which gets applied to ES via ZO and Stone Golem also gives a nice extra chunk of regen. With this setup you shouldn't have any issues unless running a no regen map mod.

The other thing to bear in mind is having a big enough ES pool for the % regen to apply to, I currently have ~4.6k life and ~2k ES but with a lot of room for improvement.

"
Hey, im currently lvl 68 and pretty good with the dmg and stuff
Just a few questions:

1. Would it make Sence to go for an additional Curse (Enfeeble+Flamability+Elemental weakness)
I imagined with Heretics Veil and maybe a corrupted Ngamahu Tiki( 1 add curse)
or even Windscream? thought this would boost the Dmg a bit more

Hi - if you have the gear to do so I think an extra curse would be a good addition to the build though we would sacrifice a bit of tankyness to do so. Heretics Veil and Ngamahu Tiki would go very nicely in the build.
Update: added my gear when made the switch to EB/MoM/ZO
After EB and ZO, there is no life regen, instead of using flask how do we recover life?
Last edited by anzephyrgus on Mar 29, 2017, 2:10:09 PM
While sorting out loot, got an idea. I can't test it myself, as I'm too much used to speel totem instead of a trap. But what do you think about using the following pair?

Most likely to lose some DPS, but get some additional defence in the form of blind.
Could've even tried to not use ZO, but I don't know what to o with bosses then.
Last edited by MisterAL on Apr 15, 2017, 5:32:18 AM
"
anzephyrgus wrote:
After EB and ZO, there is no life regen, instead of using flask how do we recover life?

Well, I had the same concern, so didn't use those until I've got like 4k shield and 4k HP. And now I use MoM+EB, without ZO. So far feels OK, but I haven't played much with it.
Is it me or this build doesnt do any dmg ? Im at lvl 41 and i cant kill a thing with a 4 link setup. Its taking ages for them to burn. Or what im doing wrong. Flameblast i used before was 5 times faster.
"
Deziowy wrote:
Is it me or this build doesnt do any dmg ? Im at lvl 41 and i cant kill a thing with a 4 link setup. Its taking ages for them to burn. Or what im doing wrong. Flameblast i used before was 5 times faster.

As for me I've used firestorm for way more after I could use scorch. Just leveled scorch and DD, and then switched to them.

Are you sure you don't forget to generate some corpses for DD? It is way more important then pure burning.
Last edited by MisterAL on Apr 24, 2017, 4:59:52 PM
hi all. do you thins this will still work in 3.0 without double dipping? Has anyone testing this in beta? Could be a cool

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info