[2.6] EK NOVA Pathfinder/Occultist Millions of DPS. UPDATED w/ Leveling Guide!

Hey again!

I had alot of chromes and some currency laying around. Tested Empower lvl 4 instead of Controlled Destruction for my setup.

The unbuffed toltip dps was allready 4.5k lower and fully buffed even bigger.

I did some testing, not alot but more than enough and I would say: Controlled destruction > Empower lvl 4. Hopefully it answers some of you that been asking about it!
"
luckyshin wrote:
"
CircAGG wrote:
Hey!

I'm excited to start this build and I'm level 15 right now. I was wondering if you could please put leveling trees up?

Some of the passives do not make sense early on (e.g., Method to the Madness circle, Entropy, etc.). So I was just wondering if you could make some different ones to show pathing while leveling.

Thanks so much for your time.

ring of blades jewel asap (level 11 or so)

18 points www.poeurl.com/beQh
45 points www.poeurl.com/beQs
65 points www.poeurl.com/beQu
85 points www.poeurl.com/beQt

Thank you for your guide.
Sorry, I'm a new player and I have some questions.
Could you make a similar leveling guide for occultist?

"Use this class if you want to dual wield" (about occultist) - What kind of double weapon should I use?
"

Thank you for your guide.
Sorry, I'm a new player and I have some questions.
Could you make a similar leveling guide for occultist?

"Use this class if you want to dual wield" (about occultist) - What kind of double weapon should I use?

if you want to use a movement skill and use witchfire brew instead of a quicksilver flask, daggers or more specifically a rare platinum kris with spell dmg, spell crit, and maybe crit multi or essence crafted cast speed. attack speed on at least one would be nice for whirling blades.
or dual wands for max dmg, maybe an apeps+a rare or two rare wands
Last edited by luckyshin on Apr 1, 2017, 7:21:44 PM
Anyone tried shaper yet?
"
Xuletz wrote:
i'm a bit confused, maybe you can clarify something for me. you don't pick up pierce on the tree, so you either don't have 100% pierce or you do get it but in a way that i can't see / am unaware of. if you could reply i'd be very grateful because i believe that pierce would be pretty amazing for map clear, but i'm somewhat unwilling to invest into building this until i get an answer. otherwise, the build guide is very well written and i do appreciate you taking the time. Have a good day!

the idea is, 50% pierce with spell echo is enough to hit everything in a pack.

I tried a horned talisman (+30% pierce chance amulet) and I didn't notice the difference much.

Seeing as how we do great damage already, trading some nodes for 100% pierce chance might further optimize mapping by ensuring your single cast of EK kills packs in one shot. I've made a tree that includes Pierce if anyone wants to try this.

Around the usual Energy From Within spot, use Intuitive Leap instead, and take Overcharged + Melding. thats what the point spent on Conduit is for.
www.poeurl.com/be12
Hi,

Doing great with this build so far, thank you for your very informative and friendly guide.

Just a question about daggers vs wands and what I should get ? I am 83 with about 61k tooltip dig on my EK using a wand. Would you suggest moving to a Dagger and if so what stats should I prioritize on the dagger ?

thanks
Hi guys,

Quick questions:

1/ What about going for Voidwalker boots instead of Brinerot ? It gives:
- 100% pierce: saving 1 gem slot + several nodes which is huge.

Why isn't it discussed in as an alternative ? Is there a huge drawback i don't see ?

2/ And then what would you go for your 6th Link between:
- Empower
- Faster casting

thx

IGN: SjeveN
good job using poeurl only, can't access links when that is down.
Just a quick question, how do we get around the shock from vinktar's without a shock flask? Or do brinerot whalers fix that?

NVM im stupid i forgot we get status immunity during flask effect
Last edited by Jhek on Apr 4, 2017, 4:48:00 PM
Thanks for the guide. I just switch to run blasphemy in addition to discipline and I'm having some serious mana issues. How can you possibly run this build without a mana flask? Thanks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info