[2.6] Corpse Explosion Ray (CwC Detonate Dead), Zero Budget SSF / League Starter

Do you guys have problems with breaches in this build? With so many mobs I'm just perma-stunned, and even if not - stationary one-side-attacking target is not a problem for them ((
"
MisterAL wrote:
Do you guys have problems with breaches in this build? With so many mobs I'm just perma-stunned, and even if not - stationary one-side-attacking target is not a problem for them ((

If your leveling and your damage is not quite there yet then breaches can get hairy, but one your damage has come on line I've found this build one of the more consistent breach clearers.

A few tips for breaches:
- Make sure to throw a few desecrate traps before opening the breach, to give yourself some initial ammo
- A full 4L set up Desecrate/Trap/Cluster Trap/Multiple Traps can help immensely with corpse generation
- Use Increased AoE rather than Conc Effect to help prevent getting swamped
- Use Orb of Storms linked with blind for some additional defense
- Remember that when channeling Scorching Ray, we can still blow up corpses anywhere in the screen by where we place the cursor (the actual direction of the Scorching Ray doesn't matter), so if a bunch of mobs approach you from the back just move your cursor over them ASAP
- Stibnite flask is also helpful
- Keep an eyeout for the lightning balls in Esh breaches, as we tend to stay in one spot and clear the breach from the centre it can be easy to forget to move out of these in time
Thank you for a very detailed post.
For people interested in this build, I made a little clip, leveling in cruel:
https://youtu.be/A_K6QT2qsUU
"
xevven wrote:
For people interested in this build, I made a little clip, leveling in cruel:
https://youtu.be/A_K6QT2qsUU

Thanks for posting your video! I should try and record something myself but not sure my laptop can handle it unfortunately.

The Spell Totem / Desecrate setup looks quite effective.
Thanks a lot for the video.
And what is your totem-desacrate setup is like?
Last edited by MisterAL on Mar 15, 2017, 9:12:19 AM
So far it's a very nice build.
I do have a few questions though.

1. If you use MoM, EB and ZO - won't your aura's etc turn off when the damage gets deducted? Since we're sitting at like +- 50 mana in total after activating Flam, Enfeeble and AA?

2. I've had to spec into 4% less mana reserve just to be able to cast my totem (desecrate) and orb of storms... How do you guys do it without the less mana reserve? The aura's take up too much mana otherwise.

3. The guy in the video barely has any ES or Mana... I'm guessing he didn't go for the above-mentioned keystones. Isn't that a better idea then? Leaving ES out almost completely?

I'm lvl 72 doing T3-T6 maps atm, and the damage is quite strong, but defense wise I'm still quite vulnerable --> thus the above questions.

Great concept of the build though. Loving the fact that no required uniques are there, since I'm still going on SSF.

Thanx!
"
Lamonica wrote:
So far it's a very nice build.
I do have a few questions though.

1. If you use MoM, EB and ZO - won't your aura's etc turn off when the damage gets deducted? Since we're sitting at like +- 50 mana in total after activating Flam, Enfeeble and AA?

2. I've had to spec into 4% less mana reserve just to be able to cast my totem (desecrate) and orb of storms... How do you guys do it without the less mana reserve? The aura's take up too much mana otherwise.

3. The guy in the video barely has any ES or Mana... I'm guessing he didn't go for the above-mentioned keystones. Isn't that a better idea then? Leaving ES out almost completely?

I'm lvl 72 doing T3-T6 maps atm, and the damage is quite strong, but defense wise I'm still quite vulnerable --> thus the above questions.

Great concept of the build though. Loving the fact that no required uniques are there, since I'm still going on SSF.

Thanx!

Good to hear you're having some success with the build! To address your questions:

1. Your auras won't get switched off by incoming damage, we use ES as our "mana" pool and mitigation via MoM

2. Prior to switching into EB/MoM make sure you took the mana nodes and combined mana/life nodes at Witch start. It is definitely quite tight, I am currently using one Elreon ring. I would drop AA if you're still struggling. Once you have the gear for EB/MoM mana issues disappear completely.

3. To spec into EB/MoM you need to have the gear for it, ideally ~43% of your life pool as ES. If playing SSF I would guess you would be able to make the switch at level 80ish give-or-take. I think it's worth it due to the extra eHP it gives us, and being able to reserve effectively all of our mana. (Full disclosure: I haven't managed to scrape together the gear for it yet though it's still my plan)
Quite new to the game and i wanted to try an explosion corpse build cause im quite used to that idea.
Wanted to ask little advices on gearing, on the kind of gear mainly.
From your gear at 75 u use ES+evasion kind of gear, is that the one we should aim for from the beginning?
Is there some dex problem in that case? cause i dont see dex nodes in the tree.(sorry if i missed any)
Same goes for shield? (es+armour i mean in this case)

Thanks in advance :D
Last edited by Panca21 on Mar 16, 2017, 12:15:51 PM
"
Panca21 wrote:
Quite new to the game and i wanted to try an explosion corpse build cause im quite used to that idea.
Wanted to ask little advices on gearing, on the kind of gear mainly.
From your gear at 75 u use ES+evasion kind of gear, is that the one we should aim for from the beginning?
Is there some dex problem in that case? cause i dont see dex nodes in the tree.(sorry if i missed any)
Same goes for shield? (es+armour i mean in this case)

Thanks in advance :D

You're right that we would be using mainly ES/Evasion gear as those are the gem colors we use mostly:
- Main setup is BBBG (Scorch Ray / CwC / AoE / DD)
- Corpse generator is GGGG (Trap / Desecrate / Cluster Traps / Multiple Traps)
- Curse/Aura setup is BBBG (Blasphemy / Flammability / Enfeeble / Artic Armour)
- EE/EO Proc setup is BBGG (Orb of Storms / Crit Strikes / Blind / Culling Strike)

Its also might be useful to have a piece of AR/EV gear to get the gem setup for our movement skill, RRG (Shield Charge / Fortify / Faster Attacks).

Don't worry about it too much as you're leveling, just try to cap your resists and get as much life as possible, then when you are higher level try to look for hybrid pieces (high ES + a high life roll).

You are right this build requires some dexterity on gear (for Desecrate / DD / Faster Attacks gem level requirements), use Haku/Elreon crafting to help out and don't feel bad about taking one or two +30 Dex nodes on the tree as a temporary measure.

Let me know how you get on!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info